*drumroll* we finally decided-TA DA!

disneykindofgal

Earning My Ears
:bounce: Okay, now I'm truly bouncing off the walls with excitement waiting for hubby to get home from work so we can book our reservations for the POLYNESIAN RESORT. I'm so excited! From all the great responses here and all the great reviews the Polynesian got-we are convinced and we loved that one from the get go just so many to choose from. I LOVE the hawaiian/polynesian theme! With transportation being excellent and the whole ambience of the resort-we are READY 2 GO IN NEXT MONTH! Can you request a certain area to stay at the resort? Which is the best area to stay? Also, has anyone made their reservations via online on www.disney.com ? and if so, did it turn out okay or did you speak directly to the disney resort? Well if hubby would only get home now I could book and be done and just wait for the trip to get here. Oh and BTW: how do you get all those neat pics and counters on your posts? THANKS A BUNCH!princess:

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo HERE WE COME 7/2004

Make your reservations via the phone and ask for the code discount! That option isn't available for online booking. (it is posted on mousesavers). You could also use dreamsunlimitedtravel.com They sponsor these boards and many have had great service with them (I have too!) So glad you made a decision that you are not only happy with, but jumping with joy over! We'll be at the Poly in mid/late July for the first time and are also excited!

Debbie

Whoo Hoo! Great choice! It'll be really nice to be at a monorail resort :)

I'll refer you again to tikiman's website for lots of info about the Poly http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

I'm sure lots of people can help you with requests. We stayed in Fiji, on the third floor, looking over the marina. We could look directly across into Ohana's. It was a very short walk to the main building and monorail. I liked the room location a lot, the only thing was if anyone wants to sleep during the day - the marina can be a little noisy. Your kids are old enough they probably won't be napping in the afternoon though.

Of course first you'll have to decide on what kind of room you're going to book (as far as garden or lagoon view etc), then think about what you want to request.

If you plan on doing any sit down dining, call for priority seating times as soon as possible.

Are you going to split your stay with a Universal hotel? We have done that.

Yep, you're going to have to call Disney to book that code. You can't do it on Disney.com. Here's a #: 1-800-421-3732, just tell them you want a room only reservation with that code. It will have to be available - they only release so many rooms at that price. I haven't used Dreams Unlimited but have heard good things - if you want to let them handle it.

Good luck and have a great, MAGICAL time!

We stayed at Poly a couple of trips ago and found it to be a lovely resort. We now prefer the Epcot area but I have nothing bad to say about the Poly. Our children were little and we spend tons of time at the pool and MK so it was perfect.

:sunny:

GREAT CHOICE!! Have fun! And while you are there be sure to do the Mickey breakfast at O'Hana and eat lunch or dinner (so you can have dessert!) at Kona Cafe. And just a comment on the Luau (Sorry -- I mean the "Spirit of Aloha" dinner show): I had remembered going to it when I was a kid, back when it was still called the luau, and I had really enjoyed it so I very much wanted to take our kids. But I had read a mix of reviews on the new show and I was leary about it at first. Well during this last trip we did decide to go and it was Great! Our kids totallly enjoyed all the dancers and music (even if the story was a little hooky) and the food was very good. Because of the family style way it is served, the kids were able to try some of everything even though they also got the "boxed kids meal". If you are going to be at the Poly I would recommend going to the "luau". And I don't know how far ahead you are planning but go ahead and make reserv. as soon as you can because they do seat you in order of when your reservation is made ( we had made ours about 1yr in advance and we were in the very front just a little to the left of center). Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by #1hockeymom
Make your reservations via the phone and ask for the code discount! That option isn't available for online booking. (it is posted on mousesavers).
Debbie

I won't argue that booking on the phone is better, I like to talk to a real person, but the code option is available online. Go to the wdw site, click on "tickets and reservations" then click special offers in the upper left hand corner.

Have a GREAT time Disneykindofgal

princess: Shelly

Originally posted by #1hockeymom
Make your reservations via the phone and ask for the code discount! That option isn't available for online booking. (it is posted on mousesavers). You could also use dreamsunlimitedtravel.com They sponsor these boards and many have had great service with them (I have too!)
Debbie

I agree with Debbie, Hockey Mom, use Dreams Unlimited Travel. When I called directly, I was told the suite we wanted was only available on the smoking floor. I went through Dreams Unlimited, I got it non-smoking for the same price.

Congratulations!

You will love the POLY! ::yes::

Have fun!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Am I missing something?

When I go to disneyworld.com, tickets and reservations, special offers, then Splash into Savings in July, it says:

"Call (407) 939-7743† or your Travel Agent and ask for code XOA.
Hurry and book by 6/28/04. "

Even though the offer appears there - there is no "book now" link on the page (or at least I don't see it) as there has been with some other offers. As far as I can tell you HAVE to call Disney or use a TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter