Double Stroller and Monorail to Poly

dlrhine

<font color=teal>DIS Veteran who was away for a wh
We will be traveling to WDW staying at the Poly Dec 7-14 with our 2 DD ages 2 (Actually one month shy of 3) and 1.5. I was wondering we have a Graco Duoglider tandum (front to back) if we are going to have to fold it on the Monorail to get back to the Poly. I'm afraid that the girls will fall asleep in it and would love to just be able to take them back in their PJs and just plop them in bed. I do know if it is crazy crowed I'd have to fold it but I'm thinking on a regular night?

If there is room and you can get in on the monorail, I can't seem to fit my umbrella sometimes between the door and the middle thingy, you can roll it on.

Genreally as long as it's not really crowded and you cna safely get it on, you'll be allowed to leave it open. But if it's crowded, you'll be asked to close it.

If the girls are asleep in it, and they want you to fold it up, ask if you can wait for the next monorail in order to get on without folding it. Sometimes this will work.

If you're talking about the MK to the Polynesian, there's also the launch, although I'm pretty sure you ahve to fold there as well. I guess my point is that it's generally faster and not as crowded.

Anne

As Anne said you'd have to fold it on the launch.

One other option is the ferry. You would not need to fold it at all there and then would have the quiet, peaceful walk to the Polynesian from the TTC...a couple of minutes to the closest longhouses. However if you leave MK any time near closing, the ferry will probably be very crowded.

We have a Maclaren side by side and they direct you to the wheelchair car if there are no wheelchairs or other strollers in there than you can go if there are than wait for the next one. The resort monorail is always less crowed so you should have no problems. Also if you are staying at the Poly you can always walk to the ferry where you can wheel right on. The resort launch will require that you fold the stroller. Only the friendships/WL launch & ferry allow unfolded strollers. We stayed at the Poly recently and did the ferry a few times if you walk quickly it's only 7 mins from Kona Cafe 5 mins if you have a double expresso

It depends on how large the double-long stroller is. Most double-long strollers that I have seen have had very little problems getting onto the monorail. However, if your stroller is too long/wide, you may need to request the use of the wheelchair accessible section of the train.

Double-WIDE strollers are the ones that typically have the most problems. They can only fit into the wheelchair accessible areas of the train. (two areas per train)

If there is a guest with a wheelchair, they get priority over the stroller in all cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter