DVC Gold AP & address verification

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Have a family member who has a DVC Gold AP voucher who may not have a license with correct address upon arrival in a few weeks. Long story but lived with us at the time the Gold AP was purchased, moved away for six months and has returned but may not be able to get an address change to license in time as is traveling. In any case what do folks do in this case - he could show a passport, bring mail addressed to him at our address etc.Thoughts?

My DD and her BF just did this yesterday. They now live together…she is the DVC owner…and they brought bills to show they both live in the same place, which is not the address on their licenses.

Was not an issue at all, and he now is a DVC Sorcerer pass holder!

My DD and her BF just did this yesterday. They now live together…she is the DVC owner…and they brought bills to show they both live in the same place, which is not the address on their licenses.

Was not an issue at all, and he now is a DVC Sorcerer pass holder!

That’s a relief! I think the price differential is about $500 which would be a lot for him. I’m hoping to be there with him when he activates the pass but as I’ll be arriving a few days earlier it’s possible I’ll be elsewhere on property. I’ve also heard if he brings a copy of my DVC blue card and license that will also help.

I think the last time we activated AP‘s was back in 2018 and when we activated those at Disney Springs no one asked for any ID from any of us which was odd. But he’ll be activating at back of Epcot this time. Fingers crossed!

That’s a relief! I think the price differential is about $500 which would be a lot for him. I’m hoping to be there with him when he activates the pass but as I’ll be arriving a few days earlier it’s possible I’ll be elsewhere on property. I’ve also heard if he brings a copy of my DVC blue card and license that will also help.

I think the last time we activated AP‘s was back in 2018 and when we activated those at Disney Springs no one asked for any ID from any of us which was odd. But he’ll be activating at back of Epcot this time. Fingers crossed!

My DD was there to show her card, and her proof of the address so I don’t think about that aspect. He will definitely need your things if you are not with him.

Good luck!,

My in laws tried using passport and they would not accept that. They also need DVC member card and day license has to match that person's address. Maybe if they take mail addressed to them at DVC member's address and also screen shot of DVC member's card that will work. Worth a shot.

My in laws tried using passport and they would not accept that. They also need DVC member card and day license has to match that person's address. Maybe if they take mail addressed to them at DVC member's address and also screen shot of DVC member's card that will work. Worth a shot.
Passports don’t have addresses on them.

A bill is what worked yesterday for my DDs boyfriend as his bill showed the same address as the bill she brought with her name!

This. I'm not sure how many people actually look inside to see what's there and many would be surprised to find no address.

I had forgotten that. When I was young I think my there was a place for me to print my address but I haven’t looked at my passport in over 10 years (in that much detail 😊).

I’m really hoping to be able to be there when he activates. We’re staying at Boardwalk so back entrance of Epcot is easiest. However I’ll be at WDW already with my sister and she & I are supposed to do Magic Kingdom extra late hours that night. 😬Assuming his flight is on time my son should be arriving at BWV late afternoon so hopefully I can make it work! We’ll all be up and out early the next morning which is why we’re hoping to do it the night before.

Why did I think the the DVC passes were only available to immediate family?

Was that once the case?

Yes, family living with you in your household. This is for my son, but I believe others have also been able to include grandparents, in-laws etc (as long as they live at same address).

Why did I think the the DVC passes were only available to immediate family?

Was that once the case?

It is those living in your household, up to 8. I do think one time it did list, but I was told it became very difficult to offer proof of the relationship, so now as long as there is a legal address match to the owner, it’s all that is needed.

Similar to Disney no longer saying you have to br a FL resident, but provide proof of a FL residence..

Yes, family living with you in your household. This is for my son, but I believe others have also been able to include grandparents, in-laws etc (as long as they live at same address).
Right… it appears to be loosing up. Some here are getting their boyfriends/girlfriends passes if they have the same address.

It is those living in your household, up to 8. I do think one time it did list, but I was told it became very difficult to offer proof of the relationship, so now as long as there is a legal address match to the owner, it’s all that is needed.

Similar to Disney no longer saying you have to br a FL resident, but provide proof of a FL residence..
Okay, thanks. That makes sense.

Don't know where you live, but Pennsylvania, where I live, allows you to change your driver's license address online and provides a print-out showing you legally changed your address to carry with you until you can get a new license made. Your state may offer something similar.

Don't know where you live, but Pennsylvania, where I live, allows you to change your driver's license address online and provides a print-out showing you legally changed your address to carry with you until you can get a new license made. Your state may offer something similar.

Will have to have my DD check into that for NYS!

Our annual passes I bought activated on their own just by tapping at the entrance. We bought with the Florida resident financing deal sorcerer pass and I didn’t do the online real I’d verification on purpose because we had one day passes that were expiring we needed to use for our October 50th weekend trip and didn’t want our APs to be used until our upcoming November trip. Well I’m glad I checked the app while in MK because sure enough our APs were used instead of the one day passes without having to have them activated at guest services. I instead had to go to guest service to get the passes deactivated and turned back into certificates and the one day passes used. It took a while to get it all straightened out. The DVC ones may self-activate too upon entering a park with no address proof too so make sure you check to see the correct ticket was used if you are like me and have other no expiration tickets on your account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter