DVC Magnet

YAY! We really want a magnet, too! Our resale contract just went live a 9 days ago, but no points yet. Who sent you the magnet? Disney or the broker?

YAY! We really want a magnet, too! Our resale contract just went live a 9 days ago, but no points yet. Who sent you the magnet? Disney or the broker?

We purchased our points direct and received the magnet when we received our DVC bag. I'm not sure how it works for resell contracts.

We bought our first contract (resale) this past summer and we didn’t get a magnet from Disney or the broker. Seems like only direct members do.

We bought our first contract (resale) this past summer and we didn’t get a magnet from Disney or the broker. Seems like only direct members do.
Bummer. I bought resale last year and got the magnet from disney. Maybe try reaching out to member services and see if this is something they can sprinkle some of that pixie dust on and get one sent to you.

The OP of this thread said specifically they bought resale. We bought resale and didn't expect a magnet, but this thread gave us hope!

The OP of this thread said specifically they bought resale. We bought resale and didn't expect a magnet, but this thread gave us hope!
I have certainly not gotten backpacks for all of my direct purchases; and I’ve never received a magnet for my resale contracts.

From Disney! Member Admin. We also got a nice letter. Sort of like a welcome to the neighborhood. I also was not expecting anything but this was nice.

I never heard of resale getting anything for a purchase. I do agree from what I read a lot can vary from time to time which is a bummer :sad2:

We purchased Old Key West resale 5 years ago, and received the same magnet from DVC (even though we did not purchase direct). Nothing further on our subsequent resale purchases though. 😊

We got magnets on first resale purchase also, the oval ones back in 2016. Came with the ‘four (or five?) pillars‘ letter and an offer of a call to familiarise myself with DVC with a CM.
Got a Tote on one direct add on, but the rest of the resales never heard anything which I would not expect to.
The above magnet came in Disney Files a few issues back and all members got it then. Heck, they even managed to post it out to the UK.

Got our Welcome package on our direct buy today. We lucked out with 2 magnets inside the backpack! Now me and the wife don’t have to fight over who gets it 🤣

WOW!!! I bought resale in 2019 and had to spend $7 for mine!!!!

Only thing I ever got was the magazine and the legalese about the board meetings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter