DVC Car rental discounts

JPS439

Mouseketeer
FYI- Member services no longer books car rentals at a discount for members.
Don't know when they discontinues this practice- but I they did it for me in March, but not no mo....

Hmmm... I was told by MS (when I made a ressie on Monday, 5-5) that they no longer did airfare but still did car rentals and that I could call back anytime to do it and get my DVC discount.

Further, I was told I could use the ME from the airport and could pick my car up at Alamo after I arrived at the resort.

I know Disney still does airfare and cars for regular guests ( I did EVERYTHING through booking for my trip in April for a rack stay). Are we starting to LOSE ground as DVC'ers? I hope not. I just joined last month. I Really thought I'd have more perks as a member. I'm really starting to wonder. :(

Interesting- I know there used to be an option on the member services voicemail for car rental assistance which is no longer there. Perhaps the discount is still available on property but not before hand.
Time to shoot them an email asking for clarification- I'll let you know what I found out (in 3 days)

My discount (in the past) has always been though regular booking and because of my AP.

If this is becoming an issue, can I still call the "regular" number like I always did and tell them I'm DVC and already have a reservation and still get them to do "everything else" for me or do they have to do the room to tie everything together?

This seems ridiculous. We're actually getting LESS benefits than "regular" guests. Guess they're already got our money/commitment.

It's all my fault, folks. If I hadn't joined, none of this would have happened to ya'll. LOL

I contacted member services a week ago about DVC discount codes for rental cars. The gal I talked to had to do some digging in her files and she gave me codes to use for Alamo, and National. Another place to check for discount codes is on the mousesaver.com site under rental cars. They often have many different codes that are availble to be used by the general public, such as master card or visa card holder discount codes.:dance3:

I contacted member services a week ago about DVC discount codes for rental cars. The gal I talked to had to do some digging in her files and she gave me codes to use for Alamo, and National. Another place to check for discount codes is on the mousesaver.com site under rental cars. They often have many different codes that are availble to be used by the general public, such as master card or visa card holder discount codes.:dance3:

Due respect but what I want to do is call Disney Travel and say "Fix it" like I always have. Anything less is unacceptable to me.

This is what I have done for years as a rack customer and I shouldn't have to expect anything less now that I'm committed for thousands of dollars for tens of years.

I'm well aware that I could round it all up myself. I did this for a few years only to discover (quite by accident during one booking) that Disney could do it all for me and that they get fairly deep discounts with the carriers and rental places. I never did it again myself after that. Like I said, "Here's my card number. Those prices sound good. Sign me up."

I just don't see why I should expect less with a greater commitment. Color me stupid, I guess. I'm dumb enough to think I Was actually getting more. That's the bill of goods I was peddled anyway.

Here's what I got back from MS. I blanked out the actual codes though

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

Members can receive up to 10% discount on their car rental. If either
company is running a promotion to the general population, the Member
discount will be applied to that rate and the discount will appear as a
separate line item. If there is no promotional rate for the general
population, the Member discount will automatically be applied.

Members can contact National Car Rental by calling the Tour Desk at
800-328-7945 or visiting their website at www.nationalcar.com. The
promotional code for National Car Rental is XXXXXX. This code should be
entered in the "Contract ID" field.

Members can contact Alamo Car Rental by calling the Tour Desk at
800-662-2725 or visiting their website at www.alamo.com. The promotional
code for Alamo is XXXXX. This code should be entered in the "Corporate
ID" field. Members should note that they should not enter their DVC
Member ID number in the "Membership ID" field.

Hope you have a Magical Day.

Best Regards,

Jamie
Member Services

So the discount is still there, we just have to do it ourselves, eh-whatever

Due respect but what I want to do is call Disney Travel and say "Fix it" like I always have. Anything less is unacceptable to me.

This is what I have done for years as a rack customer and I shouldn't have to expect anything less now that I'm committed for thousands of dollars for tens of years.

I'm well aware that I could round it all up myself. I did this for a few years only to discover (quite by accident during one booking) that Disney could do it all for me and that they get fairly deep discounts with the carriers and rental places. I never did it again myself after that. Like I said, "Here's my card number. Those prices sound good. Sign me up."

I just don't see why I should expect less with a greater commitment. Color me stupid, I guess. I'm dumb enough to think I Was actually getting more. That's the bill of goods I was peddled anyway.
Check out the better discounts that you can get on your own for 5 minutes of time booking your auto reservation. You may change your tune! I just rebooked 4 of my car rentals last night using codes from National that I found on our Transporation board here at the DIS. REALLY cheap, AND they include the insurance that I normally turn down when I book. Try it, you'll like it.

Here's what I got back from MS. I blanked out the actual codes though

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Member Services.

Members can receive up to 10% discount on their car rental. If either
company is running a promotion to the general population, the Member
discount will be applied to that rate and the discount will appear as a
separate line item. If there is no promotional rate for the general
population, the Member discount will automatically be applied.

Members can contact National Car Rental by calling the Tour Desk at
800-328-7945 or visiting their website at www.nationalcar.com. The
promotional code for National Car Rental is XXXXXX. This code should be
entered in the "Contract ID" field.

Members can contact Alamo Car Rental by calling the Tour Desk at
800-662-2725 or visiting their website at www.alamo.com. The promotional
code for Alamo is XXXXX. This code should be entered in the "Corporate
ID" field. Members should note that they should not enter their DVC
Member ID number in the "Membership ID" field.

Hope you have a Magical Day.

Best Regards,

Jamie
Member Services

So the discount is still there, we just have to do it ourselves, eh-whatever

10% discount isn't worth it. Go to the DIS Transporation board and look for the thread on discounts from National. Trust me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter