Dream Concierge

we've had 2 cabanas and ironically our first one was #9 and our second was #4. personally between the two we preferred the lower number because it was a closer walk to the facilities and cookies 2 bbq and was right in the middle of the section of the private beach which is set up with a good amount of umbrellas and loungers. (after cabana #10 they seem to end and not be set up)

The family beach was a good distance. Having a view of the ship is what we love the most about the family beach cabanas - to float in the water or relax on deck while enjoying the backdrop of a Disney cruise liner.

I have photos of both if that helps.
Photos would be great !!

Enjoying this thread! We're booked Concierge (Cat V), 11004 (with bump out) for our 1st DCL cruise in April. SO excited! (Our kids still know nothing about this cruise...and it's getting harder each day to keep the "secret" from them!) :rolleyes1

From previous posts, it seems that not everyone sees value in sailing Concierge...and that's fine. For our 1st family cruise, DH & I want every, single perk we can get: :-) The Concierge lounge & sun deck, pre-dinner cocktails, Shoreside & Onboard Concierge staff, easy embark/ disembark, 125 day booking window
(we snagged Cabana #9 :yay:), etc. All of this gives us a little taste of the "luxury" that we've enjoyed on past luxury cruises. If our pre-cruise experience with DCL is an indication of what we can expect on board, I have a feeling that we'll be among those that, having sailed Concierge, will ALWAYS sail Concierge.
That's why we booked concierge, with Two kids 6 and 5 and one in a wheelchair we want all the help we can get!!! Plus who doesn't like being pampered on vacation!!! For us is quality of the cruise not quantity since we can't travel often anyways

Yes I have seen it at low tide it does go out a bit but it's a trade more privacy but a bit of a walk if the tide is out. Anyway part of the day the tide will be in. So you will get it both ways. I had 4 and 5 closer to the water less hot sand to burn your feet.

I bought my daughter swim shoes for this reason lol. Found some on zulily for $5!

Enjoying this thread! We're booked Concierge (Cat V), 11004 (with bump out) for our 1st DCL cruise in April. SO excited! (Our kids still know nothing about this cruise...and it's getting harder each day to keep the "secret" from them!) :rolleyes1

From previous posts, it seems that not everyone sees value in sailing Concierge...and that's fine. For our 1st family cruise, DH & I want every, single perk we can get: :-) The Concierge lounge & sun deck, pre-dinner cocktails, Shoreside & Onboard Concierge staff, easy embark/ disembark, 125 day booking window
(we snagged Cabana #9 :yay:), etc. All of this gives us a little taste of the "luxury" that we've enjoyed on past luxury cruises. If our pre-cruise experience with DCL is an indication of what we can expect on board, I have a feeling that we'll be among those that, having sailed Concierge, will ALWAYS sail Concierge.

We are sailing concierge in this same room with this same cabana in April as well! It is our 5th cruise with Disney, first in concierge (celebrating our 30th anniversary!). I can say that as a silver cruiser I luckily snagged cabana #9 on our last cruise. We thought it was the perfect location, not too far or near and a beautiful view of the ship. Palm tree over the hammock. My family had a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise- if we get there first we will break in the cabin for you- do the same for us if you get there first! LOL:)photo.JPG

Last edited:
We are sailing concierge in this same room with this same cabana in April as well! It is our 5th cruise with Disney, first in concierge (celebrating our 30th anniversary!). I can say that as a silver cruiser I luckily snagged cabana #9 on our last cruise. We thought it was the perfect location, not too far or near and a beautiful view of the ship. Palm tree over the hammock. My family had a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise- if we get there first we will break in the cabin for you- do the same for us if you get there first! LOL:)View attachment 1986
Are the Cabanas on a "private part" of the beach It looks like no one is there (happy dance if this is true) are the all cabanas accessible by a road/sidewalk or only beach

We are sailing concierge in this same room with this same cabana in April as well! It is our 5th cruise with Disney, first in concierge (celebrating our 30th anniversary!). I can say that as a silver cruiser I luckily snagged cabana #9 on our last cruise. We thought it was the perfect location, not too far or near and a beautiful view of the ship. Palm tree over the hammock. My family had a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise- if we get there first we will break in the cabin for you- do the same for us if you get there first! LOL:)View attachment 1986

Hi. Is this hhe family beach by Pelican Point? Office closed today so not at work and wondering if there are maps of the cabanas numbered both on Family Beach and Serenity Bay?

There just looks like a lot of beach and sea grass between the cabanas at SB moreso than Family Beach. Is that correct? Just want to try to reserve the best I can.

Thanks.

There's a walkway between serenity beach cabanas and beach. Google it and there are pics. I can't seem to figure out how to post it.

Here's a video of SB 19 which I believe is now # 23 due to the new ones being built.

castaway+cay.jpg

I haven't seen a new map with the new cabanas on it.
Maybe someone else can update with a newer map.

Everyone on here is so helpful!!!! Thank you so much! These next few months are going to take forever

Everyone on here is so helpful!!!! Thank you so much! These next few months are going to take forever
It'll go faster then you think, I promise :flower1::flower1: I started my latest countdown at 13 months and I'm now down to 6!!! Yay!! Time has flown by!!! Your cruise will be here before you know it!!!

Are the Cabanas on a "private part" of the beach It looks like no one is there (happy dance if this is true) are the all cabanas accessible by a road/sidewalk or only beach

There is a paved road/walking path in front of them which begins right by the bathrooms near "Cookies Too".

I believe these are the bathrooms

This is the path where the golf carts travel to transport cabana guests.(using a back entrance)

The blue hut you see where that gentleman is walking is Cabana #3.
Very easy walk to get lunch and use the facilities.

Cabanas #3 and #5. Our cabana #4 is actually between them - not showing in the photo.

The beach is private - These are actually cabanas 1 thru 8.
1 is partial far right.
2 is the visible right next to it (gold)
5 is center (blue w/gold shutter showing).
8 is partial far left.

We are actually on the loungers w/towels here angled in front of 9 (not shown)

and the entire area including the water is roped off from the family beach.

(this is a sold out cruise in May 2011 on the Disney Dream during her inaugural year. Probably the most crowded I've ever seen this beach in 5 visits)

You can see the rope in the water. The empty raft is floating in the private area for cabana guests.

Compare that family beach shot to these taken off the Magic Dec 7, 2013. Not crowded at all.
(much better view of the roped off area)

now compare that to a DVC members cruise taken off the Dream Sept 29, 2013.

This is where the private beach area begins. My DH is talking to the CM stationed at this entrance.
(dec 7, 2013 - Disney Magic 4nt sail)

The inner tubes and rafts farthest away in this photo mark the entrance to the HA ramp for Cabana #1

here's another shot of the entrance taken sept 2013

Floating in the water. My DH's favorite pastime on Castaway Cay.

these are cabanas 5 thru 9. My DH is sitting in front of #9

cabanas 8 thru 12

these are cabanas 10 thru 12 - which I believe you can also see 13 to 16 wrapping around to the left.

views from cabana 9 (sorry for the poor quality)
May 2011

views from cabana 4 (taken off a DVC members cruise Sept 2013) Zero crowds on the Family Beaches.
Sept 2013

Taken on 2 different days - we had Cabana # 4 twice for this cruise which was a double dip.

Last edited:
There's a walkway between serenity beach cabanas and beach. Google it and there are pics. I can't seem to figure out how to post it.

these are the Serenity Bay cabanas, which my son and DH shot on a bike trip May 2011. Not sure how much has changed but I know #18 is now renumbered

This is the entry path between the open beach and the serenity bay cabanas

SB cabana beach access point. Not sure how many there are here. I'm guessing 1 at each end?

Serenity Bay - May 2011

Last edited:
Thank you very much Poison Ivy! Was it just you and your dh? It will be my mom and I, leaving my family at home and wanted to go to SB but the cabanas on the family beach look a lot more desirable with less space to the beach and water. Is that correct?

Thanks so much!

:thanks: for posting the pic of Cabana #9! Can't wait to lounge in the hammock under the palm tree, with a fruity libation in hand! :drinking: You're in the same cabin…in the same month…and snagged the same Cabana?! What are the chances?!

HAPPY 30th ANNIVERSARY & Bon voyage!!
(We'll happily 'break the Cabana in' if we get there 1st! And thanks for doing the same for us!!) :beach:

That's why we booked concierge, with Two kids 6 and 5 and one in a wheelchair we want all the help we can get!!! Plus who doesn't like being pampered on vacation!!! For us is quality of the cruise not quantity since we can't travel often anyways

Amen! My thoughts exactly!! Happy Cruising!! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter