Doubletree Disney Springs--Anyone stay there recently?

Bellagirl

Earning My Ears
We have a stay booked at the Doubletree Disney Springs in December. I keep reading reviews on another site and some are wonderful and other reviews are not so good. Have any of you stayed there recently in the last 2-3 months who can offer some insight as to how the conditions of the rooms were. I have heard everything for odors, no working water, etc. in rooms and am getting a little concerned. No room is perfect but definitely do not want to encounter a dump. Thank you!

We have stayed there over the last 15 years the last time this past April. The reviews are all correct. The rooms are in need of an update and there are odors. I don't want to stay there again because I worry of getting a sinus infection from the air coming from the vents that you cannot turn off. We have stayed there so many times because the service is very good and staff is friendly. I am a Hilton Honors member so maybe that helps. The resort is small enough we don't have far to go to our room. It is in walking distance to Downtown Disney. There is a reliable bus service. So in the end it is a good place to stay and even I still consider it, but there is the worn out rooms. If they removed the carpets I'd book for sure.

Overall a reliable hotel, while the rooms are slightly dated, staff is friendly and the rooms are very spacious, they are all suites so there is plenty of space to spread out, great for families.. Amenities are also ample with a nice pool area, fitness building, playground, tennis courts, etc. The hotel is also within walking distance to DS which is convenient and as mentioned by pp the bus service to the parks is also reliable..

Thank you! We are HH members as well so using all our points for a free 5 night stay. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed for a nice stay with low expectations but the reviews about bugs, smells and not being clean are what have me worried.....

I actually like the rooms, high ceiling, carpet, spacious.

Sure it's not the modern Motel 6 look that hotels are adopting to save money (fake plastic hardwood floors, shower/no bath), small room, but I actually hate that design. It's really cheap looking to me.

Thank you! We are HH members as well so using all our points for a free 5 night stay. I guess I will keep my fingers crossed for a nice stay with low expectations but the reviews about bugs, smells and not being clean are what have me worried.....

HH Diamond here ... just an FYI. We started staying at DoubleTree about 16 years ago. If you get Breakfast Coupons with your stay just know, unless they changed in last couple of years, it's not the same experience as other Hiltons. They have a hot and cold buffet - our coupons only covered the cold buffet. It used to be good, lost of different breads and pastries, fruits etc. Last couple times they reduced it considerably - I guess to get you to pay to upgrade.

It is a very small space and they seat you, a server gets your drinks. Last couple trips it was something like 30-45 wait just to sit .... for toast and cereal? We now stay there taking breakfast items for the kitchenette or just eat breakfast out. Again, maybe it has changed for better but just know you might want to plan eating elsewhere if it is the same.

We stayed there for four nights first week of October. Our stay was great. We did get upgraded to a larger room with a conference table so maybe that room isn't as worn down. The free video rental was a great option, we both thought that families could really take advantage of that. The pool area was never crowded and it was nice that they stayed open till 11. We did receive a food and beverage credit of $24 a night for the two of us. (Gold and Diamond members get this, 24 is the maximum and is only good for one room)It was great to be able to have a drink at night instead of having only a breakfast option. We would rebook here in a heartbeat, so much more spacious than a Disney hotel.

We've stayed at the Doubletree previously and we're heading back in a couple of weeks. I can't recall, do the refrigerators have a freezer compartment?

Honestly you should save your points for foreign hotels. The points go alot further and you can stay at $500 5 star hotels instead of the $120 Double Tree Disney hotel.

Like what? Which ones?

Mon Dec 6th to 7th Double Tree Disney Springs is 39,000 points

On the same day:

Hilton Stockholm Slussen 35,000 points

Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus 35,000 points
Double Tree Istanbull 20,000 points
Conrad Istanbull 40,000 points

Hilton Edinburgh 54,000 points

Hotel Camille Paris Gare de Lyon, Tapestry Collection by Hilton 45,000 points

Hilton Tokyo 52,000 points

Chekhoff Hotel Moscow Curio Collection by Hilton 39,000 points

Hilton Moscow Leningradskaya 23,000 points

Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre 47,000 points

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica 34,000 points

I'm interested in this hotel also..... the size of the rooms is great for a bigger family group....how "old" is old? I don't mind basic hotels as long it's decently clean.... and I assume it's better to get a room on one side vs. the other to avoid highway noise? How relaxing is the pool area?

I'm interested in this hotel also..... the size of the rooms is great for a bigger family group....how "old" is old? I don't mind basic hotels as long it's decently clean.... and I assume it's better to get a room on one side vs. the other to avoid highway noise? How relaxing is the pool area?
Seems fine and new to me.

Dunno what people are complaining about.

Looks like the Disney Contemporary Hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter