DVC direct Copper Creek

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
Hi all, just wanted your thoughts on purchasing at CC. We are planning a trip for October 2019 and we are in talks with a CM to purchase 75 pts and have our use year be Dec. we will then receive 2017 and 2018 to start which we can use for our October travel. Pts are $181 pp. Does this sound like a good scenario to begin our DVC ownership?

Do you want to have 11 month booking at CCV for the next 49 years?
Are you okay that for any trip of 5 or more guests you will need a 2BR?
Can you consistently plan 11 months in advance?
Do you regularly travel in fall? If yes, December is basically your worst use year possible.

If you regularly travel in October, a December use year is not ideal. A better use year for October travel would be September. The reason for this is that if you need to cancel your October trip at the last minute, your points would be past the banking deadline and you have to use them in the busiest time for DVC members. It would be unlikely that you would be able to secure a reservation on short notice and your points would be lost.

We’ve gone to the magic kingdom the last two times in January and February before hopping on a Disney cruise. We are planning October to use 2017 pts and a Halloween cruise.

We purchased CCV in August and received February U/Y 2018 and 2019 points. We had already planned a 2019 trip so we banked the 2018 points and booked a longer stay in May of 2019, pretty cool.

I got 70 CCV Aug UY in July and also got 2017, 2018 points. Used the 2017 elsewhere and still have the 18 and 19 to combine and book Dec 2019. We have other resorts/points too. So you'll probably end up adding to your initial 75.

When you get 2017 pts and 2018 pts Dec use year now, do you pay dues on those two sets of points?

When you get 2017 pts and 2018 pts Dec use year now, do you pay dues on those two sets of points?

Dues are paid per calendar year, not per UY. So you would pay pro-rated 2018 dues, just a bit more than a month now, and then you'll pay full dues in January 2019. 2017 points are almost free.

I didn’t think about use year at all when we first joined (2009). So, it is good you are thinking about it. We have March. I am really happy with that now. Most of our trips happen Jun-Oct.

We have our first Dec trip planned. I’ve never had to cancel a trip, but you can always get trip insurance for peace of mind.

We just added on at CCV! We’re looking forward to our first trip in Jun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter