DVC Kawfee Tawk with Pete – Saturday, May 8th

I had to stop watching the DVC shows 😢 Have been watching for years and they were how I learned about DVC, pros and cons of the membership, and news. Now they seem more about the services their partners provide. Sad because I haven't found another show I enjoy. Still enjoy watching the room tours though!

I love Fiasco's room tours! He does a great job with them.

But I agree with you about the rest of them. They've mostly become a commercial for the sponsor.

While Pete has more info then what was out there. Im not in the market for resale, I have previously purchased from them back in 2017. They cannot speed up ROFR, Estoppel. So the only way they could speed things up is to find a closing company that will close, without a ROFR waiver from DVC. Set a date at say 31 days and get everything done. This will never happen. If this was their plan, I’m sure most would pay for this. To end ROFR as quick as possible. The big problem was they didn’t explain what this fee was for properly, or let people opt out.

Can they speed up the title company part with training and relationships? That’s where I felt my process was a bit sluggish.

Usually I can see both sides, but I'm missing it here. Everything I've seen about what is to be offered is what I already expected was being done. Was I wrong there? I don't doubt that the staff could have been overworked and was not able to provide the timeliness or level of service they wanted, or that a buyer AND a seller would want. In that case, the company can add staff at some level--additional agents, admins, concierge team--and this allows them to do more business with the same level of service. They get paid that way--close more sales, get more commissions.

Usually I can see both sides, but I'm missing it here. Everything I've seen about what is to be offered is what I already expected was being done. Was I wrong there? I don't doubt that the staff could have been overworked and was not able to provide the timeliness or level of service they wanted, or that a buyer AND a seller would want. In that case, the company can add staff at some level--additional agents, admins, concierge team--and this allows them to do more business with the same level of service. They get paid that way--close more sales, get more commissions.

I was willing to listen to their explanation of what the "concierge service" was, but after about twenty minutes of trying to explain it, I feel it basically boils down to what you said. They needed to hire more staff and passed some of that expense on to the "consumer". They were better off just calling it an administrative fee rather than trying to couch it as "Concierge" and making it seem that the purchaser/seller was really getting additional benefits/service from what they were believed they were getting originally.

Can they speed up the title company part with training and relationships? That’s where I felt my process was a bit sluggish.

Yeah I wonder that also. The title companies get overwhelmed at times. My estoppel was received more than a week before closing documents were prepared, and I really think docs only got prepared because I asked repeatedly. I'm sure they can't wait to get rid of me!

They had me set for a June 1 closing when the estoppel was received in late April. There was no way I was going to let that happen so I made it clear I was ready to sign.

I consider that 9 days between estoppel and docs received wasted time, but I don't work for a title company and I don't know how long it takes to gather up everything. I want them to be thorough and make sure the contract I purchased is not currently disputed, etc. My understanding also is it takes longer if you are financing. Monera has to do their part. So, I could see them speeding that up.

And to be fair, I'm on the ball (otherwise known as impatient). I got my closing docs on a Friday afternoon, funds were wired that day and documents were notarized. I missed the FedEx overnight cutoff by about an hour, otherwise docs would have been sent same day also.

And just for kicks, you can track your seller's closing docs by entering the reference number they put on your return label. :rotfl:

Yeah I wonder that also. The title companies get overwhelmed at times. My estoppel was received more than a week before closing documents were prepared, and I really think docs only got prepared because I asked repeatedly. I'm sure they can't wait to get rid of me!

They had me set for a June 1 closing when the estoppel was received in late April. There was no way I was going to let that happen so I made it clear I was ready to sign.

I consider that 9 days between estoppel and docs received wasted time, but I don't work for a title company and I don't know how long it takes to gather up everything. I want them to be thorough and make sure the contract I purchased is not currently disputed, etc. My understanding also is it takes longer if you are financing. Monera has to do their part. So, I could see them speeding that up.

And to be fair, I'm on the ball (otherwise known as impatient). I got my closing docs on a Friday afternoon, funds were wired that day and documents were notarized. I missed the FedEx overnight cutoff by about an hour, otherwise docs would have been sent same day also.

And just for kicks, you can track your seller's closing docs by entering the reference number they put on your return label. :rotfl:

You can speed up the title company with relationships and training, to an extent. Generally, you would need to 1) Find a reputable and good title company to work with 2) Offer them enough business and transactions to incentivize them to make sure your deals are treated as a priority and with as much diligence as possible 3) Even then there is only so much fat to be trimmed.

This is usually done by approaching the title company, telling them "Hey I have "x" amount of deals that I will send to you, but in return you have to make sure my files are handled as a priority". I am not talking about a title company charging a fee to expedite your file, as that's not what they were describing in their "concierge service".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter