DVC dining discount

As you log into MDE (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/). From the home page, hoover over MyDisneyExperience at the top right of the page. From the drop down click PROFILE. Then click on MEMBERSHIP AND PASSES. You'll see 3 selections to choose from. Choose ADD DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMBERSHIP. If you previously added a membership it will say ADD ANOTHER DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMEBERSHIP.
I mostly use my phone, have to log into the computer it sounds like. Thank you.

It's been my experience that table service restaurants are more likely to not ask to see the blue card than retail venues. Only twice has someone asked to see my id to check that it matched the blue card. Once was when activating an AP. The second was at a DS dining location that was offering a 40% off DVC promotion for lunch.

Note that I am not saying that table service restaurants and retail establishments don't ask for the card. Most of the time they do. But, I've had cases where they took my word that I was eligible for a DVC discount, or scanned my band and saw I was at BLT or BCV and just subtracted the discount without even asking. This was quite common five years ago, and I feel that Disney's training program has stepped up and made the practice relatively uncommon today.

Plan on carrying your blue card and your id. Despite the website saying you can print your own card and present that, don't believe it. If you don't have your physical card, the CM will more than likely accept you showing it to them on your phone (although I did have one CM reject that until their manager stepped in).

I am here now and at the Ale and Compass they asked for Blue Card and ID. At Trattoria de Forno they asked to see the blue card, but didn't ask for other ID. Curious to see how it will be at the venues in the parks.

Does anyone know what happens with dining you have to pay for at time of booking? I'm thinking specifically of Cinderella's Royal Table, which I paid for when I booked. Did I miss a place where I could have applied the DVC discount? Or should I ask about it at our meal (would they refund the discount?)?

Does anyone know what happens with dining you have to pay for at time of booking? I'm thinking specifically of Cinderella's Royal Table, which I paid for when I booked. Did I miss a place where I could have applied the DVC discount? Or should I ask about it at our meal (would they refund the discount?)?
I know when we ate at the Spirit of Aloha dinner at the Poly back in the olden days, I paid the full rate upfront, and then when I checked in for dinner, there was a CM I had to show my AP to and they gave me a refund for the discount.

We went to CRT just this past December for the 1st time and also our 1st trip using DVC. We got a credit on our credit card after showing our DVC blue card

I find that DVC discounts at restaurants change so quickly that everywhere I go to eat, I just pull out all my cards at the end of the meal (DVC, Disney Visa, and AP when I had it) and ask if I have anything that gives a discount.

I find that DVC discounts at restaurants change so quickly that everywhere I go to eat, I just pull out all my cards at the end of the meal (DVC, Disney Visa, and AP when I had it) and ask if I have anything that gives a discount.
Yep and when AAA used to provide a discount, that too. (Hint: Still try AAA at Disney Springs, sometimes it provides a better discount than anything else, especially Earl of Sandwich).

Admittedly a newbie question; however, we were resale only and this is our first trip with a blue card. Is one expected to ask about the discount at a table service location before ordering, or when you are ready for the check? Since I'm new to this, I've got no experience with the protocol on utilizing this discount. Thank you in advance for your answers and for not mocking me (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

Admittedly a newbie question; however, we were resale only and this is our first trip with a blue card. Is one expected to ask about the discount at a table service location before ordering, or when you are ready for the check? Since I'm new to this, I've got no experience with the protocol on utilizing this discount. Thank you in advance for your answers and for not mocking me (tongue firmly planted in cheek).

It's done when the server brings the check.

Steve

I've done it both ways. I used to wait for the check but then the waiter/waitress ends up making several trips. One to bring me the check, then to modify it, then to take my card for payment. So I started letting them know in advance that I'm a DVC member and the check comes with it modified which saves them a trip.

If I forget, I usually pull it out when we're nearing the end and leave it out for them to see.

Most servers, in my experience, begin interacting with you with "Hi, my name is ___________ and I'll be serving you today. Are you using the Disney Dining Plan today?". I use that as an opening to respond, "No, but we're annual passholders and DVC members.", thereby avoiding waiting until they present the check and I have to ask them to include the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter