Double, Double, Toil & Trouble: a Halloween-inspired trip of “two’s” – an October 2016 TR

Hey Gina (and anyone else going to Orlando before Sept 30th), that Hash House a Go Go deal is back on Travelzoo. The one where you pay $20 for a $40 credit, or $39 for $80. Usually you can find a promo code on the web too, making it even cheaper. We used it on our October Universal trip last year and we really enjoyed it!

Yay! I finally caught up! Really enjoying all the updates as usual. Interesting to see the differences with the dinner shows, shame Pirates was so quiet for you. Its been years since we went there and couldnt believe the cost of it now. It would be fun for you seeing the theme parks with the kids, we kind of miss ours being those ages now as it is all just so magical for them!

Looks like a fantastic day was had by all!! The kids are adorable, and I bet it was wonderful to show them all of your favourite things. I also imagien you guys enjoyed your evening down time with just the two of you :). No matter how sweet the children, it's a different pace isn't it?

And yes dancin'.. pcitures!!!!!:smooth:

I have to admit, the constant chatter (especially when there are three of them!!) and movement is exhausting when we're so long out of the little-kid stage. You forget just how much energy they have at those ages!! After raising an only child, getting a glimpse into the life of a larger family for a day was quite an eye opener :p.

A great day at SW for all. My daughter used to love Shamus kids area, I miss going in now.

It's amazing how tiring it can be watching all those shows and going on the rides, I get you we're both looking forward to your meal and a bit of "downtime " :) looking forward to the meal update , I mean, where were the food pictures today!

As for dancin' Bruce Willis in MK, wow just wow, any more details?

Ya never know, I may just get that food entry up before the night is over.....Steve has to be at work for 4 am tomorrow morning :crazy2: so he'll be hitting the sack pretty early. Once we're back from the gym (we're trying to faithfully put in 2.5 miles on the treadmill every night.....our April trip is coming up quickly!!), perhaps I will sit down and type out the Texas de Brazil installment. If not tonight, then tomorrow for sure :thumbsup2.

I don't think a huge pool of sharks and sting rays would go with the new décor of your house! It might block Steve's view of his new fancy TV!

Ha ha, true that! But the kittens would love it, don't you think? Hours of entertainment! :fish:

Steve was so excited about that new TV :rolleyes:. He has been eyeing them up ever since the curved models hit the market, and was shocked at how much less expensive they are here versus back in Canada. He's been putting in such long hours and working so hard at his new job, I encouraged him to splurge...and a quick trip to Costco yesterday turned into a rather major shopping trip. But, I have to say, the picture quality is something else.......and the darn screen is HUGE! :eek:

I have to do this in parts because I have so much to catch up on! :rotfl:

So here's through page 7!

I don't know how I missed that you're back and started a new TR! So sorry because this comment will be super long as I get caught up!

Dash and Violet got sooo big since the last picture I saw!

Also I'd love to add you on Facebook! If you don't feel comfortable exchanging it publically I could PM you mine or vice versa.

That's mostly why we skip out on those restaurants when we go because they're so close to home. But I would want to try them too if I didn't live around them. I'm glad you can have some of your favorites more often now! :cheer2:

I have never been to a Cheesecake Factory that wasn't crazy packed!

Now that you can go more often you should try the baked potato tots though. It's the best appetizer!

Totally understandable I'd hate to be without Josh for so long. I'm so glad you two got to spend 2 weeks together after having to spend so much time apart!

pirate:

I always get dessert there even when I'm too stuffed to move. :rotfl:

Nope! :thumbsup2

That's a great price!

I think that's incredibly nice and a really good deal!

We had to wait 40 minutes in December it was awful!

Ooo we did a Christmas one. I never thought about there being a lot of Halloween decorations...:scratchin

Oh no! Our driver was pretty quiet.

:laughing:

I know it's stunning! We've only been once before the change.

It just is :rotfl: People love it.

DLuxe Burger is so good! Definitely worth a try.

I totally agree.

We haven't gone on it either. It always seems too hot to go on it!

:welcome:, my friend.....I am so glad you found me!!

Absolutely I'd be happy to add you on Facebook! :thumbsup2 I will PM you my last name, and I'll be easy to find.......its a bit unusual so its generally easier for people to find me rather than the other way around.

DLuxe Burger is one of Steve's must-do's in April/May, and we're both excited to give it a try. If I have my way, it will be followed up by a Sprinkles cupcake :teeth:.

Looking forward to have you reading and commenting along from here!!

I still miss the mime. :( I do enjoy the new Sea Lion show but I think I liked the Pirates Island show more. Although, it could just be the color scheme. I am not a fan of so much yellow. Just doesn't look right to me.

I'm a bit surprised the divers weren't at the Pearl factory. They were there in September. But they weren't there in January. I hope they bring them back.

I hear you on the colour.....I'm not a yellow person, either. Orange I love, but yellow.....drives me bananas (see what I did there? :p)

We didn't see the divers on any of our visits during that two week vacation. I hope its just that we were there at a quieter time of year. I would hate to see them phase them out entirely :( .... they were such a unique feature of the park.

Hey Gina (and anyone else going to Orlando before Sept 30th), that Hash House a Go Go deal is back on Travelzoo. The one where you pay $20 for a $40 credit, or $39 for $80. Usually you can find a promo code on the web too, making it even cheaper. We used it on our October Universal trip last year and we really enjoyed it!

Oooooh, really?!? Thank you for that! :thumbsup2 I hadn't even thought to look at Travelzoo lately! I will have to see if Steve is interested in maybe having a brunch there on one of our mornings......we have been three times now (most recently on the October trip) and had a great experience on every visit. At half price, its a steal!

Yay! I finally caught up! Really enjoying all the updates as usual. Interesting to see the differences with the dinner shows, shame Pirates was so quiet for you. Its been years since we went there and couldnt believe the cost of it now. It would be fun for you seeing the theme parks with the kids, we kind of miss ours being those ages now as it is all just so magical for them!

Steve would like to do the Sleuth's Dinner Show someday as well.......I don't foresee us fitting it in on either of our trips in 2017, but it might make 2018's itinerary at some point. It looks like we'd enjoy the theme of that event.

You'll see lots more of the kiddos in the next several entries. We introduced them to Disney Springs, Discovery Cove and Aquatica all before they headed home to Canada....and they also went to our second MNSSHP, though we didn't manage to run into them the entire night!

And here's my comments for the last 10+ pages :rotfl:

This was easily the best parade spot we had ever had at a Disney park…..and having the castle magically illuminated in the distance gave an unbelievable charm to the whole event.

We did the dessert party in 2015 and I agree that spot is amazing!

The parade itself was pretty much unchanged from the one we saw at the 2015 MNSSHP’s, but that was fine with us: we found ourselves singing along to Boo To You and It’s Good To Be Bad (I can’t carry a tune in a bucket, but hey…..I’ll never see these people again, right?). Unchanged from last year or not, it was entertaining and colourful and very, very Halloween-y.

I love the parade too! I'm glad it doesn't change I have the "Boo to you" music on a playlist :rolleyes1

Probably the biggest question anyone has about the dessert party is "was it worth it". That's a tough question to answer. It does take quite a bit of time away from party activities, so it admittedly affects the number of character meet and ride opportunities that you will be able to squeeze in over the course of the evening. The fact that we were attending two parties made it so we had two nights to fit in all of our must-do's, so that definitely helped make the dessert party down-time not such a big deal. The desserts were incredible an we loved the parade viewing area and being able to relax and truly enjoy the fireworks, but the price was steep at $79 per person on top of our MNSSHP tickets. Overall, we did really enjoy the splurge and were glad we had the experience at least once. Would we do it again? It's hard to say
cid:6E748CF4-BA05-49AC-ACD1-9F6FE2E64771@mobilenotes.apple.com
. Definitely not if we just had one party night at our disposal, but if we had two ..... its possible
cid:863451B3-18CC-473D-A73F-57D9136264D0@mobilenotes.apple.com

We did it once and it was great but we probably wouldn't do it again. We had also planned 2 party nights that year but only made it to 1.

Now, let me preface my next comments by saying that I was quite impressed that housekeeping left us a towel animal: this was totally unexpected and well exceeded our expectations from a timeshare resort. Kudos to the staff: they definitely went above and beyond
cid:04B52F53-5D15-4082-8DD6-E2D1B04BA9DD@mobilenotes.apple.com

This specific towel creation, though, gave us both a fit of giggles that left us with tears running down our faces and laughter pains in our sides. What the heck was it supposed to be? We had a few ideas, but none of them can be posted here
cid:CE429019-8982-4F0B-8161-3A8DD7652F21@mobilenotes.apple.com
. I took a quick photo of it and uploaded it to Facebook, looking for some help from my hopefully more pure-minded friends to see if they could help me deduce which animal (?) it was supposed to represent. My Facebook peeps responded in droves, with guesses ranging from an elephant to a serpent to a swan……and a few who spoke aloud our thoughts and suggested something a little less……wholesome
cid:E0590F01-AA34-4BEF-A81D-ABDFA15EFC26@mobilenotes.apple.com
(ahem!
cid:C33D7ABD-956F-42F0-81D5-9622603BED15@mobilenotes.apple.com
). At any rate, we laughed about this for the rest of the trip, and it occupied a place of honour in the master bath until we checked out after our 7-night stay.

Oh my that does look very inappropriate. :rotfl:My best appropriate guess is a narwhal...

Chicago is definitely a must-do now that we're in SE Michigan. Its a very workable drive and there's so much I want to see there. Navy Pier, the Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo.....oh, I could easily spend a week!

I'm going to chicago next weekend for the first time! We may see Shedd Aquarium, sadly it'll be too cold for the zoo.

Steve just got his 2017 vacation dates approved this morning (well, two of his five weeks anyway). We will be in Orlando the first week of May (arriving either the last Saturday or Sunday in April.....booking flights is on my to-do list for the day)

Yay! We'll be there May 5th-13th. Universal the first 2 days (with a trip to DS on the 1st day for a dismeet). We should try to meet up on the 5th or 6th!

Thanks for that great info. The only day that might impact us would be the Sunday, but we'll just plan for that to be an early park day and do something fun for dinner. I wonder if they are taking reservations for Toothsome yet?
cid:D32E0768-83CD-44EC-BE10-DF5F069217A8@mobilenotes.apple.com
I will bet it will be PACKED that weekend after the park closes to the public.

Steve wants to go back to the Skeletons Museum at the Eye complex in May. We visited it once during the first few weeks it was open, and they were still putting the finishing touches on some of the exhibits. Since we've done the Eye 3 times, Sea Life twice, and Tussauds twice, Skeletons would be our next repeat. We might try and combine that with a meal at either the Shake Shack or Sugar Factory
cid:D907C814-1E1C-4DE7-8037-51D08C31203B@mobilenotes.apple.com

No reservations for Toothsome as of the last time I was there. We thought the Skeleton Museum was fun, we had the place basically to ourselves when we went. Shake Shack is so good! I still have yet to try the Sugar Factory.

The food at Capone’s was really, REALLY good: not only did they have a full pasta buffet (spaghetti, meatballs, lasagna, etc.) they also offered an amazing carving station (with beef, turkey, and pork) and a nice selection of kid-friendly items and sides: everything from mashed potatoes and fresh salads to chicken nuggets and pizza . Even I, and admittedly selective eater, was overwhelmed by the sheer number of Italian comfort foods available, which meant I had to be selective on which items I chose to eat. There was NO WAY my stomach was going to handle sampling a little bit of everything I liked. As a VIP guest, we were first to the buffet so everything was piping hot with each tray full to the brim. The chefs at the carving station were equally as charming as the servers in the lounge and dining area, and it was very uplifting to see every worker, from greeters to the kitchen staff, wholeheartedly enjoying their jobs.

Sounds yummy!

Steve was about 12 rum runners in when Miss Jewel decided he needed to join her on stage to be her dance partner. I won’t lie: I had a little flutter of panic inside, because she was pretty tiny and Steve was almost 300 pounds…..and he had consumed enough alcohol since the night began to make him less than sure-footed by this point in the night
cid:294C1091-116C-4DD9-93B9-0351B00A0EBE@mobilenotes.apple.com
. If he happened to stumble, Miss Jewel could be a dead woman. Apparently all my worries were for naught, though, as even being three sheets to the wind, my Steve cut a rug like a professional dancer
cid:F0834914-6336-47AA-8397-67CEB13EF7A9@mobilenotes.apple.com

:rotfl:

The other highlight of the night was when Steve noticed that Fingers’ fly was down……and after pondering if it was part of the act (eventually enough time passed that we realized it wasn’t), during an informal part of the show, Steve ….. from his stage-side seat ….. very calmly tossed out “Hey Fingers, your barn door is open”. The fellow that played Fingers didn’t miss a beat, promptly zipped his fly, and expertly wove that little faux pas into the balance of the night’s entertainment
cid:B8BF7801-93A0-49F4-9F7B-1899FF7E7084@mobilenotes.apple.com

cid:CE848E77-A226-441C-97BC-A3A02F3F6B95@mobilenotes.apple.com

It was the newspaper that did it for us: what a unique souvenir of such an incredible night. After we moved to Michigan, I was able to special order a frame to accommodate the unusual dimensions of the newspaper and it now holds a place of honour in our entryway. I am sure it will end up being a great conversation piece……..when I actually meet some people here and start having guests over
cid:EFD00773-523F-4132-9DCF-8683285A3996@mobilenotes.apple.com

I love it!

We are keeping an interested eye out to see if Disney offers their Disney After Hours event on any day (most likely, the Thursday) of our upcoming spring week. Steve wants me to buy tickets if they extend it into early May. I'm not sure if I'm hoping they do or if I'm hoping they don't.....it sounds like a fun splurge but not a cheap one.

I want to do it too! I'm also a little torn about the cost and other plans we may have that night but it could be the only time they offer it so I'd probably go. :scratchin

And for those in the storm areas today, stay in and stay safe from Stella. She passed through SE Michigan yesterday but thankfully we only got about 4 inches total. I'm hearing 2 feet is possible for some parts of the northern US
cid:A640D207-AB75-448B-97DF-408DD9013D61@mobilenotes.apple.com
. Didn't Mother Nature get the memo that we were all ready for spring?

Ugh we got 2'+ around here. :scared1:

That hat is so cute!

:welcome:, my friend.....I am so glad you found me!!

Absolutely I'd be happy to add you on Facebook! :thumbsup2 I will PM you my last name, and I'll be easy to find.......its a bit unusual so its generally easier for people to find me rather than the other way around.

DLuxe Burger is one of Steve's must-do's in April/May, and we're both excited to give it a try. If I have my way, it will be followed up by a Sprinkles cupcake :teeth:.

Looking forward to have you reading and commenting along from here!!

Ok! I'll add you! While the Sprinkles cupcakes were good what really hit the spot for me after DLuxe Burger was one of those little cakes from Amorettes! It was much more moist and had more flavor than the cupcake I had at Sprinkles.

Your day at Seaworld with the kids looks like a lot of fun.

As far as Bruce goes he said 'no pictures pls'. Actually I didn't talk to him and would not have asked for a pic anyway. He was with his family. We think that possibly they were there for the grand reopening of Planet Hollywood. Brittany Spears was there with her sister and all their kids.

Thursday, October 20th (the conclusion)

After taking some time to freshen up and relax for a short spell, we hopped in the car and headed up International Drive to our dinner destination for the evening: Texas de Brazil.

14937476_10155156461891416_1951280818639048035_n.jpg

After a day of frolicking with the nieces and nephew, this more adult-focused restaurant was quite a nice choice to help achieve some balance ::yes::. While kids are most welcome at Texas de Brazil, I think the price and nature of the meal make it more of an adult destination versus a family dining choice.

Steve was pretty excited about eating here for the first time; I was more wary. We had dined several trips prior at a similar restaurant, an Argentinian Churriscaria (The Knife) and we left woefully disappointed :sad2:. The meats there had been grizzly and fatty, the service disappointing, and the atmosphere chaotic. We were both keeping our expectations a little more managed this time around: better to be wowed than to be let down.

994753_10155156460576416_3699379779998625230_n.jpg

It was surprisingly empty when we walked in….something we did not expect, especially when it was after 5:30 in the evening :confused3. We obviously arrived right at the start of the dinner hour [And as a side note….the restaurant did fill up noticeably as soon as we were seated….timing is everything].

It was very elegant, very peaceful, and very lovely. The staff were courteous, attentive, and low-key, and we felt instantly relaxed. We were off to a splendid start :goodvibes.

Our server brought us our drinks and invited us to partake in the salad an antipasto bar (all unlimited). Steve took advantage of the offerings there, but I took a pass. He gave rave reviews for taste and freshness on everything he tried.

14732266_10155156460566416_1970030514920693392_n.jpg

Within a few minutes, our server quietly appeared with a selection of hot items for our table: mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and freshly baked cheese bread bites. As he set each bowl on the table, he encouraged us to let us know when we needed more of any item, and he would have it refilled promptly. He also noted that the first of the meat items would be along shortly, and to let either himself or any of the carvers know if anything should be prepared for our specific tastes.

14955798_10155156461171416_7647926365634816956_n.jpg

I have to add some comments about these sides: in particular, the cheese bread and the fried bananas, both which were AMAZING :worship:. Seriously, they were spectacularly good: I could have easily made a meal on those two items alone.

Our server had provided us each with a two-sided card to signal to the meat carvers when we were ready for them to stop at our table with the parade of meat items: various presentations of pork, beef, chicken and lamb.

http://www.texasdebrazil.com/menu/meats/

14963347_10155156461161416_5542367849192597734_n.jpg

Green indicated you were ready for more, while red notified the servers to pass you by. A great system that allowed us to enjoy a non-invasive meal :thumbsup2.

I am happy to report that we both loved this dinner: it surpassed expectations in every way. The meats were lean and flavourful (and there was no problem getting a serving of beef cooked exactly as you liked it: Steve was able to enjoy his medium rare while I received perfectly cooked and ridiculously tasty portions well done), everything was deliciously tender, and the serving staff had perfected the art of caring for a table without being intrusive. There was not one thing that I tried that I didn’t like: and for a rather finicky eater like me, that’s saying something. Steve was in meat heaven and tried almost everything that was offered, and loving it all.

Desserts were not included with the meal, but were offered a la carte once we had turned the table cards to red and pushed our bloated bellies away from the table. While their sweets looked and sounded delicious, we both declined for fear that we might surely explode on the spot if another bite went into our mouths.

14947949_10155156461906416_4396132714813562852_n.jpg

Steve was smiling ear-to-ear as we left. I think he has found his new favourite restaurant.

While the price per person is definitely on the higher side, we both agreed that the cost was more than reasonable for the dining experience received. We had signed up for their email club in advance of our trip, and received a coupon for $25 off our first visit, so with that special offer applied, our fabulous dinner ended up being a spectacular value :thumbsup2.

Texas de Brazil is located as a stand-alone building in a small outlet strip mall, so we decided to walk off some of our dinner at a few of the stores since it wasn’t yet too late. We picked up a few items at the American Eagle outlet store for Jake, which we knew would make him a happy boy upon our return home. With packages in hand and our weariness starting to fully kick in (a day of mogging about the park combined with the warm temperatures and our large dinner was definitely accelerating the onset of vacation exhaustion :faint:) we headed to the car and began our drive back to Cypress Palms for the final time. Tomorrow, we would be checking out of WCP and moving back “home” to Sheraton Vistana Resort :banana:.

Making the turn off the 192, that dastardly light was glowing brightly and Steve was drawn to it like a mosquito to a patio zapper. Rather than continuing down Scott Boulevard to the Cypress Palms turn-off, Steve pulled a quick right into the parking lot of this place:

14956564_10155156463836416_8376711901265829452_n.jpg

Seriously, man? :confused: :eek: After a meal like that, you can actually think about eating donuts?? Sigh.

14937258_10155156464066416_8125777592612546891_n.jpg

14947741_10155156464146416_8780918360406426938_n.jpg

The hot donuts were happily rolling off the conveyor, so we purchased a half-dozen: two hot for Steve to devour immediately, and four fun specialties to enjoy after a swim in the pool and a soak in the hot tub. While Steve’s cast iron stomach could endure a sweet treat that soon after our massive dinner, mine most certainly could not :sick:.

14915681_10155156462661416_472023963950367290_n.jpg

14956435_10155156463831416_7405189434833846633_n.jpg

I couldn’t resist the adorable monsters, available for a limited time in the spirit of Halloween. So cute.

14947907_10155156463726416_242101208475336144_n.jpg

Back at the resort, we hopped into our swimsuits, texted Joe and Lisa to let them know we were back, and headed out to the pool. They never did make it out to join us that night: apparently they had all crashed after their swim and dinner, and had decided to turn in and get rested up instead. We enjoyed a quiet soak in the hot tub (once again, we had the whole area to ourselves……does no one ever swim at this resort?!?!?), had a very exciting armadillo sighting (coolest thing EVER as it strolled by the hot tub! Never seen a real live one before! :cool1:), and then headed back to enjoy a Krispy Kreme and a glass of milk before calling it a night.

Next up, a humbling history lesson before heading “home”.

14909941_10155141402791416_1157890619387050233_n.jpg

I have so been looking forward to your Texas de Brazil review, and so glad it didn't disappoint! We have a Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse in a nearby town and have been several times...so, so good, but so much food! We had been curious about The Knife before, but I'm glad we didn't go, as none of the reviews have been good. I am always looking for new places to try, but we have so many must-do places that we often run out of time! If you like those yummy fried plantains, you can also get them at Pollo Tropical in Kissimmee and near I-Drive. We have seriously fallen IN LOVE with their food, and the prices are really cheap. Looking forward to reading more!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner, what meats were on offer other than beef? I'm not a big meat eater so not sure it would be value fir me.

As for the donuts, well I watched out for the sign too on our last trip but never saw it the couple of times we passed a Krisp Kreme :rolleyes:

Within a few minutes, our server quietly appeared with a selection of hot items for our table: mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and freshly baked cheese bread bites. As he set each bowl on the table, he encouraged us to let us know when we needed more of any item, and he would have it refilled promptly. He also noted that the first of the meat items would be along shortly, and to let either himself or any of the carvers know if anything should be prepared for our specific tastes.

14955798_10155156461171416_7647926365634816956_n.jpg

I have to add some comments about these sides: in particular, the cheese bread and the fried bananas, both which were AMAZING :worship:. Seriously, they were spectacularly good: I could have easily made a meal on those two items alone.

They're delicious!

Desserts were not included with the meal, but were offered a la carte once we had turned the table cards to red and pushed our bloated bellies away from the table. While their sweets looked and sounded delicious, we both declined for fear that we might surely explode on the spot if another bite went into our mouths.

14947949_10155156461906416_4396132714813562852_n.jpg

Steve was smiling ear-to-ear as we left. I think he has found his new favourite restaurant.

We've eaten there twice for Josh's birthday and he loves it! I tried dessert once and it was okay but the meal is usually waaaay too filling for it.

Seriously, man? :confused: :eek: After a meal like that, you can actually think about eating donuts?? Sigh.

14937258_10155156464066416_8125777592612546891_n.jpg

14947741_10155156464146416_8780918360406426938_n.jpg

And here's my comments for the last 10+ pages :rotfl:

We did the dessert party in 2015 and I agree that spot is amazing!

I love the parade too! I'm glad it doesn't change I have the "Boo to you" music on a playlist :rolleyes1

We did it once and it was great but we probably wouldn't do it again. We had also planned 2 party nights that year but only made it to 1.

Oh my that does look very inappropriate. :rotfl:My best appropriate guess is a narwhal...

I'm going to chicago next weekend for the first time! We may see Shedd Aquarium, sadly it'll be too cold for the zoo.

Yay! We'll be there May 5th-13th. Universal the first 2 days (with a trip to DS on the 1st day for a dismeet). We should try to meet up on the 5th or 6th.

No reservations for Toothsome as of the last time I was there. We thought the Skeleton Museum was fun, we had the place basically to ourselves when we went. Shake Shack is so good! I still have yet to try the Sugar Factory.

Sounds yummy!

I love it!

I want to do it too! I'm also a little torn about the cost and other plans we may have that night but it could be the only time they offer it so I'd probably go. :scratchin
Ugh we got 2'+ around here. :scared1:

That hat is so cute!

We'd definitely be up for a Dismeet on the 5th! :thumbsup2 The 6th is probably out, as we will be checking out of SVR by 10 and heading back to Fort Lauderdale for our flight, but maybe we can pick somewhere in Citywalk for dinner on the Friday night? Or even a quick hello somewhere in the park that day. I'll try to remember to PM you my cell before we leave so you can text me.

2 feet of snow.....good grief :(. Ours is already melting away, so I guess I won't complain.....too much.

Ok! I'll add you! While the Sprinkles cupcakes were good what really hit the spot for me after DLuxe Burger was one of those little cakes from Amorettes! It was much more moist and had more flavor than the cupcake I had at Sprinkles.

Ooooh, good idea! I had forgotten about Amorettes. Was it very pricey?

Your day at Seaworld with the kids looks like a lot of fun.

As far as Bruce goes he said 'no pictures pls'. Actually I didn't talk to him and would not have asked for a pic anyway. He was with his family. We think that possibly they were there for the grand reopening of Planet Hollywood. Brittany Spears was there with her sister and all their kids.

Safe travels home, my friend. I hope you had a spectacular trip and a safe flight and drive home. I sure wish you were coming back to better weather here.

I have so been looking forward to your Texas de Brazil review, and so glad it didn't disappoint! We have a Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse in a nearby town and have been several times...so, so good, but so much food! We had been curious about The Knife before, but I'm glad we didn't go, as none of the reviews have been good. I am always looking for new places to try, but we have so many must-do places that we often run out of time! If you like those yummy fried plantains, you can also get them at Pollo Tropical in Kissimmee and near I-Drive. We have seriously fallen IN LOVE with their food, and the prices are really cheap. Looking forward to reading more!

You are the second person to give Pollo Tropical a thumbs up. We may have to give them a try one of these trips (so far, I haven't seen one around here in MI....though we do have a Bahama Breeze right up the street).

So far, I think the only new place we have on deck for April/May is the NBC Sports Grill & Brew at CityWalk and *maybe* the Kitchen at Hard Rock. I'd love to go on a night where they have characters at the Kitchen :).

Glad you enjoyed your dinner, what meats were on offer other than beef? I'm not a big meat eater so not sure it would be value fir me.

As for the donuts, well I watched out for the sign too on our last trip but never saw it the couple of times we passed a Krisp Kreme :rolleyes:

Your waistline was much luckier than mine.....more than once that week I wondered if they ever turned that sign OFF :confused3.

There were a lot of non-beef options, all of which I appreciated as well (I don't dislike beef, but I eat it sparingly).

They had:

Filet Mignon

Filet Mignon Wrapped in Bacon

Braised Beef Ribs

Lamb Chops

Pork Ribs

Brazilian Picanha

Garlic Picanha

Brazilian Sausage

Leg of Lamb

Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon

Parmesan Drumettes

Parmesan-Crusted Pork Loin

Flank Steak

Herb-Marinated Pork Loin

Brazilian Alcatra

Chicken Sausage

The Parmesan crusted pork loin and bacon wrapped chicken were incredible.

They're delicious!

We've eaten there twice for Josh's birthday and he loves it! I tried dessert once and it was okay but the meal is usually waaaay too filling for it.

If I was a betting woman, I'd wager that they don't sell a whole lot of dessert. When the mains are so good, who leaves room for sweets? :confused:

We'd definitely be up for a Dismeet on the 5th! :thumbsup2 The 6th is probably out, as we will be checking out of SVR by 10 and heading back to Fort Lauderdale for our flight, but maybe we can pick somewhere in Citywalk for dinner on the Friday night? Or even a quick hello somewhere in the park that day. I'll try to remember to PM you my cell before we leave so you can text me.

2 feet of snow.....good grief :(. Ours is already melting away, so I guess I won't complain.....too much.

Ooooh, good idea! I had forgotten about Amorettes. Was it very pricey?

I can do the 5th! But we already have a dismeet in DS for dinner :sad2: we'll be getting in around 1 (though the flight usually gets in earlier) and probably be headed to lunch/the parks by 2 pm the latest. Maybe we could meet for lunch or in the parks?

I want to do so much that first day maybe we'll switch to an earlier flight :rotfl:

I know the snow was crazy here!

Amorettes was around $8 a mini cake which I didn't think was terrible.

Wow Texas de Brazil sounds like quite a step up from The Knife! I have never been to a brazilian steakhouse like that but it sounds amazing. There are a few (with varying levels of clout and success) around Atlanta but they are so pricy they are really for a special occasion and I always seem to wind up elsewhere. May have to investigate sometime! I can't believe no one was ever out swimming (except for your armadillo friend). Florida has a lot of wildlife - we saw a very friendly raccoon when we were in Orlando in January!!!

Thanks for the list of goods at Texas de Brazil, its very extensive. I'm more a chicken person so at least that's on the menu!

I can do the 5th! But we already have a dismeet in DS for dinner :sad2: we'll be getting in around 1 (though the flight usually gets in earlier) and probably be headed to lunch/the parks by 2 pm the latest. Maybe we could meet for lunch or in the parks?

I want to do so much that first day maybe we'll switch to an earlier flight :rotfl:

I know the snow was crazy here!

Amorettes was around $8 a mini cake which I didn't think was terrible.

Meeting in the park would work perfectly for us. Maybe we can plan to get together at Florean Fortescue's and say hello over some Butterbeer ice cream?

That's a very reasonable price for a bakery-quality cake. I am going to have to research flavours.

Wow Texas de Brazil sounds like quite a step up from The Knife! I have never been to a brazilian steakhouse like that but it sounds amazing. There are a few (with varying levels of clout and success) around Atlanta but they are so pricy they are really for a special occasion and I always seem to wind up elsewhere. May have to investigate sometime! I can't believe no one was ever out swimming (except for your armadillo friend). Florida has a lot of wildlife - we saw a very friendly raccoon when we were in Orlando in January!!!

The dinner price was $48.99 per person (doesn't include beverages, of course) but with the $25 welcome coupon, that brought it down to under $75 for the two of us before tax, tip and drinks. Fairly high for offsite dining but for the quality, very fair for sure. Less than Chef Mickey's, though, so maybe a good Orlando value after all? :scratchin

Racoons drive me bonkers. They are everywhere here in the north, and would get into our garbage cans on a regular basis when we lived in Canada. Don't believe the "critter proof" claims from the manufacturers of those cans.....its baloney! (or our Canadian raccoons are smarter than your average bear LOL) A little related (but not really) fact: Michigan has possums. Never seen one before, but a huge one (or, it looked huge to me.....maybe they are all that big? :confused:) was hit and killed at the entrance to our little community a week or so ago, and I've never been so intrigued by road kill in my life. And yes, I realize that makes me sound weird.

Thanks for the list of goods at Texas de Brazil, its very extensive. I'm more a chicken person so at least that's on the menu!

I'm partial to chicken as well, but the pork was all white meat and surprisingly good. I'm actually surprised, however, that they don't have a few more chicken options than they do. I would think many people have similar tastes to you and I, and prefer white meat over red.

Looks like a great day at Sea World, so nice the park was not super busy. Of course, I love your dining review, looks really yummy. I love Krispy Kreme donuts, sure wish we had one around here!

In a little trip-planning news.....I have had some good success over the past few days in getting some very acceptable rates on car rentals for our April/May trip. I have been faithfully running rates on a daily basis and (so far) there's been a slow and steady drop. I am currently holding three different reservations [still not sure on which vehicle type we will go with]:

- a full size with Alamo for $150
- a premium with Dollar for $172
- an SUV with Thrifty for $178.50

I'm pretty sure the SUV will win out. The extra space will be well worth the small amount of extra money.

I've also been hitting the gym here at our onsite Clubhouse every night, trying to firm up a little of the winter flab that's accumulated more than I care to admit. While I've never considered myself a treadmill kind of girl, I've actually been enjoying the nightly routine. I am doing between 2.5 and 3 miles daily, figuring even if it doesn't do much for my figure, it will at least have me a bit better prepared for all the walking at the parks :thumbsup2.

Looks like a great day at Sea World, so nice the park was not super busy. Of course, I love your dining review, looks really yummy. I love Krispy Kreme donuts, sure wish we had one around here!

Thankfully, the closest one to us here in Michigan is a half an hour away......otherwise we'd find ourselves there MUCH too often!! :blush:

A) I didn't even know we have a Texas de Brazil here.

B) Umm those donut photos are making this whole "Low sugar" (as i'm finding out that's what I love more than the soda I gave up for lent) thing hard! I really want donuts now!

Meeting in the park would work perfectly for us. Maybe we can plan to get together at Florean Fortescue's and say hello over some Butterbeer ice cream?

That's a very reasonable price for a bakery-quality cake. I am going to have to research flavours.

Ok! That sounds good! I've been planning to go back to Floreans we'll just head there after lunch.

It's about the size of a cupcake but I thought it was reasonable too. They are great quality.

Racoons drive me bonkers. They are everywhere here in the north, and would get into our garbage cans on a regular basis when we lived in Canada. Don't believe the "critter proof" claims from the manufacturers of those cans.....its baloney! (or our Canadian raccoons are smarter than your average bear LOL) A little related (but not really) fact: Michigan has possums. Never seen one before, but a huge one (or, it looked huge to me.....maybe they are all that big? :confused:) was hit and killed at the entrance to our little community a week or so ago, and I've never been so intrigued by road kill in my life. And yes, I realize that makes me sound weird.

So weirdest thing ever we saw a possum in our neighbors flower box this winter! I had never seen one in person either.

IMG_1668.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter