Driving Directions WDW to Vero

Beach_Bound9

Mouseketeer
It seems to me there is a road from WDW that goes to the Florida turnpike that is a great one to take that bypasses orlando when heading down to Vero. I can't remember what that road is. Anyone have great directions to Vero using that faster road?

I'm wondering if it is:
Route 536 World Center Drive to Route 535 to Osceola Parkway
Then at Osceola Parkway get onto florida turnpike
Take turnpike to Route 60 exit and follow 60 to route 512. Take it to route 1 to 510 across the bridge and then A1A for a few feet to vero.

I would love to know a shorter route to Vero from WDW!! Anyone know? We will be doing this in June so I would like to know the driving directions too!

The quick way that I know is to take 417(east) to the bee line(528) to interstate 95 down to Fellmere Rd to route 510 which take you disneys vero beach

We had the printed directions that came at the bottom of the confirmtion. After telling the girl who checked us in, she told us not to use those directions and whipped out a map and a highlighter. Maybe they all have these at the desk....it was a very easy direct drive.

Kim

This is good news for me, too. We are going in July to WDW then Vero. Thanks for the help!

We did a different route - from Vero to WDW...

We went up the coast on 1 to see what was north of the resort, it was very senic but could have used 95 for speed. At Melbourne we went on route 192. The distance from 1 to 95 on 192 was stop and go. 192 from 95 to St. Cloud was a fairly fast pretty road that they are turning into a 4 lane (we had no slow downs for construction). Going though St. Cloud was slow but hopping on 523 will avoid Kissimmee which should be avoided at all cost!

I don't know this is a better route(qualify that as you will), but we like to take a different path once in a while.

I don't know what the quicker route to 95 is - BUT once you exit 95 bypass the rt to A1A - you can turn right onto 512 I think - way before you get to A1A and it takes at least 20 minutes less than the DVC directions. I did it by mistake the first time - got there and took there directions back and couldn't believe how much longer it took.

We've also taken A1A all the way up to cocoa beach, but have found that from about Melbourne to Cocoa there is too much traffice and stop and go to make in enjoyable. However, the Vero Resort to Melbourne was very nice, and then over to I-95 ws OK. I95 then allowed you to make some time.

I've come down the Florida turnpike and then over, but it is some lonely road. I guess I'm looking for the fastest way from WDW to the turnpike.

Perhaps beeline to I-95 to Sabastian Exit is the cleanest all highway route. It requires you to go through Orlando with isn't always easy. Getting off at the Sabastian exit instead of going to the Vero exit certainly makes sense.

Thanks for the input on this. I'll be taking the route along with another car of family, so the easiest and cleanest may be the best.

Yes, do not get off at the Vero exit! My DH missed the Sabastian exit, even though I was saying "turn, turn, TURN!". Huh? So we went into down to Vero and back up route 1. It wasted a lot of time! :sad2: But we got to see what was south of the Resort. I was a little surprised how far north the resort was from Vero Beach. I guess I did say we liked taking a different path!

BeachBound -

I used that exact route you posted, except in reverse, to get from VB to WDW last week.

It worked verrrry well and had little traffic, except for 512 in the immediate vicinity of VB.

It took us much less than 2 hours, maybe about 1+30 to 1+45, and that was on cruise control to keep the gas gulping Expedition to a reasonable mpg.

Be advised though it is NOT an exciting drive. South central Florida is, well, flat & boring.

& the toll from the Osceola Parkway to Yeehaw Junction (where 512 intersects the turnpike is $4.80)

OK, I must be brain dead today LOL!!! Maybe it's lack of sleep but I don't get it!! :rotfl:

I need idiot proof directions! Can someone just give me step by step directions for a NY'er who doesn't know what the "beeline" is??!! I want something quicker than the directions on my ressie from WDW.
Thanks!

Disney's Vero Beach Resort is in Wabasso on the corner as so as you drive over the 510 bridge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter