DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

Well, the free passes fell through so I will be buying our PAP certificates in full. BUT ... I have another question. We have regular APs right now that expire on 12/29 and apparently we can upgrade them to the DVC PAPs for free. We might do that depending on if it's warm enough to go to Blizzard Beach. We're from Wisconsin so "warm enough" is relative :rotfl:. Are we limited to only 1 PAP per person on our DVC membership? Can we buy the certificates and also upgrade? I'm OK doing it at different times if we are not allowed to do it all at once and I would certainly buy my certificates first!

Just have a quick question. My family and I are going to disney next year in August, we got the vouchers for the passes. On the vouchers it says that they can be redeemed right at AK, HS, and Epcot but for Magic Kingdom it says at the TTC. Can we redeem these at guest services outside the MK? It's the park we go to first so it'd be a pain to have to go to the TTC first. Thanks!!

Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC and International Gateway.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, International Gateway, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts; however they cannot do anything related to Annual Passes. Also the Resort Concierge cannot do anything related to Armed Forces Salute tickets.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

At each Park there will always be at least one ticket window and one outside Guest Relations Office open at least 30 minutes prior to the first Guest being allowed into the Park. This takes into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening restaurant reservations. Also, the Guest Relations Office will be open for at least 30 minutes after scheduled Park closing (and this takes into account both Evening EMH as well as any after-hours parties).

Anything related to Park tickets can be done at any of the following locations:

Any Park (including Water Parks) ticket booth. This includes the TTC and International Gateway.

Any Guest Relations Office (GRO) outside the parks. This includes the Water Parks, International Gateway, TTC and DTD.

Any GRO inside the Parks.

Guest Services/Concierge in the Resorts; however they cannot do anything related to Annual Passes. Also the Resort Concierge cannot do anything related to Armed Forces Salute tickets.

This includes "will-call", upgrading any tickets, replacing any tickets, converting an AP voucher to an AP, or selling an AP.

Anything that can be done related to tickets at a GRO can also be done at a regular ticket window. The ticket windows cannot do things such as make reservations, unscramble problems related to room keys, or handle Lost and Found or Guest Recovery.

At each Park there will always be at least one ticket window and one outside Guest Relations Office open at least 30 minutes prior to the first Guest being allowed into the Park. This takes into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening restaurant reservations. Also, the Guest Relations Office will be open for at least 30 minutes after scheduled Park closing (and this takes into account both Evening EMH as well as any after-hours parties).
So, I'm good to go if I use my expiring 8 day hoppers on Thursday at MK (for the first time), then head to Guest Services, DVC card in hand, and upgrade to the PremAP inside the park at some point?

So, I'm good to go if I use my expiring 8 day hoppers on Thursday at MK (for the first time), then head to Guest Services, DVC card in hand, and upgrade to the PremAP inside the park at some point?
I have always upgraded at Guest Services OUTSIDE the park. I don't know if the ones inside the parks handle money and/or credit cards.

I have always upgraded at Guest Services OUTSIDE the park. I don't know if the ones inside the parks handle money and/or credit cards.

I can echo that the inside guest relations offices can do upgrades, we've done them at MK and Epcot several times.

Personally I would suggest doing the upgrade as early in the trip as possible. It does not matter when you do the upgrade but the expiration date will be one year from the date of first use of the ticket you will be upgrading from, not one year from the date of upgrade.

This will allow all the PAP benefits/discounts during the trip.

Thanks for the info! We had been talking about this after our last trip and somebody was telling us to go ahead and get the DVC AP's. Looks like we might just have to grab these and try to get 2-3 trips into them. :banana:

Personally I would suggest doing the upgrade as early in the trip as possible. It does not matter when you do the upgrade but the expiration date will be one year from the date of first use of the ticket you will be upgrading from, not one year from the date of upgrade.

This will allow all the PAP benefits/discounts during the trip.
Thanks Mike...that's what I'll be doing. Heading to MK on Thursday when we arrive. I'll use the pass to enter MK, and then when I'm heading out of the park, I'll stop by GS and get it upgraded to my PremAP!!!

Is there a "Break even" price for these? I am tempted, now that we have booked the Member cruise, we will add a few days at BLT, hopefully, and wonder how many days will make it worth it for us to have the Annual Pass? I don't know the current prices for one park a day, which is really our speed. No grandkids yet, just us. Thanks, hope someone has a calculation somewhere.

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #18-A which is the c0mplete regular price list. Note that special DVC PAP is $399. All prices show do not include the 6.6% sales tax. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

We were able to upgrade our current DVC APs to PAPs last week! They still have the original expiration of August 15, but we got the chance to use the water park already. The 20% discount is also a great perk! SO glad I have the Disboards to learn valuable information!

We were able to upgrade our current DVC APs to PAPs last week! They still have the original expiration of August 15, but we got the chance to use the water park already. The 20% discount is also a great perk! SO glad I have the Disboards to learn valuable information!

The 20% discount ended on 12/31/12 for Walt Disney World PAPs. Now they get 10% like the regular APs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!