Double Rope Dropping Magic Kingdom

NYGoofy1889

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to double rope drop at MK? What I mean by that is using early entry to rope drop possibly Space Mtn and Buzz. Then head over to Adventureland and rope drop Jungle Cruise and BTMR since that side opens a 1/2 hour later. Has anyone done this?

I have done both SM and Buzz in the first half hour, but never tried to hustle to the other side of the park. But if the lines break your way, it seems doable

We did it last week. Did SM and Buzz, and then headed through the hub to Liberty Square to do BTMRR. Unfortunately, it was down, so we did Pirates instead. This was Saturday, 3/11. We have also done it on previous trips, probably in July.

We’ve done this before and it’s super fun. We’d do BTMR and Splash still with a short-ish wait. You need to be over between IaSW and Haunted Mansion before regular park open (usually 9 am) or you will be behind the non-EE rope droppers.

Is it possible to double rope drop at MK? What I mean by that is using early entry to rope drop possibly Space Mtn and Buzz. Then head over to Adventureland and rope drop Jungle Cruise and BTMR since that side opens a 1/2 hour later. Has anyone done this?
Yes, we've done this but it does create some backtracking if you decide to head back into Fantasyland/Tomorrowland. When we do it, it's usually hitting Space or 7DMT and then we head over to BTMR or Splash (RIP); we've not had any luck hitting a short line at Jungle Cruise since most times that builds pretty quick. The last time we did this we just left 7DMT and headed to BTMR and didn't bother with JC. We always end up up backtracking anyway a good bit so it's not a big deal for us. Do keep in mind, depending on how fast you get through SM/Buzz, that may put you behind some crowds. The non-resort guest won't be close to BTMR, they'll be held up near the Hub with an advantage to catch JC so it usually makes sense for us to head towards BTMR.

If you mean rope drop as in be there ready to go when the rope drops, I think it'd be difficult to do both and still get over in time to rope drop adventureland. I think you'd certainly be able to do buzz and do 2nd rope drop, but space can take some time - you could most likely just do space and still catch 2nd rope drop, but fitting in both would be a little tough in our experience, but certainly worth a shot.

Yes I have done this a few times! I last did it December 23rd. I walked over to Magic Kingdom from the Poly where we were staying and we were one of the first people to go through the tapstiles. We then were some of the first people to get to the rope that holds you by Fantasyland. It was our first time actually touching the rope! We did Pooh, Peter Pan, (got an ILL for SDMT for late morning so skipped that), and made it to the rope for Adventureland so we could RD Jingle Cruise. Waited less than 10 min here for that RD. After Jinglecruise, we could've done BTMRR but my kids were a little scared of it so we did Aladdin, Tiki Room, Swiss Family, and the the carousel all before our SDMT lightning lane which was around 10. Pirates was down. My kids are 6 and 8 so these were the rides we love but you could definitely get some headliners done if you double RD!

We attempted to do this last year on a very busy day, but it didn't quite work out for us. We missed the 2nd rope drop by about 2minutes and that was enough time that Jungle Cruise was a mob scene. from there we very quickly went to BTMRR, but by the time we arrived BTMRR was also a bit of a mob scene. I think posted was 45, and we only waited 30. not horrible, but not great either.

Later that night though, the wait was more like 20minutes. I don't recall the exact time, but it was approx an hour before park close. After that, we rode Splash- no wait. Part of our group got SOAKED. We have not gotten anywhere near that wet on Splash for many years, but our last ride on it, we got pretty wet.

We did it in Oct but we rode Buzz twice, then a potty break and then went to the 2nd rope drop and got on BTMR and splash. I will say it was a bit of a cluster over in that area by BTMR and splash and we almost thought it would have been better to have arrived 10 min after the rope drop. People were trying to figure out where lines were and CM's were struggling with controlling everyone. We rode Big Thunder and when we came off we went back on a 2nd time and it was a lot less chaotic for that 2nd ride.

It is doable, but you will want to be at the front of the pack on the bridge as you await Tomorrowlan's opening. That way you are one of the first to ride Space. But you will be behind the pack of people waiting for the 9AM rope drop. Not sure how this will be now that SM is closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!