DVC Member PAP Special Pricing - Update Post 133

If we do free dining in December can we apply the value of those tickets towards the AP purchase?
More importantly, can we save the vouchers and activate next year? I read somewhere that if you buy in person the passes are activated that day--we would not want to do this.

If we do free dining in December can we apply the value of those tickets towards the AP purchase?
More importantly, can we save the vouchers and activate next year? I read somewhere that if you buy in person the passes are activated that day--we would not want to do this.
Yes, you can upgrade your MYW tickets to the discounted PAP. But the APs will be activated right then and there. If you want a voucher, you'll have to call member services and purchase one. There is no way to turn a MYW ticket into a voucher.

That is correct. If you go to a ticket window (or DTD) to purchase your PAP, you get an activated PAP. The clock starts the minute you have the PAP in your hand. If you want a voucher/confirmation certificate that you can redeem later (but no later than Dec 31, 2013), you must purchase online on the DVC Members website or by phone with Member Services.

Awesome news. Glad I waited to purchase my tickets for my December trip. Thanks Cheshire for sharing this information.

I am guessing I know the answers but just want to clarify.

1) The $399 is the pre-tax price? I need to add some % on to get my actual out of pocket cost for the tickets.

2) A Nov trip for us would be a 'maybe' and I would not want to purchase the PAP until we know for sure we would make the trip. It could be only 1 week prior to the trip before we know but we would want to book with an AP discount at the resort. Do you have to have the PAP in hand to check in at the resort? Can I call or go online to order the discount passes right before we leave and would that confirmation be good enough to check in with or would I have to go to a park (late evening > 9 PM on 11/23) to buy the PAP before checking in? Of course that is assuming that any park ticket location can redeem this offer.

So now I'm kicking myself from here to eternity for buying vouchers last week for regular DVC discounted AP's, to be activated on our trip in early November, only to find out just a week later I could have had a PAP for less than I just paid for a regular AP if I'd only waited a couple more days. DRAT!

Seems to be conflicting information on the DISboards as to whether when we get to WDW, we could go to the ticket office at DTD, trade the green vouchers for regular DVC annual passes, and then immediately trade those in for DVC Premium AP's. I would not expect a refund, but it would be nice to have the PAPs instead for the same price I already paid for the APs. How would that be different from upgrading to the DVC PAP from a brand new MYW ticket I might have purchased in advance and not used yet?

After having PAPs for several years, we dropped them after moving to Colorado because we don't get to WDW as often, and DL is now actually closer. But because it just turned out we would be making 3 trips to WDW within the next 12 month period, I decided to save our Undercover Tourist 10 day PH+water parks with no expire (with only two days used) for next year and get APs again. Guess I'm just complaining about truffles, here, but would sure like to know I could at least swap my regular AP for a PAP.

Just want to clarify before I plunk down major cash at UT today...

Our first park day is 9/29. If we buy hoppers from UT we can use them the first two days and then upgrade them on 10/1 to the PAP and just pay the few dollars difference then?

We were going to get PAP's anyways, so this is an AMAZING deal for us!

puffkin said:

Our first park day is 9/29. If we buy hoppers from UT we can use them the first two days and then upgrade them on 10/1 to the PAP and just pay the few dollars difference then?

I want to know the same thing.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Slightly different question about this. If someone has a AP voucher in hand or had planned to use will call for an AP already purchased, can they leave that in the system for another year and buy this reduced price PAP now? In other words, is there a time limit on how long you can have an existing AP order sitting in the system (or a voucher sitting at home) before you go to will call to get the actual AP?
A non-promotional voucher (or will-call or exchange certificate) for any level of AP does not expire and may be used at any time to exchange to a new active AP.

1. If you do any sort of upgrade the new tickets are active immediately.

2. The expiration date of those tickets will be one year from the date of first use of the tickets you are upgrading from.

3. If you buy vouchers they must be redeemed no later than December 31, 2013, or they lose all their value.

Just make sure that the Gate value of each ticket that you get from UCT is less than $399.00. Check Post #18-A in the ticket sticky to see the Current Gate Price of all non-promotional tickets.

A non-promotional voucher (or will-call or exchange certificate) for any level of AP does not expire and may be used at any time to exchange to a new active AP.

So does that mean that I COULD exchange my (just-purchased and received in the mail) green voucher cards in November for DVC regular APs, and then immediately exchange those for the specially priced DVC PAPs? I know not to expect a refund.

Just make sure that the Gate value of each ticket that you get from UCT is less than $399.00. Check Post #18-A in the ticket sticky to see the Current Gate Price of all non-promotional tickets.

I am having horrible anxiety about this, lol! I am just so nervous about plunking down all this money now and then have them say no to the upgrade on 10/1. Saving money shouldn't make me this anxious ;)

I think I'm SOL here but want to make sure. We just purchases AP's in the parks last week ( if only I had known, wish they had amde the announcement a bit sooner...) When we return in another month there is no way to get a free upgrade to the PAP's is there?

I am guessing I know the answers but just want to clarify.

1) The $399 is the pre-tax price? I need to add some % on to get my actual out of pocket cost for the tickets.

2) A Nov trip for us would be a 'maybe' and I would not want to purchase the PAP until we know for sure we would make the trip. It could be only 1 week prior to the trip before we know but we would want to book with an AP discount at the resort. Do you have to have the PAP in hand to check in at the resort? Can I call or go online to order the discount passes right before we leave and would that confirmation be good enough to check in with or would I have to go to a park (late evening > 9 PM on 11/23) to buy the PAP before checking in? Of course that is assuming that any park ticket location can redeem this offer.

From Cheshire's post:
Effective October 1 through December 31, 2012, DVC Members may Purchase, Renew, or Upgrade to a WDW Premium Annual Pass for $399 (plus tax) compared to the regular price of $559, a savings of $160.

You need to have the annual pass number or confirmation number handy. The front desk can call DVC and ask them to confirm your purchase.

OK ticket guru what about this case.

We have DVC AP that will expire in April. What options do we have or are we SOL?

Can I upgrade the current AP to a PAP for the remainder of the time for no cost?

From what I am reading I can't buy the PAP and wait until April to activate it.

Any ideas?

Slightly different question about this. If someone has a AP voucher in hand or had planned to use will call for an AP already purchased, can they leave that in the system for another year and buy this reduced price PAP now? In other words, is there a time limit on how long you can have an existing AP order sitting in the system (or a voucher sitting at home) before you go to will call to get the actual AP?

As the OP stated existing AP vouchers/will calls don't expire. I was even told by member services when I asked that if i happened to lose my confirmation number it was linked to my DVC membership number and they could look it up for me. Not sure if guest services at parks/resort has that ability or inclination;)but I thought I read that the computers were 'talking to each other' now. :confused3The CM proceeded to check my file and reminded me of a seminar I have booked for F&W.:)

We have DVC AP that will expire in April. What options do we have or are we SOL?

Can I upgrade the current AP to a PAP for the remainder of the time for no cost?

Any ideas?

I believe you can buy the PAP, receive a voucher and you will have until Dec. 2013 to activate it.

Cheshire,

I will be at WDW 9/21-9/30, and am purchasing a 10-day park hopper. I leave on 9/30 (flying home), so won't be there on 10/1 to upgrade it to a PAP.

I know that I can't upgrade it over the phone, and have to do it in person.

Do you think there is any chance that guest services would let me do the upgrade on 9/30...just one day early????

Arriving 9/29. Can I buy a Military Salute ticket and use it 9/29 and 9/30 and upgrade it to a DVC PAP on 10/1. Would the cost be $399 + tax minus the $156 I paid for the Military Salute ticket for a cost of $243 + tax?

Edited: Oh crud, new Military Salute doesn't start until 10/1, too. So, that won't work at all. I suppose I could buy a 3 day ticket at SoG, use it 9/29 and 9/30 and upgrade it to the DVC PAP on 10/1. Would that work?

I am having horrible anxiety about this, lol! I am just so nervous about plunking down all this money now and then have them say no to the upgrade on 10/1. Saving money shouldn't make me this anxious ;)
The internal notice in part specifically states: "Disney Vacation Club Members may Purchase, Renew or Upgrade to a Premium Annual pass for $399 plus tax."

Any ideas?
1. I think you would get an even exchange and not receive a refund.

2. As long as you purchase the voucher by December 31 you could convert it to a live PAP in April 2013.

Cheshire,

I will be at WDW 9/21-9/30, and am purchasing a 10-day park hopper. I leave on 9/30 (flying home), so won't be there on 10/1 to upgrade it to a PAP.

I know that I can't upgrade it over the phone, and have to do it in person.

Do you think there is any chance that guest services would let me do the upgrade on 9/30...just one day early????
No. The new pass will not be in the Automated Ticketing System until it goes on sale, which would be just prior to Park opening on October 1. Even if the person in a booth, including a coordinator or manager, wanted to authorize it, it would not be in the system.

Arriving 9/29. Can I buy a Military Salute ticket and use it 9/29 and 9/30 and upgrade it to a DVC PAP on 10/1. Would the cost be $399 + tax minus the $156 I paid for the Military Salute ticket for a cost of $243 + tax?

Edited: Oh crud, new Military Salute doesn't start until 10/1, too. So, that won't work at all. I suppose I could buy a 3 day ticket at SoG, use it 9/29 and 9/30 and upgrade it to the DVC PAP on 10/1. Would that work?

You are correct. The current AFS tickets all expire at 11:59:59pm on September 30 this year and have a value of zero in October 1. The new promotion cannot be activated (or sold at WDW) prior to October 1.

But you could get regular military-discount MYW passes that are at least three days and upgrade on/after October 1 using the regular upgrade rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter