Dress code relaxed for adult restaurants

As long as the food tastes good and someone isn't wearing something overly offensive, I don't really care what people wear around me while we all eat. I'm focused on the people at my table and enjoying their company vs. what they are wearing. To me, for the most part, dress codes feel dated and classist.

As long as the food tastes good and someone isn't wearing something overly offensive, I don't really care what people wear around me while we all eat. I'm focused on the people at my table and enjoying their company vs. what they are wearing. To me, for the most part, dress codes feel dated and classist.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Love this move!

Is this for all ships or just Wish? I have read conflicting info. It doesn't really affect what I will pack for our cruise though. It's nice to dress up on occasion.

Honest question. Why do people even need to dress up for "fancy" food? Personally I hate dressing up I don't own a dress or a nice pair of slacks. Dress nice = belong in this rich place still a thing?

I agree with the poster above.. I don't care what people are wearing as long as they aren't naked. The money is for the food not the entertainment of watching other people... and care what they look like.

Bummer. It would be awful if the standards at the adult restaurants lowered to those of the MDRs and ruined the ambiance of those elegant restaurants. If you can't dress up for one evening, please stick to the MDRs.
I'm with you on this topic. It has nothing to do with being rich or belonging. I dress for the occasion to show respect. I don't dress like a beach bum when attending church, a wedding, a social engagement, or a funeral, I dress accordingly to show I understand the meaning of the event and all that it took to make me feel welcome.

I'm with you on this topic. It has nothing to do with being rich or belonging. I dress for the occasion to show respect. I don't dress like a beach bum when attending church, a wedding, a social engagement, or a funeral, I dress accordingly to show I understand the meaning of the event and all that it took to make me feel welcome.
To whom or what does one need to show respect when eating at Palo or Remy? In my opinion, respect for anything is demonstrated by one's behavior, not one's attire.

The best way to show respect at a restaurant is by leaving a huge tip. Go ask 100 servers and see how many of them feel respected by huge tippers versus those who felt respected by what the customers were wearing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter