DVC AP Discount

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
When we called DVC regarding a reservation the rep told us not to buy our passes yet because APs go one sale once a year to DVC members. Does anyone know when that is?

Interesting. It's possible that DVC has something special in mind that's coming soon, but APs DO NOT go on sale once a year. They certainly have NOT in my experience. In fact, there's usually been a yearly INCREASE in AP prices. I'm actually expecting any deals on APs due to the opening of SWGE. We'll see, I guess.

FWIW, keep your 60 day mark to make FP+ reservations in mind and buy your passes in time to do that. Otherwise, unless you think the price is going up soon or if you need to buy several APS and want to spread the purchases out over several months, there's really no need/advantage to buying them too early.

Last edited:
Interesting. It's possible that DVC has something special in mind that's coming soon, but APs DO NOT go on sale once a year. They certainly have NOT in my experience. In fact, there's usually been a yearly INCREASE in AP prices. I'm actually expecting any deals on APs due to the opening of SWGE. We'll see, I guess.

FWIW, keep your 60 day mark to make FP+ reservations in mind and buy your passes in time to do that. Otherwise, unless you think the price is going up soon or if you need to buy several APS and want to spread the purchases out over several months, there's really no need/advantage to buying them too early.

I was surprised when I heard that as well. I'm not sure if she meant tickets get discounted once a year and they're cheaper than the gold pass or what. I'm alright I just need to renew mine but we wanted to get them for my sister's family when we go down in December. Maybe I'll just buy them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you buy your annual pass, you can buy it 60 days or more out (so you can select fastpasses) but when does the clock start on the annual pass? When you buy it or on the first day you use it at a park?

Agree with @CarolMN that this is not a regular thing. We've been DVC members since 1995, and AP holders many years before that even. I can only recall one AP "sale" and that was the 13 month deal a few years ago. DVC members have always gotten a discounted AP rate which is usually the same as the FL resident rate.

I am curious about this...I wonder if DVC is only going to allow a limited number of DVC APs going forward?

Agree with @CarolMN that this is not a regular thing. We've been DVC members since 1995, and AP holders many years before that even. I can only recall one AP "sale" and that was the 13 month deal a few years ago. DVC members have always gotten a discounted AP rate which is usually the same as the FL resident rate.

They also offered the Platinum AP for the cost of a discounted Gold DVC AP.

I was surprised when I heard that as well. I'm not sure if she meant tickets get discounted once a year and they're cheaper than the gold pass or what. I'm alright I just need to renew mine but we wanted to get them for my sister's family when we go down in December. Maybe I'll just buy them now.
Is your sister on the deed? Does she live with you? If not they aren't eligable for the DVC annual passes.

I am curious about this...I wonder if DVC is only going to allow a limited number of DVC APs going forward?
I don't see how they could do this. If they offer a member benefit, wouldn't it apply to all members? If it were limited time, how would they handle the fact that current DVC AP holders would have varying expiration/renewal dates?

I don't see how they could do this. If they offer a member benefit, wouldn't it apply to all members? If it were limited time, how would they handle the fact that current DVC AP holders would have varying expiration/renewal dates?
Very good point. I was just comparing it to discounts on events that are offered for a limited number of tickets...for example the dessert fireworks show only has a limited number of tickets available (not necessarily DVC discounted only) or even DVC resort rooms - offer a limited number. idk...just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter