3.55 pm Depart ATL

5.29 pm Arrive MCO

7th October 2014

3.30 pm Depart MCO

5.04 pm Arrive ATL

6.45 pm Depart ATL

7.40 am Arrive LHR (8th October)

Vicky x

Now we have our flights booked it feels like a big chunk of the holiday is sorted , I mean we are at least getting there and have a bed to sleep in :cool1:

but there are still 100's of little bits left to do which I really need to get my backside in gear to do,

So What is booked?

• [*]The Hotel
    [*]Park Tickets
    [*]Dining Plan
    [*]Flights

What is still left to do?

• Book Dining in March
  • Travel Insurance
  • Pay off balance with Disney
  • Book MNSSHP Tickets
  • Photopass
  • Book my Trail Ride
  • Book Afternoon Tea
  • Arrange Adams Equipment Hire
  • Book KTTK Tour
  • Book Sleeper Train to Paddington
  • Book Heathrow Express
  • Book Return Train
  • Acctually save some spending money !!!

I had a nice surprise last week, I logged on to MDE to add a note and I could see our Magic Bands had been linked and we could pick our colours. :cool1:

I have pink
Adam has red
and Thom is still undecided

These small things make it all seem more real :thumbsup2

OK so not a massive milestone but...
It is now 100 days until we can book our first 10 days of dining
I know we have a handful of 'Must Do's' like

• Kona Cafe
  • Be Our Guest (dinner hopefully)
  • House of Blues ( for DH)
  • Afternoon Tea @ The Grand Floridian
  • Golden Corral (offsite)
  • Cheesecake Factory (offsite)

I also have a list of maybes so far which do keep changing and I hope we will come to a group decision ( Thom really will eat anything , Adam more fussy)

My Shortlist so far looks a bit like this

• O'hana
  • Crystal Palace
  • Turf Club
  • Sanaa
  • Whispering Canyon
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • 50's Primetime
  • Teppan Edo
  • Yak and Yeti
  • And a dinner show, Hoop Dee Doo or Spirit Of Aloha

Roll on 27th of March :yay:

Now we only have 60 days until our dining window opens, been juggling things around the past few days trying to make things fit.

We've lost some of the maybes from our list and have yet to really decide , but the thought of the food has made Adam a lot more excited ,

I swear sometimes I have 2 big kids on my hands when they get going over what they want to eat and drink.

At least it feels less like I'm being a tour guide now they want to be involved with the decisions.

Vicky x

So a quick update to say that Thom had a phone call on Wednesday from his friend and she had found an amazing deal , £400 for Flights into Sanford and 2 weeks staying down on the 192.

So we told him he'd be silly not to go , So the lucky so and so , is off for 2 weeks in June then 92 days later we leave for our 2 weeks .

So jealous! But I've booked him some ADR's and even managed to get one for BOG on their last night , it's looking like a good little trip for them.

If I didn't have to pay for our trip in July I'd have been all over that offer too but I'm still going for 2 amazing weeks so can't actually complain!

I'm expecting lots of photos of the parks and sunshine, and a good present.

We are the best bosses , encouraging him to swan off for 2 weeks in the sun LOL!

I'm so excited for you all. We are off to SSR again in August and we can't wait either :thumbsup2

When are you at SSR

From the 18th August to the 1st September :thumbsup2 last year we were there a week earlier and we noticed it was quieter later in August. We will also be making a room request this year. I've never bothered before but this is the first time we have gone back to the same resort.

Are you going to SSR too?

Memory Maker​

Thom has kindly said he will get us all the Memory Maker package for our trip,

I've realised it's great value , I loved all the photo pass pics we had taken in 2001 but didn't really know about it before we left and didn't budget for it so didn't get any printed.

but at $15 a print all we need is 10 photos we want to download and it's paid for it's self.

I've spent £50 in one day at Alton Towers on photos, ( We took one of our bridesmaids and her brother , who was an usher as their present)

and I know i'll probably end up with about 25 Castle shots before I even start :goodvibes

Vicky x

From the 18th August to the 1st September :thumbsup2 last year we were there a week earlier and we noticed it was quieter later in August. We will also be making a room request this year. I've never bothered before but this is the first time we have gone back to the same resort.

Are you going to SSR too?

Yes- we're going 18th -25th August :)

Memory Maker​

That's great that he's buying it for you. I'm putting away my loose change to save to get it, as I really want some nice photos together, and I don't have a camera that is very easy to use if you're not familiar with it (we went to NYC and came back with only 2 decent photos of the two of us! :( )

I hadn't realised the individual prints were $15... that's great value. More ammunition to convince DH we need it!

Yay , DH and DF Thom has both now joined Disboards.

Adam (DH) is PinocchiRowe

Thom (DF) is I M Fearless

Adam wants to help with the TR when we've got back , and Thom is using it to plan for his June trip.

So I have been MIA for over a month , this year really does seem to be slipping away from me. I have good reason though , I've been studying for my Riding and Road Safety Exam which is another one ticked off from my list of Equestrian Qualifications. (Basically it's your driving test on a horse)

I've also picked up a job working one day a week at the stables I ride at.

Anyway today I finished our ADR's , Our window opened on Thursday , when i had to work so, as I was flying out the door , I mumbled to Thom I'd left him some notes on what to book.

It felt strange handing over the booking process , as this trip is my baby but I needn't have worried by 10.30 I had a message saying the first 10 days were all booked including Be our Guest!!

I was able to book the following days this weekend , and I've even had a little rearrange around Halloween parties.

I will post our new plans below.

Vicky x

Sad times , I've been really struggling with bad pains in my foot after every run.

I had my foot crushed by a horse when I was 16 and 10 years later I'm still affected by pain and damage to the nerves and ligaments in my foot and ankle. Walking is generally fine , and sometimes I get pain if I've been standing all day , but now I'm running I've been spending the next day limping.

So I think it seems like the only option not to enter the 5k for the sake of my foot and the rest of my trip after. It's a lot of money to lose if I have to pull out after entering and I don't want to have to be limping or at worst hire an ECV for the last week of my holiday.

As I cannot go to Florida every year , the option to defer isn't suitable for me .

I'm still going to be walking most days, and I'm still dieting and horse riding for exercise.

I'm quite sad I won't get to experience race day , but I'm hoping to continue to strengthen my foot, and maybe enter a 5k here in the UK next year.

Thank you for the words if support I've received , and good luck to all those who will be running in and of the RunDisney races this year.

Vicky x

Hello everybody , if your still there! :confused3

We are at 98 days , Thom is over in Florida at the moment so he had the privilege of doing his double digit dance at Disney! :dancer:

I've been somewhat stalking him and our friend who has gone with him , our MDE accounts are linked because of our Sept trip so I can see his plans and look at his Memory Maker pics as they go up, I love them , so glad we are getting a MM in Sept.

So I'm kind of stuck in that limbo between ADR's and FP+

I've been spending my days working out our plans for each day, where we'd like to go and fitting everything else in.

I've done a little bit of changing to my ADR's but now they are all sorted, they are:

24th - House of Blues

25th - Yachtman Steakhouse

26th - Crystal Palace Breakfast
&
Kona Cafe

27th - Teppan Edo

30th - 50's Primetime Cafe

1st - Sanaa

2nd - Beaches and Cream - Lunch
&
Nine Dragons Restaurant

3rd - Afternoon Tea @ Grand Floridian
&
Trails End

4th - Les Chefs De France

5th - Tutto Italia

6th - 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
&
Be Our Guest

We have booked Keys To The Kingdom on the 25th ( My Birthday :cheer2: ) and we are attending MNSSHP on the 28th.

I'm hopefully going to be adding a bit more to this PTR now life has settled a little bit.

Vicky xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter