DVC and Deluxe Plan?

boardwalkgal

Earning My Ears
We have been considering buying into the DVC since we visit WDW every year. We prefer the Boardwalk (obviously) and since we now have a 16 month old son it makes more sense to stay in a villa with a kitchen available. However, we have always traveled on either the Deluxe, Grand (okay, just once), or Discovery Magic plans because we like the all-inclusive benefits. Can you do both? Have the DVC and a plan included too, or does that create extra unnecessary cost or seem redundant? Does anyone else do this?

Also, since I'm a newbie to this board ~ I tried to check out the FAQ and it was blacked out on my browser. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Last but not least: how easy is it to get financing on your entire DVC package through Disney? What about prior credit problems? TIA!

Boardwalkgal
(Diana, aka PP, aka Princess Piglet but alas, my name was taken here)

I am not sure about the plans , however, as far as financing, you can finance 80% with Disney. Typically you have to have 20% to put down but they may have some incentive to lower that a bit. Also, the current rate of financing is 11.95 so you may want to look at home equity or something like that to get a lower rate if that is what you are looking for.

You can buy the Unlimited Magic Pass with a 10% discount as a DVC member. This is the pass that is included in the resort plans. As far as the other components such as dining & "magic wishes" those are not available to members since the main part of those packages is the room.

It is fairly easy to get financing through Disney. They have one rate at 20% down but will do a somewhat higher rate at 10%. Also, with usual incentives under which Disney contributes to a part of your down payment, your actual cash outlay can be even less than those oercentages. Note that you cannot buy Boardwalk through Disney as it is sold out. It is available only through resale. Two resale brokers often mentioned on this board are at dvc-resales.com and atimeshare.com. The only WDW resort currently available to new purchasers at this time is Beach Club Villas which can be purchased now but does not open until August.

None of those Disney package plans are available with DVC. You buy tickets separately. You do get 10% off the length of stay pass (which you had in those packages) with DVC and unlike a package, they will let you leave off day of arrival or departure from that pass (and thus you spend less than the charge included in those packages). There are no discounts on hoppers or AP's through DVC. One thing to be aware of is that those packages that you bought were never intended to be discount packages. They are merely convenience packages and their price was determined by adding up the regular prices of all the incremental parts; and most often some of those incremental parts go unused by the purchaser. As many have discovered, if you buy everything separately, you end up spending less than if you bought the package.

Cannot help on the FAQ problem you are having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter