DVC Guidebook Changes?

Granny

Yeah, I'm a guy
In the poll thread about rating the new DVC guidebook, some "omissions" seem to be happening compared to the previous (binder) guidebooks.

So far, the list includes:

1. Drusba was good enought to notice that there is no mention of pool hopping privileges for DVC members. The guidebook is the only place this privilege is spelled out. Is this ominous or am I just paranoid due to some other "fringe benefit" cutting by DVC?

2. CRobin points out that there is nothing about member - member transfers either.

I know the guidebooks are just now coming out (and many haven't received theirs), but if the guide book is the only indication of these perks, I'd sure like to know what else is "missing". :confused:

Has anyone else noticed any changes?

And I still have not found any mention of pool hopping in it.

As to the transfer of points, that is actually fully covered in other documents you get with a sale--believe it is in the multi-state disclosure document--and thus leaving it out of the guide has no potential effect (and that official disclosure document controls over anything in the guide). But the old guidebook is the only place pool hopping was previously put in writing. Though we existing owners still have those guidebooks, all future new owners will get no documentation that mentions pool hopping. Though it is not now being phased out, taking it out of any written material is a pretty good first step to being able to eliminate it later. One question you might ask: for new purchasers who are purchasing now, are the sales reps mentioning anything about pool hopping? If not, there may be a plan afoot to eliminate it sooner rather than later.

I don't think there was any mention of pool hopping in my original Member book (circa 1993). I'll take your word that it was in later editions.

Pool hopping was in our Member Guidebook (circa 1994) -- without any restrictions, except that you had to be staying at the Disney Vacation Club (as OKW was called back then) using DVC points.

I'm a new member through resale and just received my member guide book and also could not find anything about pool hopping. The only mention I can find is on the DVC member website which basically says it's OK with your ID unless the pool is at capacity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter