DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

Yes. See Post #7 and Post #18-C of the sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this forum.

A regular AP voucher is valid until used. You should be to use them, although normally no refund will be given.

You should be able to do this. Of course these will still expire on December 5, 2012.

As in Post #7 of the sticky, it is best to do an upgrade early in the trip as it will give you all AP benefits immediately. And Post #18-C will also help.
Thanks Mike!!!

WOW!! I am soooo happy that finally something is working in our favor. Our APS expired in August and we put off renewing them. I don't know why, we usually always do, but we just didn't. This will work great for our Christmas trip and for all of next year. My hubby is even thinking of buying more to start next December for 2914. I hope this continues. I think Disney wants to get us DVCers to stay in the parks!!

Enjoy The Magic!!

I apologize if I missed this in reading this thread but does anyone know if I purchase this PAP for $399, get my voucher and pick up pass at DTD if I can then upgrade it to a Premier pass for just the difference between a PAP and a Premier pass? We're doing both parks in the next year.

Thanks!

Thank you for you help. I have the MYW down.

I didn't ask my question about the ap vouchers very well.
Either that, or I don't understand it yet.

Can I take them and upgrade to a PAP with this DVC discount?
I am not sure I'd do that with the one I paid over $399 for.
I might be better off buying a new one.

But, for the ap I paid $373 can I upgrade to a PAP with the discount?
I didn't know what to do here since it's a voucher and what $$ credit I would receive.

Thank you for you help. I have the MYW down.

I didn't ask my question about the ap vouchers very well.
Either that, or I don't understand it yet.

Can I take them and upgrade to a PAP with this DVC discount?
I am not sure I'd do that with the one I paid over $399 for.
I might be better off buying a new one.

But, for the ap I paid $373 can I upgrade to a PAP with the discount?
I didn't know what to do here since it's a voucher and what $$ credit I would receive.

:wave2::wave2:

I called Disney and asked about this just a few months ago and was told yes. You will pay the difference of what you paid for the pass. So they do not look at what kind of pass you bought (DVC, discounted, full price), but instead they look at how much you paid for it and then they charge you the difference.

I apologize if I missed this in reading this thread but does anyone know if I purchase this PAP for $399, get my voucher and pick up pass at DTD if I can then upgrade it to a Premier pass for just the difference between a PAP and a Premier pass? We're doing both parks in the next year.

Thanks!

Yes. Disney will look at how much you paid for the pass and they will charge you the difference.

Thanks!

You will pay the difference between what you paid and the Premier. There is no bring to gate trick. So since the Premier costs around $800 and you paid $399 you would be charged $400 or so.

Thanks everyone. Trying to see if I could save a few bucks. A discounted Premier would be a nice perk but I'm sure demand is no where near the same as for PAP.

:wave2::wave2:

I called Disney and asked about this just a few months ago and was told yes. You will pay the difference of what you paid for the pass. So they do not look at what kind of pass you bought (DVC, discounted, full price), but instead they look at how much you paid for it and then they charge you the difference.

:goodvibesThank you!

I am still trying to figure out what my next move is:surfweb:

Let me start out by saying, that I'm sorry if this was asked already, in some way shape or form....

I know how the bridging kinda works, because we just did this this past August on our trip... We bought 4 10-day MYW through UT. Once we arrived and went into a MK we immediately upgraded to reg. AP's w/ DVC discount...So we paid the difference....I believe the DVC discount came to $425. So a small price for us to pay the difference.

My question is this . Being that we paid $425 + tax for our original AP's, can we switch them over to the PAP's which are only $399 + tax..(Knowing that I will not get any $$back) Is this at all possible. I know that my use day would still be Aug. 22, 2012 through Aug23 2013....Just not sure if they'll allow me to do this even though I will have spent more $$.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx DizDad7

I haven't purchased an AP before for my grand-daughter as I usually take her once a year, but am thinking now about getting her a PAP, given the price break. Are kid's PAPs also $399 or is there a child's price?

Redbudlover said:
I haven't purchased an AP before for my grand-daughter as I usually take her once a year, but am thinking now about getting her a PAP, given the price break. Are kid's PAPs also $399 or is there a child's price?

There is no longer a child's price, just one price.

We are going to Disneyland in October and then WDW at the end of November. Can I use the park hopper tickets I am buying for Disneyland towards the PAP for WDW? Do they sell the WDW PAP at Disneyland?

I don't know if this would count but if we have 14 day ultimate passes from the UK, can these be upgraded?

mandjblum said:
We are going to Disneyland in October and then WDW at the end of November. Can I use the park hopper tickets I am buying for Disneyland towards the PAP for WDW? Do they sell the WDW PAP at Disneyland?

Well you can't use DL tickets to enter WDW, so I'm pretty sure that would be a no.

Well you can't use DL tickets to enter WDW, so I'm pretty sure that would be a no.
true but...

mandjblum your post got me thinking as we had hoped to be able to use points to visit the west coast & DL next summer. Have you inquired if you could
purchase the DVC princed PAP voucher via MS ($399+), then upgrade it @ DL in October to the combo Disneyland Preimer Passport ($899+) that grants entrance to both DL & WDW? The key would be whether you'd receive the $399+ value or the $699+ towards the trade-in.

keishashadow said:
hmmm

they do sell the combo Disneyland Premier Passport for admission to DL & WDW for $849+

Wonder if after purchasing it you can upgrade the DVC priced PAP to this ticket at Disneyland and, if so, what $ value you'd receive ($399 or $699)?:confused3

Small print says that these tix cannot be upgraded.

true but...

mandjblum your post got me thinking as we had hoped to be able to use points to visit the west coast & DL next summer. Have you inquired if you could
purchase the DVC princed PAP voucher via MS ($399+), then upgrade it @ DL in October to the combo Disneyland Preimer Passport ($899+) that grants entrance to both DL & WDW? The key would be whether you'd receive the $399+ value or the $699+ towards the trade-in.

I think CF addressed this somewhere, because I remember seeing a post that it would cost $400 to upgrade to this. But I'm way too lazy to search for whatever post that was! But I may be mixing up what the original question was - it was somehow related to DL and upgrades!

Tickets at DL are treated as "straight line" as opposed to WDW tickets which are "front-loaded" for pricing. If you have a valid DL ticket, unused or partially used, you can take it to a Guest Relations Office. They can look it up to see how many days you have used of the ticket. They will then cancel your ticket and apply the unused portion to the purchase of a new MYW (or AP) ticket.

The following is an example with completely made up numbers, as I am not aware of the actual selling price. If you had a five day DL ticket that had cost $200 that is $40 per day. If you had used two days the remaining ticket value would be $120. You would have to purchase, at the very least, a two day base ticket (or a one day adult hopper) to use the $120 and your DL ticket would be canceled.

Additionally, DL tickets (other than APs) expire 13 days from date of first use.

But while at DL you can purchase (or upgrade to) a Disney Premier Pass which is a Premium AP at both DL and WDW.

I don't know if this would count but if we have 14 day ultimate passes from the UK, can these be upgraded?

1. Please note that this thread has been discussing the DVC Member Pass and not general public.

2. A 14 or 21 day Ultimate can be upgraded to an AP. If any of the "minor" park entries have been used you can only upgrade to a PAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter