• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC AP discount and upgrading existing tickets

bluenosemickey

Canadian in search of sun
If I have one day passes, I can't renew my APs with the DVC discount can I? I have to upgrade the one days to the AP at the DVC rate don't I?

In other words:
I know I have upgraded an exitsting ticket to an AP and gotten the discounted DVC price. I just don't know if I can somehow apply a one day pass to the cost of renewal of an existing AP.

I can't figure any way to do it. It will be more of a saving to just let the existing passes expire and then upgrade the one day tics to the AP at the DVC rate when the time comes.

If any one knows otherwise, I would appreciate the hint. :thumbsup2

I have used one day tickets purchased for free dining to lower the price of the AP DVC purchase. I just gave Guest Services the ticket and they deducted the value of it from the DVC AP price.

Is that your question?

I'm totally confused by your question!

We upgraded tickets last year to DVC-discounted APs, and plan on doing the same this summer when we renew our APs (using tix from the 4/3 deal).

Depending on when your AP expires you may want to just get new APs using the one day ticket credit. My AP expired in Sept and our next trip wasn't until April so I waited until then to buy a new pass and ended up with an extra few months to use it.

I think the OP would like to use an unused 1 day MYW ticket as a credit towards the cost of a renewal of a DVC annual pass.

AFAIK, this can be done at Guest Services.

Unless the 1 day MYW ticket is complimentary (should say so on the back of the ticket if it is), there shouldn't be a problem just because you are renewing rather than buying a new pass.

Kind of off topic..sorry...I am jsut checking on my thinking...my current AP expire on March 23rd and we will not be visiting until April 10..I am thinking that I can just renew my pass in April when I get there. Correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter