DVC dining discount

mickeyshellbelle

Mouseketeer
Our March trip will be the first time we’re not using the dining plan so we never took advantage of the DVC dining discounts. Do you need to show ID and a member card? Just planning ahead what we’ll need to bring with us besides our magic bands!! Thanks!

Yes. They ask to see the blue membership card. I did notice last week they didn’t ask me to pull out my license with it, as in the past. However I always carry it with me because normally they require both.

Are you usually asked if you are a DVC member to get the discount or do you proactively need to tell them at the dining location? I know some waiters have asked me in the past but I see the discount is valid at several QS locations where I have never been questioned about possible discounts.

At any location, I ask if DVC discounts are accepted, not just dining locations. I've been happy to get discounts in Galaxy's Edge, Karamell Kuche etc and they do ask to see my blue card & once in a while, I'll need to show an ID with it. I'm bummed that the DVC website no longer offers a printable list of DVC discounts. I've printed the allears discount list but it hasn't been updated past 2019. I plan to ask everywhere if they give ANY discounts that I'm qualified to receive.

It's been my experience that table service restaurants are more likely to not ask to see the blue card than retail venues. Only twice has someone asked to see my id to check that it matched the blue card. Once was when activating an AP. The second was at a DS dining location that was offering a 40% off DVC promotion for lunch.

Note that I am not saying that table service restaurants and retail establishments don't ask for the card. Most of the time they do. But, I've had cases where they took my word that I was eligible for a DVC discount, or scanned my band and saw I was at BLT or BCV and just subtracted the discount without even asking. This was quite common five years ago, and I feel that Disney's training program has stepped up and made the practice relatively uncommon today.

Plan on carrying your blue card and your id. Despite the website saying you can print your own card and present that, don't believe it. If you don't have your physical card, the CM will more than likely accept you showing it to them on your phone (although I did have one CM reject that until their manager stepped in).

Are you usually asked if you are a DVC member to get the discount or do you proactively need to tell them at the dining location? I know some waiters have asked me in the past but I see the discount is valid at several QS locations where I have never been questioned about possible discounts.

The only thing I was ever asked was if I was on the dining plan when that was in play. Other than that, I always let them know I am AP and DVC...and when I had TIW, told them that.

I have always had to show the card...and most time ID too. Everywhere else I ask if there are any discounts, It is how I found out last year that we now get 20% off at Joffrey stands in the parks as long as the drink doesn’t include alcohol.

Personally I just have kept the digital card up in my chrome browser. It asks to relogin every once and a while but it's a snap to show it then.

My wife carries the physical card and I saved the digital pdf on my phone as backups.

Just show it when stating I have it automatically.

Curious, How do you link DVC to MDE? I don't think I've seen that option on the MDE app. Thanks
On the MDE website, it’s under My Profile --> Memberships and Passes. If it isn’t already there, there’s a link to add it.

On the MDE website, it’s under My Profile --> Memberships and Passes. If it isn’t already there, there’s a link to add it.
Thanks CarolynFH, I think I got it now. Although the Id number that shows up on MDE now, doesn't match my DVC ID number, Is this normal?

Thanks CarolynFH, I think I got it now. Although the Id number that shows up on MDE now, doesn't match my DVC ID number, Is this normal?
Umm, you made me open up both websites and look! It looks like MDE has the Club ID number, that’s different from both the contract number and my member number. I’ve had my MDE account since Disney created them, so I have no memory of what I had to do to link them. But I guess that it is normal for MDE to have a different number from your member card!

Umm, you made me open up both websites and look! It looks like MDE has the Club ID number, that’s different from both the contract number and my member number. I’ve had my MDE account since Disney created them, so I have no memory of what I had to do to link them. But I guess that it is normal for MDE to have a different number from your member card!
I did find that kind of odd. But if it's been working for you for some time now, I'm not going to worry about it, thanks

Yes the only times I have ever used the club ID were immediately after closing to set up access to the DVC website, and to link the membership in MDE. We have only mobile ordered once and I didn’t look to see if we had a discount applied if applicable.

Do you add it under link tickets and passes?
As you log into MDE (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/). From the home page, hoover over MyDisneyExperience at the top right of the page. From the drop down click PROFILE. Then click on MEMBERSHIP AND PASSES. You'll see 3 selections to choose from. Choose ADD DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMBERSHIP. If you previously added a membership it will say ADD ANOTHER DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMEBERSHIP.

Personally I just have kept the digital card up in my chrome browser. It asks to relogin every once and a while but it's a snap to show it then.

My wife carries the physical card and I saved the digital pdf on my phone as backups.

Just show it when stating I have it automatically.

I did basically the same thing, took a screenshot on my phone for easy/quick access.

But the last time I went most took my word for it. I'd let them know I was DVC member, politely asked them if they could apply the discount and then asked if they needed to see our membership cards. Most said it wasn't necessary. Maybe I didn't eat enough for it to matter

We always bring both ID and member card into the parks, and often are asked to show both at stores,a and sometimes at meals. I'd rather have them and be prepared. We have APs too though, so when I'm checking out or at any restaurant, I pull out both cards and ask if there are any discounts. Some as for Id, some do not

I've only had to show my blue card for the discount, no one ever asked me for another ID. I keep my license handy next to it though just in case.
One time, I accidentally showed the police my blue card instead of my driver's license when I got pulled over in Connecticut. He was not impressed: "Okay...that's nice... now show me your LICENSE and REGISTRATION mouse boy"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter