Dumped before Disney

Dfulton13

Earning My Ears
I'm 70 days away from checking into OKW magic bands ship soon. My boyfriend decides we need to see other people. So I'm stuck with this trip to Florida , since the reservation was in my name. I've paid for the entire trip alone as well, he thinks he should be allowed to join me still on the trip. I'm not sure what to do? Should I let him since it was our plan? Should I go and brag every second of it on Facebook about how awesome it is. We both love WDW. Not sure how to proceed from here. It's my trip but should he be allowed to join me?

Only you can decide what is best for your relationship but if it were me.......... Heck no!!!! Why should he be allowed to have the best of both worlds?? Especially if he hasn't paid for any of it!

Is there a friend that could go with you in his place?

I agree, go have fun without him. But if you really can't let go that easily(and I know it's hard!!!) Then he should at least pay you back his half and go as friends, as tough as that is!!

Do not take him with you. We should see other people is code talk for there is someone he is either already seeing or planning on seeing. (it's so hard to hear, I know, but it's better you know what you're dealing with than not.) Take a dear friend with you and have as much fun as you can.

Don't take him with you on a promise he will pay you back. He won't pay you back, you'll be playing the "pick me" dance the whole trip, and you won't be able to move on with him right in your face all the time.

Try to have a great time. In spite of him.

Don't even think of taking him. He clearly has other things going on that are not in your best interest. If you aren't already, I suggest you take a complete break from each other rather than "letting" him pursue other people while your relationship is still going on. A clean break is usually better than something that drags you through the mud for weeks or months.

If there is a way to cancel or postpone the trip without losing a lot of money, consider doing that. If not, find a friend who can go with you or perhaps take your sister and enjoy the trip. Give yourself some time and space to clear your head. Disney has a way of helping you get away from reality, at least for a little while.

Reactions: ajc
I agree, go have fun without him. But if you really can't let go that easily(and I know it's hard!!!) Then he should at least pay you back his half and go as friends, as tough as that is!!
that sounds creepy and ruins the trip for you!

You need to enjoy the Flower and Garden festival and the great Florida sunshine (and rain). If you can go with friend or family do so; if not, enjoy the happiest place on earth and spend time chatting up people at the bars and rides. at the very least take a good read with you at the pool and get some vitamin D (suntan style). Make a clean break & do NOT take a sponge to drain you (aka ex-boyfriend).

If he dumped you, he forfeits his rights to any trips you had planned for which he did not pay. Glad he likely won't be joining you. If he wants to go that bad, he can pay for his own trip to WDW.

I saw your update wasn't a definitive. You paid for this trip and he dumped you. Do not take him on this trip. Call Disney and modify it down to just you for the room and tickets and then use it as a way to focus on yourself and move on from the breakup. He does not get to come as he didn't pay. If he wants to go that bad tell him to plan his own trip. Heck even contact the airline and cancel the flight. If you spent enough on the tickets you may still get a little back even with the cancellation fees.

I agree with everyone else upthread - do not take him on this vacation. It's in your name and you paid - it's your trip. Why should he get to have his cake and eat it to with a side of free vacation???

Go.. alone or with a friend. Trust me, I know all to well about the "Let's see other people" thing and since it wasn't what you wanted in the first place, you can only be more hurt in the end! Go enjoy the magic of Disney.

Of course he wants his free vacation. :sad2: I'd go alone. I took a solo trip once and it was the best vacation I've ever had. I agree with the other person about "seeing other people" being code for "I already am".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!