Dream big, live Grand. VGF homeowners' thread.

We bought VGF points in July and I've just made our first booking, for a standard studio, for next October :) The excitement and build up to making this booking has been ridiculous - I couldn't sleep last night! I've been watching availability all week and was so worried I wouldn't get it booked that I took my personal laptop to work as the DVC site is blocked my employer. I had the booking webpage open and ready and at 1 pm UK time on the dot I made the booking!

We've stayed at the Poly in the past but this will be our first time at the Grand Floridian (and first time as DVC). I'm hoping for greatness!!!

We booked our standard view studio for the first 2 weeks of October :)

We plan to hit the Halloween Party & Food & Wine Festival :cool1:

Face Like Fizz said:
We bought VGF points in July and I've just made our first booking, for a standard studio, for next October :) The excitement and build up to making this booking has been ridiculous - I couldn't sleep last night! I've been watching availability all week and was so worried I wouldn't get it booked that I took my personal laptop to work as the DVC site is blocked my employer. I had the booking webpage open and ready and at 1 pm UK time on the dot I made the booking!

We've stayed at the Poly in the past but this will be our first time at the Grand Floridian (and first time as DVC). I'm hoping for greatness!!!

Congrats to you! Hope you have any years of awesome vaca! First stay at VGF upcoming this December in a studio for fhe first time on a split stay returning to our home AKV..Studio is just fine for only DH and me..when we travel with our 2 older sons we spread out in a 2 Br..Enjoy your first magical stay!

We bought VGF points in July and I've just made our first booking, for a standard studio, for next October :) The excitement and build up to making this booking has been ridiculous - I couldn't sleep last night! I've been watching availability all week and was so worried I wouldn't get it booked that I took my personal laptop to work as the DVC site is blocked my employer. I had the booking webpage open and ready and at 1 pm UK time on the dot I made the booking! We've stayed at the Poly in the past but this will be our first time at the Grand Floridian (and first time as DVC). I'm hoping for greatness!!!
Congratulations and Welcome Home! Enjoy

So, what happens when, you're on a Disney Cruise and your wife says, "maybe it's time we look into DVC." And, reluctantly you get dragged along...

You BUY VGF!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

After the sticker shock wore off, I have to say that we are beyond excited. The paperwork package arrived yesterday and we've already had the paperwork stamped, sealed and ready for return.

We are twice yearly cruisers on DCL, if you told me this time last year I'd buy DVC I would have told you that was a crazy idea. Well, call me crazy.

So, what happens when, you're on a Disney Cruise and your wife says, "maybe it's time we look into DVC." And, reluctantly you get dragged along... You BUY VGF!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: After the sticker shock wore off, I have to say that we are beyond excited. The paperwork package arrived yesterday and we've already had the paperwork stamped, sealed and ready for return. We are twice yearly cruisers on DCL, if you told me this time last year I'd buy DVC I would have told you that was a crazy idea. Well, call me crazy.

Congratulations and Welcome Home! The Grand is Grand!

We are new DVC members as of Thursday! Super excited! I already have addonitis :rotfl2: *shakes head at self* lol

We sold our BLT points and bought VGF last spring. Booked nights for the holidays (starting on the 27th) and ended up booking Christmas day and the 26th at the Boardwalk and wait listed VGF. Just heard back that our wait list came through so we have 9 nights in a studio for the holidays at VGF. Can't wait!!!!!

We are new DVC members as of Thursday! Super excited! I already have addonitis :rotfl2: *shakes head at self* lol

I know how you feel about addonitis.

May of 2013 we sold 200 OKW and 300 SSR points to buy 500 VGF points. We always went for three weeks in a one bedroom.

After staying at the VGF for two weeks in a one bedroom, we bought 250 more VGF points, so we could stay for three weeks like we did before.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

We are new DVC members as of last Sunday!! Can't wait to start using the points, but my husband is being a responsible party pooper about it :lmao:

We just became a member of the VGF family on Thursday and couldn't be happier!! So excited to learn all of the ins & outs of being DVC!

We just arrived yesterday for our first stay as homeowners. I love it! We definitely need to add on some more points. Now I'm just trying to talk my husband into buying more points without selling our AKV contract first.

Just booked our first stay for September 10-15. I talked my husband into an anniversary trip, it's our 10th so I figured it deserved a wdw trip ;)

facebook twitter