*+*+*Dreams Can Come True*+*+* Club 33 Trip Report COMPLETED!!

I just read the Blog (which really gives very little info, from what I could tell) and was trying to come back over here to say that I saw it, but my PC locked up before I could get here.

That is very odd -- as I mentioned, the Halloween and holiday versions of Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are very, very popular. To be honest, I can't imagine the Halloween Carnival without them. They played theme-appropriate music for that season (like "Devil Went Down to Georgia") and it really set the mood. Everyone was kind of tapping their toes and bopping along, even if they were not stopped to watch them. And then, of course, during the holidays is when they do the Christmas stuff.

Three Kings Day celebrations are taking place through January 6th, and some of that will take place in that whole Jamboree/Ranch setting. I wonder if the music will still be holiday music, or if it will be themed to the Three Kings Day festivities?

Anyway, as I said before, I don't trust what this means for the future of the Carnival/Jamboree/Ranch location, if Disney is willing to get rid of such a popular act (even the other CMs were playing 'air fiddle' to the music when I was there in September!:rotfl:). I just have a feeling that this is somehow tying into a Christmas party next year.

I just read the Blog (which really gives very little info, from what I could tell) and was trying to come back over here to say that I saw it, but my PC locked up before I could get here.

That is very odd -- as I mentioned, the Halloween and holiday versions of Billy Hill & the Hillbillies are very, very popular. To be honest, I can't imagine the Halloween Carnival without them. They played theme-appropriate music for that season (like "Devil Went Down to Georgia") and it really set the mood. Everyone was kind of tapping their toes and bopping along, even if they were not stopped to watch them. And then, of course, during the holidays is when they do the Christmas stuff.

Three Kings Day celebrations are taking place through January 6th, and some of that will take place in that whole Jamboree/Ranch setting. I wonder if the music will still be holiday music, or if it will be themed to the Three Kings Day festivities?

Anyway, as I said before, I don't trust what this means for the future of the Carnival/Jamboree/Ranch location, if Disney is willing to get rid of such a popular act (even the other CMs were playing 'air fiddle' to the music when I was there in September!:rotfl:). I just have a feeling that this is somehow tying into a Christmas party next year.

I also have to wonder if it's Disney retiring them or if maybe the guys decided it was time?? I know the lead (Kirk) does a lot of Elvis appearances outside of the park......so it's possible they were ready to be done.
Either way.....sad news!

I didn't even know about that area until I went for the holiday season......it seems like it would be a perfect place to hold something like the processional and be able to keep it for "ticket" holders only.......can't really do that on Main Street. I don't know.......Disney seems very money hungry of late and I really hope they re-evaluate and go back to thinking of families.....because they are pricing themselves out of a lot of people's budgets. (mine included....and that is a scary thought!)

I got a couple minutes to update this upcoming trip......we're in the middle of moving, so I didn't get on here Sunday to let you know that we booked the Holiday Time Tour for Tuesday, December 10th at 2:45!! Super excited to be doing this again.....especially with limited time. Unless this has changed.....you get to do the HM-Holiday & Small World Holiday.....which is a great way to get on both of these popular rides. You also get a seat for the parade. 2 yrs ago when I did it, we were seated across from IASW-Holiday and got to see it lit up! Hope the seating is there again. Ty hasn't done this tour, so it will be fun to do with him.

We are 9 days away from our trip!!! The move is coming along, getting settled in nicely in our new home. Still have the cleaning & dump run to do at the old place......that will be done on Monday & Tuesday.

Sat down & figured out what we still needed to purchase & budget for the trip and realized with this unplanned move falling between our WDW trip & this one.....we are broke! I'm not even sure how I'll be buying our park tickets!! They have gotten so expensive........ Will keep my finger's crossed things will fall into place. Still need the tickets, shuttle to & from airport & food money........YIKES! :scared1: Not often I say.....I wish this trip was a little further out......lol

Ok, somehow I missed it a month ago when you started the PTR!!

I hope everything comes together in the next week. I get that feeling too -- trip come soon, why won't the trip come soon, ahh!!!:eek: trip is around the corner!

PHXscuba

Congrats on getting to go to Club 33!!

Thanks Kaitlin!

Ok, somehow I missed it a month ago when you started the PTR!!

I hope everything comes together in the next week. I get that feeling too -- trip come soon, why won't the trip come soon, ahh!!!:eek: trip is around the corner!

PHXscuba

Well my PTR is intermittent with getting moved and all.....but glad you found it!! Looking forward to meeting you next Monday!!

One day until we leave for Portland. Mike & the kids will drive Tyler & I up to Nick & Marie's house for the night & Nick will drive us to the airport early Monday morning. Thank goodness they didn't get this.......................

We got this yesterday.....we had about a foot of the white stuff......which is totally uncharacteristic for our area. Portland tends to get more snow then we do (they are up there by the gorge). We also won't be getting above freezing for the next few days.....no more snow in the forecast, but I also don't see this stuff melting away any time soon! I sure wish this would have held off until Dec. 24th......lol Just once in my life, I would like to have a white Christmas...........

Anywhos......... So tomorrow afternoon we will go to Portland & then we will head to the airport around 4:30am Monday. We are flying SW and leave at 7am, connecting in Sacramento and arriving at Orange County/John Wayne Airport at 10:50am. I arranged the Super Shuttle & prepaid it & the tip, so one less thing to worry about. Now I hope we don't sit around and wait for other passengers for very long. We will need to get to the Dolphin Cove/Wyndam/WorldMark Condos & pre-check in & store our luggage, get an ART pass, go to Disneyland & purchase 2 day parkhoppers.......and make sure we get this all done & arrive in New Orlean's Square in the early afternoon to meet up with our DIS friends for our lunch at Club 33.

Phew, tired just reading that!!! :scared:

Very excited....just wish the finances had worked out better and we wouldn't be nickel & diming EVERYTHING. I hate that!! No shopping for me this trip.....and for those that follow me....know that is a HUGE part of my Disney trips!! :crazy2: Oh well, I'm getting to go & I'm getting to experience something I NEVER thought I'd ever get to do......so it will be fine!!

So I went into total panic before dinner.......we are coming on such little money, that every dime counts. Well we've been waiting for Tyler's state check (he does in home care for the twins) to get here. It should have been here yesterday, but not totally uncommon to not get here until Saturday.....so we checked the mail today and NO CHECK!! :sad2: I'm guessing it's because we've changed addresses but it usually gets here in a week & it's been over a week since we submitted his time cards. So no check, no trip.....there's no way we can go now.

I finally called my mom bawling :sad: and she's covering us so we can still go!!! :cheer2: I can't believe it worked out......she just happened to forget going to the bank with a cash deposit & had enough to cover Ty's check and so plans are going forward. What a roller coaster ride!!! :):upsidedow:)

So we will see you Mickey & Minnie on Monday!!! :dance3:

I'm glad you got it worked out.:faint: Good thing I read your TR update because I had no clue anything was going on!:confused3

I'm having my own last-minute ordeals, believe me, but I couldn't back out at the last minute. If you had been forced to back out on Club 33 at the last second, it would not have been good. I would not have had enough time to let the Club member know -- the one who kindly extended the offer to me -- to change the number of people in the group, or to round up two replacements. It makes a difference. It's not like a meal at Carnation Cafe. It's Club 33! Also, I would not have been pleased if I had to deal with that kind of last minute stress while trying to enjoy my own DLR trip!

So, thank the heavens for your mom, or else I probably would have had a heart attack (seeing as I'm leaving for DLR in less than 3 hours and didn't see your post until now, and I would not have checked the DIS for at least another couple of days, if that)! :worship::worship:

I'm so glad it all worked out! Hopefully you can get there and just have a fantastic time now! Enjoy!

I'm glad you got it worked out.:faint: Good thing I read your TR update because I had no clue anything was going on!:confused3

I'm having my own last-minute ordeals, believe me, but I couldn't back out at the last minute. If you had been forced to back out on Club 33 at the last second, it would not have been good. I would not have had enough time to let the Club member know -- the one who kindly extended the offer to me -- to change the number of people in the group, or to round up two replacements. It makes a difference. It's not like a meal at Carnation Cafe. It's Club 33! Also, I would not have been pleased if I had to deal with that kind of last minute stress while trying to enjoy my own DLR trip!

So, thank the heavens for your mom, or else I probably would have had a heart attack (seeing as I'm leaving for DLR in less than 3 hours and didn't see your post until now, and I would not have checked the DIS for at least another couple of days, if that)! :worship::worship:

I know you can't just cancel last minute.....that's why I worked on this up to the time my mom was able to help us. This was not something I wanted to give up on. We would have flown down, paid for a one day, one park ticket & came and ate. (and ate enough to hold us for a couple days.....lol) then we would have stayed at the condo until time to fly back Wednesday.

I would never have left you in a bind.......I kept the faith and it worked out (even if not the way it should have originally happened). We will see you tomorrow!!!

I'm so glad it all worked out! Hopefully you can get there and just have a fantastic time now! Enjoy!

Thank You.....just getting away will be a good start in relaxing!! :goodvibes

I just found your PTR. I am so very late to this party, but I'm in now! :wave2:

Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to your TR. Enjoy your dinner at Club 33. What an awesome gift you have received. There isn't a more deserving person than you.pixiedust:

I just found your PTR. I am so very late to this party, but I'm in now! :wave2:

Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to your TR. Enjoy your dinner at Club 33. What an awesome gift you have received. There isn't a more deserving person than you.pixiedust:

Thanks! We will definitely get pics to share!

So I went into total panic before dinner.......we are coming on such little money, that every dime counts. Well we've been waiting for Tyler's state check (he does in home care for the twins) to get here. It should have been here yesterday, but not totally uncommon to not get here until Saturday.....so we checked the mail today and NO CHECK!! :sad2: I'm guessing it's because we've changed addresses but it usually gets here in a week & it's been over a week since we submitted his time cards. So no check, no trip.....there's no way we can go now.

I finally called my mom bawling :sad: and she's covering us so we can still go!!! :cheer2: I can't believe it worked out......she just happened to forget going to the bank with a cash deposit & had enough to cover Ty's check and so plans are going forward. What a roller coaster ride!!! :):upsidedow:)

So we will see you Mickey & Minnie on Monday!!! :dance3:

I'm following along! We just got back home from our long Disney trip and I'll be happy to read all about your special lunch at Club 33. I'm so glad it all fell into place.

I TOTALLY would have changed my flight home to help you out in a time of need, Sherry. :rotfl2:

I'm on board! Congrats on the invitation to Club 33! Can't wait to hear how it went.

I'm following along! We just got back home from our long Disney trip and I'll be happy to read all about your special lunch at Club 33. I'm so glad it all fell into place.

I TOTALLY would have changed my flight home to help you out in a time of need, Sherry. :rotfl2:

Thank You and welcome!!

I'm on board! Congrats on the invitation to Club 33! Can't wait to hear how it went.

Thank you.....I didn't receive the invite, but I did receive an invite from the person invited.....lol

Will be sorting thru pictures today and will start posting as soon as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter