DVC called and emailed to discuss a "special offer"

EM Lawrence

DIS Veteran
We are checking in this week to a DVC stay, and I've now had a phone call and an email reaching out to invite me to discuss a special offer to add on to my membership. This has never happened before. Does anyone have details of what this special offer is?

We are checking in this week to a DVC stay, and I've now had a phone call and an email reaching out to invite me to discuss a special offer to add on to my membership. This has never happened before. Does anyone have details of what this special offer is?
Got the same phone call. Called yesterday (Friday) we are staying starting Sunday. I was busy so didn’t get details and just told me to call back if I was interested

Probably some additional incentive if you add on while on property…. similar to the cruise ships….

For what it’s worth I actually took one of those phone calls by accident a few months ago— hoping it was a guide offering me VGC. The special offer was literally the same things we share here on the Purchasing DVC boards, including the discount for upcoming stays (and I had an upcoming stay, which is why they were calling).

I have seen better (allegedly exclusive) flash sales on DCL cruises… though to be honest what I thought was an exclusive AKV flash sale ended up being available to others as well I think? We had recently bought way more points than my husband wanted so I didn’t press on details too closely.

Probably worth the time to inquire, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up too high.

including the discount for upcoming stays
I have heard of this before but have never seen any exact information. It's an extra discount that you get if you are staying on property or have another upcoming trip on the books already? I've seen signs for an additional discount while on site, but I haven't seen anything about the upcoming stay discount.

What is the upcoming stay discount exactly? Are they still doing this sort of discount today? And does it stack with all the other discounts? We do have stays booked already.

I have heard of this before but have never seen any exact information. It's an extra discount that you get if you are staying on property or have another upcoming trip on the books already? I've seen signs for an additional discount while on site, but I haven't seen anything about the upcoming stay discount.

What is the upcoming stay discount exactly? Are they still doing this sort of discount today? And does it stack with all the other discounts? We do have stays booked already.
I haven't thought about buying direct anywhere other than VGC (where there are never available promotions) since last year, but I believe it was called the "Welcome Home Bonus" and it stacked with other incentives but you had to have an upcoming trip booked within the next several months. You did not need to be on site to book but you needed to have an upcoming reservation number. Hopefully someone else can address the rest of your questions.

What’s funny is you just have to have a DVC stay booked when you add on to qualify.

You could probably book a 2 night trip, purchase with welcome home and then modify to actual dates you are going to use once you get your points.

We used the welcome home offer but we had an actual trip planned on PVB points we already owned.

What’s funny is you just have to have a DVC stay booked when you add on to qualify.

You could probably book a 2 night trip, purchase with welcome home and then modify to actual dates you are going to use once you get your points.

We used the welcome home offer but we had an actual trip planned on PVB points we already owned.
Yep, even if you didn't plan on traveling at all/planned on banking points from a current contract, all you would need to do is book something a long way out, finish the paperwork, and cancel the trip.

facebook twitter