Downton Abbey

Season 3 is great- but I cried so much at the most recent episode. Tragic... Just tragic. What did you all think?

I think I have a heart of stone, I didn't cry. I thought it was sad. Lord G is in deep do do.

Episode 5 of the new season is a shocker and so very sad. Get those kleenex out and be prepared.

Last night's episode was an eventful one and one of the best yet. So happy for Mr Bates and yet cringed at Thomas' endeavors. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Who's looking forward to Sunday night? Thanks to Netflix and Hulu Plus, I just finished all episodes. Its a fantastic show!

I'm so bad, I read about all the next episodes and know the spoilers. It'll still be exciting to watch it all unfold.

Ive watched the entire season already. Love the show!

Excited to watch season 3! Glad people are posting about it though, because I needed a reminder! I'm really good at missing tv shows... Even the faves.

Oh man I forgot about season 3. I will have to follow up with the links mentioned as this is as intriguing as a good book- which for me, tv usually doesn't compare.

So happy to have found this thread. When my inlaws came over from England at Thanksgiving they told me about this show. I've watched all 3 seasons and the Christmas special since! I'm addicted! :rotfl2:

The Christmas show was absolutely devastating. Watch it and you'll see what I mean. It was disappointing but given the circumstances I think they could have done it no better.

Anyone see it and if so what'd you think?

The Christmas show was absolutely devastating. Watch it and you'll see what I mean. It was disappointing but given the circumstances I think they could have done it no better.

I agree...couldn't believe it and was upset for days...still so.not.happy!!! But like you said, what else could they do???

I watched it but I knew ahead of time what was going to happen so it didn't really get to me.

The beginning of season 4 will be interesting, to say the least!

But it wouldn't just be Lady Mary getting her period....

Lady Edith would be crying in the garden because she doesn't get a period

Lady Sybil would be worried about not getting her period because she'd been canoodling with the Chauffeur

O'Brien would be gossiping to Daisy that Lady Cora has American tainted periods

The Dowager Duchess would insist everybody conduct their menstrual cycle in a proper and traditional manner

Violet would implement a charity drive to assist all who have problematic periods

Thomas the Valet would be plotting a money making scheme to sell black market tampons

and the Earl would be bumbling around his study with his dog, losing all the money and wondering why nobody needs him to do any real work in managing their periods.
just read this. hahahahahaha

Okay, I must have missed something. I have watched the Christmas special twice -- what was so devestating?

My guess is you watched the Christmas special from last year. The US is behind the UK for the show. They have already seen Season 3 and had a Christmas special that follows and we are just starting Season 3 airings here is the US. Trust me, if you had seen the right one you would know what we are talking (or not talking) about.

Thank you-- you are right. It was the special from last year. However, I have read of two very important characters leaving the series so I'm guessing what happened.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but I was pleasantly surprised by the Christmas special for Call the Midwife recently. It was great. Another good British series.

I've seen it but there are so many people here in the US who haven't seen season 3 yet, I hesitate to even talk about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter