Dreams / DIS Exclusive London/Paris/DLP Adventure Oct 4th - 13th 2019

Discussion in 'DIS Adventures by Disney Trips' started by DisneyKevin, Sep 13, 2018.

1. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Really sad. Val & I were fortunate enough to have visited there a couple of times. Such a magnificent place.

bearsgirl and Ron from Michigan like this.
  2. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

Tina and I have been watching this unfold this afternoon. Such a sad time for Paris and France

bearsgirl likes this.
  3. bamagoofy

bamagoofy Mouseketeer

I have to say the damage is less than I expected. There was a time yesterday when I wondered if any of the building would be sound enough to be allowed to stand. I did get to see the Cathedral when I was 17 but was looking forward to seeing it again. I wonder what will be substituted. I hope we at least drive by because it appears the front and the rose windows are still there.

Chandra

4. Ron from Michigan

Ron from Michigan DIS Veteran

I was also surprised when I saw photos from inside of how much survived. Those brave firefighters did an amazing job putting out the fire.

tink1970, MaryKatesMom and christannj like this.
  5. Cousin Orville

Cousin Orville Inventor of Air Cooling

The ABD site has already removed it from Day 6's activities. They also removed the water taxi to the Louvre which makes sense as the water taxi would have been the easiest way to get from Notre Dame to the Louvre. Right now it's Breakfast followed right up by Lunch on your own. So, ABD will either find something else great in the morning, or it will be one awesome, continuous gluttonous French feast that day. ;) Either way I'm ok.