dvc and resorts

Momto3cuties

Mouseketeer
new to this...question for you vets -

I have been researching and it seems that renting from a DVC member would be way cheaper than booking a deluxe resort. Am I missing something? The prices were BIG differences.

I have been researching and it seems that renting from a DVC member would be way cheaper than booking a deluxe resort. Am I missing something? The prices were BIG differences.

:lmao: No you're not missing any thing. Renting from a dvc member is often a great way to get deluxe lodging at cheaper prices.

Please, go to the dvc forum and read up on it. The most basic thing you should keep in mind is that this is a transaction based on trust. When you get right down to it you are renting from a private person who owns the points. Disney does not get involved.

I rented twice before I owned, both times very wonderful experience and since I've been on the boards I've never heard of any dissatisfied renters.

Do your home work on it first. Ask lots of questions.

We rent points every year and have had a wonderful experience with it. Most of the time it is way cheaper than booking through Disney. We always go in July and the prices are higher but so are the points. We have been lucky enough to stay at BWL with a boardwalk view(loved it), OKW, and a 2 bedroom at BCV which we all fell in love with. It is awesome!
This year with the discounts that Disney is offering for the summer we were able to book through Disney cheaper. We have booked BLT 1 bedroom lakeview for around $2550. If we rented points for the same time it would have been 297 points so at $10 a point it would have= $2970. This time Disney worked better for us. The weekend days kills it through DVC.
But we would always rent if it worked out better financially.

It's true, you can save a lot of money be renting from a DVC member. :) Go to the DVC Rent/Trade board and read the stickies at the top to be sure you understand the differences between renting from a member and making a resort reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter