driving and safety?

poohbear2

<font color=CC66CC>Disney Think Formula is:<br>HE=
I am thinking of driving to WDW this summer. Does anyone ever have concerns of the safety of women driving alone? Does this sound "old fashion"? I never really thought about it, but my mom is a bit concerned. Any thoughts?

i never really thought of it either. but that being said my boyfriend will not DS and I go if we dont fly. he says that being a female with a child i am an easier target. i know you wont have a child with you but being a female and the "weaker sex" you are more vunerable. you are an easier target by being alone. now if you were travelling with a group of friends i would say you were pretty safe. you know, there is safety in numbers. i travel alone alot. well just DS and I. if you decide to drive down by yourself take extra precautions. make sure you have a cell phone just in case you break down. do not stop at rest areas. and only stop for gas and food while it is still day light out. make sure that when you do stop there are plenty of people around. if you do these things something is less likely to happen. or at least i like to think so.

can you tell i watch too many of those unsolved mysteries and americas most wanted shows?

Learn basic car maintenance and checking procedures (oil, tire pressure, etc.) and do not let gas station attendants under the hood.

Too many horror stories of gas station attendants damaging your car such as cutting fan belts or putting Alka Seltzer in the battery.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

And, if you are stopped by the police, do NOT leave the car and ask for ID before you open that window.

And.....I don't think you are old fashioned in the least, I think you are smart to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter