Don't want to wait in lines? Follow us! 10 day Picture Tutorial.

McQueen decided this was his favorite thing of the day. So I was glad we had stayed and went. He was sitting on my lap so he didn't feel the bugs crawling under your backside (I'm not sure if that would have freaked him out or not). But a note of advice. We went into the holding area right before the parade was about to start. When we came out the parade was in full swing and we were trapped.:sad2: So we had to wait in the stroller parking area with the other trapped parents until the parade was over. And we weren't close enough to actually see the parade. Fortunately, it wasn't too long and only mildly frustrating. So just be forewarned if it is parade time.

Hiya! I know I'm supposed to be writing about Donald & I and our date night. But we got our Photopass and Donald consolidated all photos, ours & Photopass & Suzy & Milos onto one disk so I suddenly have access to lots more photos. I won't inject tons but I just wanted to add a few that I certainly would have used had I had them when I was writing my first few chapters.

This is walking off the monorail on our first day in parks. Suzy & Milo bought this hat at Disney years ago when Charming was 4 or so. So it had big nostalgia and random people kept spinning his propeller all day. Loved this hat, loved our Minnie Mouse ears. It's just a great way to start a day at Disney. Looking like fools.

I know I said we rushed right in & rode Dumbo but you know, I think we must have stopped and got a photo after all. LOVED these shirts. We're still wearing ours regularly.
image013.jpg

And here is our wonderful meeting with Ariel. Mulan just a chitchatting away about something & I'm trying to be unobtrusive to their little moment they are having.

image022.jpg

And here is one of only a handful of Blizzard Beach photos. We have waterproof cameras which aren't turned in yet with the rest. Hmmm, I better put that on the to do list before the scrapbooking begins next week.

image030.jpg

OK, Day 2 in parks. Here is a shot of Devine's face

DSCN2948.jpg

And here is the waiting area outside of Tusker House where the plant life drifted from above.

100_0169.jpg

This is Goofy trying to play peek a boo with Boo who was not amused.

100_0171.jpg

And here is one of my favorite Photopass photos of our whole group.

image073.jpg

My question is why does Donald look surprised when asked to growl like a tiger. Maybe he got confused & thought they wanted us to look like we saw a tiger growl. Then we would be surprised.

Each kid got one of these done but my favorite is Mcqueen. By far.

image077.jpg

Here is where we got ice cream. This was in the morning so it was closed. We went back later & got ice cream but, of course, we didn't take a photo then as who wants to take the time when there is ice cream to eat?

100_0167.jpg

I love this shot! So cool. Wish we'd been with them & gotten one too. Oh well. We'll do it next time when Boo can play the part of the scary Yeti.

image096.jpg

OK. Our date is coming up, I promise. Tonight.

Shoot. They are all little. Well, that's what ya'll get for getting bonus photos. Too bad, I'm not resizing them.

I had some events cancel for me this weekend so now all I have is a dinner tomorrow at 2 p.m. and I just have to make homemade rolls & a pork loin & ham which are things I'm good at. And I have to set my table. And my neice is here which means my girls have disappeared for the entire weekend to their bedrooms. And my sister-in-law & her fam are coming on Friday but we will mostly watch movies and chill.

So that means I can work a bit on my TR tonight. Maybe I can even get two chapters done!

So, our date night.

We zipped home from AK which is very close to Windsor Hills so we were really there in a flash. I threw my clothes in the dryer to iron them, I don't iron at home so I definitely wasn't ironing on vacation. Then I hopped in the shower and tried to make my hair cute.

Side track on my hair. I'm a die hard short hair person. I liked long straight hair in my 20's but now that I'm in my 30's I think the long hair is over & I have a hair cut I love. So. I got my hair cut for Yellowstone but Boo plays with my hair and the short hair required Boo to be in my face to play with my hair. It was awful. So I'm in the process of growing my hair out right now cause I figure I've got another year or two of her playing with it. And I'm really struggling with being/feeling cute right now because of this. So the hair took awhile longer than I prefer and it still didn't look that great.

OK, I know ya'll don't really care about that but seriously, I spent like a half hour cursing that baby on this evening.

So here is what we looked like:
CIMG3441.jpg

Our intention was to get to Downtown Disney and picked up our tickets to Cirque at Will Call and then shop for a bit. But when we got there, like 30-45 minutes early, there were lots of people already there and they were already going inside. We figured they must all know something we didn't so we skipped the shopping and went in. It was about a quarter full. And they did know something we didn't.

CIMG3442.jpg

First of all, people watching was fascinating. There was a family in front of us who had decided to eat at the show. They were seated on the aisle of their row. So they are all dressed nicely balancing giant (overpriced, I'm sure) sodas and hotdogs and basic yuckiness on their laps. And just when they would get settled, someone would come to get to their seats which were past this family. So they would all stand up, hotdogs, drinks, popcorn, etc. balancing here & there. It just seemed awful & stressful. They were having a good time but I found them fascinating. I watched them the whole time.

I kept saying things to Donald like, "Why wouldn't you just come here early & eat at Earl of Sandwich?" "How could you not know that eat a hotdog in a fancy dress on the aisle with small kids wouldn't be stressful?" "Don't they know what kind of wonderful food is available right here?" Finally Donald says, "Honey, not everybody has a plan." :lmao:

Secondly, the show actually starts about 15 minutes before it says it starts.

With these guys:
CIMG3443.jpg

These guys are central to the whole show, they are the time fillers while sets are changing and they entertain pre-show.

The following photos are not supposed to be taken. But I, of course, had to try and get a few photos. I didn't use flash and I kept it low to not distract anyone but in the last 5 minutes of the show an usher behind me told me not to take photos. So don't take photos here. I mainly took video, which I'm sure was totally illegal. Oops.

CIMG3444.jpg

CIMG3452.jpg

CIMG3453.jpg

OK. What did I think of Cirque? That is a complicated question. First of all, would I go again? I would take someone else here. I would take my kids here. It is a unique show and well done. But personally, I have no desire to see it again.

Here is my basic thoughts. It is a circus. It's a high class, one ring circus. It's a fascinating circus, but I'm not sure I was grounded in the fact that this is a circus. And I'm not a huge fan of circuses.

Also, whatever the story is going on here is bizarre. A strongman and an cleaner and I don't even know what else. I felt like it was a museum with lots and lots of masterpieces presented for our viewing. But instead of being organized in any way they were just in a giant pile. So Rembrants and Picassos and Renoirs were all jumbled together and your brain had to struggle the entire time. Maybe that was the point. To make my mind struggle. But I like a good mind struggle if it ends in my mind being widen or enlightened. But I didn't feel enlightened at the end of this. My overwhelming feeling was that those were some pretty awesome circus performers.

Exiting Cirque was one of the least painful exiting of a venue ever. And I've exited a lot of venues. Somehow all of those seats just emptied instantly and there was no crush at all and we were on the sidewalk. And we were in the back, worst seats. Huh. It still baffles my mind how Disney does this kind of thing. And why they didn't consider doing it at Fantasmic. And Lion King.

So, the show ended and we were instantly on the street wandering towards Raglan Road where we had reservations. Pleasure Island was very sad. No clubs. No people. That kind of baffles me too. There was music BLASTING and lots of TV screens with videos going so that was a little fun. Tiny bit.

Raglan was packed. Lots of people and I got a bit concerned. I told the host that we were interested in hearing the band. Our reservation was for 7:45. We got there at 7:48. We were seated at 7:50 right next to the band which was warming up as they started at 8:00. I call that perfect timing.

Our waiter's name was Pedro. When the seater told us his name I mentioned to Donald that it is weird to come to an Irish place and have Pedro as your waiter. Then our waiter came and he was very American, and looked Irish. So I just had to ask. Why is your name Pedro?

Come to find out he is native Floridian and he is part Cuban and the majority Euro-American hodge podge. He was informative. He was a tiny bit odd, that was our overwhelming feeling, but for the life of me I can't remember why we felt that way.

He told us that everything in Raglan Rd was from Ireland. The 300 year old bar was from an Irish pharmacy and he was it still smells like lavender. We didn't go smell it. But you can if you want to.

We started with the League of Nations.

CIMG3460.jpg

Kronenbourg - Tasted like an American beer, like a Bud.
Strongbow Cider - My favorite. It was a bit sweet and I mostly drank it all.
Stella Artois - It was neat. Citrus flavored. Interesting.
Smithwicks - a little darker with lots of flavor. Not my thing.

I ordered the Serious Sirloin Steak. A 10 oz with Irish Whiskey glaze and fresh basil oil. Mashed potatoes and onion straws. This was amazing. Absolutely perfect. It didn't even need salt. It was perfect. I ate every single bite. Every bite.

CIMG3467.jpg

Donald had fish and chips. Which he just thought was OK. Guess he should have read reviews on here and then he would have known what to get! The other issue is that long ago he ate lots of grease and this would have been a natural choice. But he isn't really a greasy eater anymore. So I don't think it was bad, it just was something he shouldn't have ordered.

CIMG3466.jpg

And Tusker Rock, the band, was also fabulous. The bohdrhain (can't remember how to spell this drum) player was sitting next to me, almost at our table. He kept winking at me. Oops. It was all my fault because I requested an Irish love song that I love. And I guess that made me special.

Here is the view from my seat:
CIMG3459.jpg

The view from Donald's seat:
CIMG3458.jpg

There also was an Irish dancer. It was just a fabulous place.

I loved this place. I would go again & again. Not sure Donald felt that way. That being said, lets talk dessert. One reason I booked this place, other than the band, was because Donald loves bread pudding. He never gets it at home because it is terrible for you so I refuse to make it. Well, according to Disboards, Raglan was a killer bread pudding. So I tell him he has to order it.

Well, it's 9:00 and he just had lots of fatty fried stuff so he says no way. I probably would have to. So we asked Pedro if we could order it to go and he said yes. So we took it home and popped it in the fridge and that was the last I ever heard about that bread pudding.

Until the drive home from the airport where we all went over our favorites. What was your favorite thing you ate?

Donald, "I'd say most definitely the bread pudding from Raglan."

Thank you. Thank you very much. I know my dh & I know my Disney. Trust me people. I know what I'm doing. It's kind of like last year when Boo was 6 months old & being a pain in the neck and he had to take her outside of Le Cellier. After I ate my dessert I made him go back in & eat his maple creme brulee. Did he want to? Nope. We had a big fight about it. But what was his favorite dessert of the week? Yup. You guessed it. After school bread.

So. Back to the TR currently in progress. We didn't have kids. And it was only 9:00 p.m. We should walk around. We should shop. Nah. We should just go home. I'm old and I'm tired.

Got home and chitchatted about Boo and her shampoo experience (Suzy can tell ya) and our night. And then I went to my blissful, uncomfortable bed. But when you are really tired, the quality of the bed just doesn't matter.

I like your hair very much!

Sounds like a fun date night! I love your take on Cirque.

Merry Christmas!:santa:

I like your hair very much!

Sounds like a fun date night! I love your take on Cirque.

Merry Christmas!:santa:

Thanks about the hair. It doesn't look too bad in that photo but I'm pretty sure that's the only time in looked good the whole trip. Maybe because it's the only time I spent longer than 2 seconds on it! :crazy:

And it was a good date night. In retrospect, I wish we had started earlier as we are not late night people. Then we could have wandered the stores holding hands and not chasing babies and then gone to Cirque. Oh well. There's always next anniversary to spend 5 hours by ourselves. :rotfl:

Love your trip report. Now I have to go back and catch up.

Thanks! More to come today!

Right now the whole family is watching the raw video footage and Donald is planning on working more on making a photo/video montage. We have movie making experience but he will be working on his brand new Mac so it'll take him awhile. I'm so excited, though. As soon as the kids go back to school Suzy, myself, and my cousin who just got back from her own trip (which went well) will be crazy Disney scrapbooking.

We are watching the AK Tusker House footage and Donald turned around & asked Boo if she wants to meet Daisy and she shook her head vigorously and climbed on top of me. But she is clapping to the AK music and otherwise enjoying herself. But she definitely hasn't forgotten how terrifying those giant characters were!

Day 4 started out relaxed. It was our Blizzard Beach/Disneyquest day and there was no need to rush as BB doesn’t open until 10:00. So I slept in. Until 7:00. Ha! It’s pitiful. Excitement makes sleeping in impossible. But I was just excited that when I woke up it wasn’t dark like it had been for the last 4 days. I just relaxed. Laid around. Played my DS.

At 8:30 I made eggs, sausage, and toast. And we drank our yummy juice. In the chaos that was Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving I had been on a quest for pulp-free orange juice. Anyone with a gaggle of kids knows that pulp-free juice is critical. In that determination to fight the crowds & grab the first bottle that said pulp-free on it, I accidentally got pineapple-orange juice. When I put the groceries away and noticed my error I was quite concerned as I don’t know the boys preferences. But this juice was amazing and it was guzzled down in an instant. I also ended up with way too much pepper in the eggs because I was unfamiliar with the little disposable salt and pepper shakers we had bought. But that too ended up being a tasty mistake and the kids gobbled up the eggs too.

Here is Boo killing time by sitting on the dining table and playing with the Winnie the Pooh cards. When we first came into the house we removed anything breakable and put it either high or behind closed door. I wonder why...
CIMG3468.jpg

By 9:40 a.m. we were dressed, well fed, and in the vehicles. By 9:50 we were parked at BB. Two notes, first parking is free here. Secondly, if you get there early you can park right next to the entrance. Quite nice.

It was very windy. Because of Jack-Jack’s ear infection Suzy & I decided to park at Ski Patrol and try to stay out of the wind. She & I and the two babies chilled in the zero entry area and chitchatted about our great time so far, how chilly it was, and all the people who were slowly entering. And the rest went to ride all the big slides.

One thing that was interesting to us was a European family who was able to change out of street clothing and into bathing suits right there in public without in any way being immodest. It was incredibly impressive. How can you switch out of bra & panties into and Speedo swimming suit without showing any skin showing? Don’t know. But I know it can be done because I saw a family do it.

We were also amused by the lady who had teenagers and she was in charge of the stuff, being mom, of course she was in charge of the stuff. She had a downsized backpack which was so full of stuff the zipper was breaking. I pondered her for awhile. And pondered my future. Honestly, I think when my kids are teens I won’t carry anything but my cell & money. Lots of money. And they will have to carry their own junk or do without. With a stroller, I’m willing. I’m prepared. Without a stroller, carry your own junk. I’m no pack mule. That is going to be my future plan for sure.

After about an hour they all came back and we moved to the beach. After just a tiny bit it started raining and it was very spotty so we had our stuff under the shelter and we kept going to shelter, going to the water, going to the shelter, going to the water. The big kids & Dads were way far out in the big pool and weren’t bothered by the rain. After about a half hour the sun came our & the wind stopped. There weren’t any people and it was so nice. We just floated along. So enjoyable. The family decided to do one last slide & Boo and I just spent the time enjoying our floating.

After everyone was back and all packed up we grabbed a funnel cake to share on our way out. Everyone grabbed a few pieces and it took the edge off our hunger. Boo LOVED the funnel cake and when hers was gone she looked over and Jack-Jack still had a bite. She screamed her head off and tried to wrestle out of my arms so she could go steal his bite. She cried all the way to the car.

No photos of BB as there were no photopass people this day out because of the wind, I'm assuming, and we took our waterproof cameras and the film is still in them. Sorry.

When we got home it, which fortunately was only 10 minutes away, it was a crazy mad dash to get ham and cheese sandwiches and milk and cookies. We sat down with our food and checked out the news because it was so black outside you could not see past the pool. We couldn’t see the houses behind our house! The news said for the Disney World area and especially at 192 there were tornado watchess! And then warnings because tornados were seen in the area. Yikes! On the radar there was this tiny strip of no rain and then another horrible strip of weather. So we ate our lunch and got ready for Downtown Disney so that as soon as the tornados were cleared we were ready to make a run for Disneyquest.

Boo fell asleep in the van ride over so I put on the Ergo and her in it & then a poncho over both of us. We were set to go. We split from Suzy & Milo as this was Buzz’s dream world to be in a 5 story arcade. So we just wanted the boys go at it and set a time to meet back so Suzy & I could escape.

Our girls had a mission. To ride Pirates because last time then had been too short. They & Donald went to stand in the line. It was about 20 minutes. Because Boo was asleep, I decided to just hang out in the arcade right there and play games. But there were only three different games in there. The main one with chairs, which I would have enjoyed sitting with a sleeping baby on my belly, were called some kind of Jungle Safari or some such thing and starred a giant tarantula. Now, I’m not afraid of a lot but tarantulas are not my thing and there was NO WAY I was playing that game. I despise spiders. Honestly, I hated being in the room with all the spiders on all the screens.

The remaining 2 games were a driving game and some Indiana Jones maze type thing. The Indiana game was never going to be open because there was only one and 2 16 year olds were monopolizing it and beating off everyone who might try to play with their glaring insolence so I opted to do the driving game. I soon found out that I was terrible at it. It was not MarioKart, let me tell ya. So I quickly relinquished control to a 10 year old boy hovering near me. Curse those 16 year olds.

Here is the room. It wasn't was crowded as I thought it would be considering other arcades I've been in:
CIMG3475.jpg

I then sat on the floor and leaned against a wall as Boo had awakened and wanted down to run around. You simply cannot even attempt to play video games while a baby is tugging at you. Hey, that can be my excuse as to why I was terrible at the driving game! This lady amused me. She wandered around for a long time glaring at us all. And then sat down like this:

CIMG3474.jpg

I had to take a photo as I just thought it bizarre. Disney Quest is at Downtown Disney. If you truly despise the atmosphere of 10 year old boys running frantically around playing games that beep and make tons of noise then you could leave and go shopping. Or sit on a park bench outside. Anything, really, other than glare and make a big scene about how all of us who are enjoying ourselves are horrible and loud and annoying you to no end. Sorry if I misunderstood the facial expressions and she is a Disboarder who loves DQ. But for me, I just was fascinated with her. And my imagination of what she could possibly be thinking.

So, after I watched her for awhile I got a genius idea to stand in line for Jungle Cruise so that when the girls got out we would be at the front & just jump right on. It worked perfectly. I was behind one family and the girls came out. I handed off Boo and we were off to cruise down the river. It was really fun and you just get to giggling as you fly all over your raft. I wasn’t convinced that my paddle was doing anything but Donald says that we got a lot further than the other people he was watching.

CIMG3476.jpg

The girls really enjoyed Pirates also. They liked running their own cannons.

After that floor we opted to stand in line to do Aladdin’s carpet rides. The line wasn’t that long so we hopped in. Too bad that there was some kind of shift change and some issues so I got impatient. This is the only time I can really think that I got impatient. As you are standing in line they fit you for your virtual reality hats so you are ready to go when it is your turn. I have a rather tiny head and the hat didn’t really fit me, even with the turning of the thing and the little foam thingies. So to have to stand there with this giant thing on my head for seemingly forever was just annoying.

Finally, it was our turn. I was really worried we wouldn’t beat it as it was just me and the girls since Donald had Boo down in the gift shop. Donald is our actual skilled video gamer. But at the last minute another guy jumped in and played with us and somehow between him & me, we played all the way to the end. And that was a miracle because my hat kept flying off every once in awhile which made it extremely tricky.

After this we met up with Suzy & Jack-Jack and McQueen and went to meet in the gift shop and grab our stroller.

Donald said that Boo had picked up every single stuffed animal systematically and rejected each and every one and finally settled on Mickey Mouse. I have a Disney Visa & get a 10% discount at World of Disney so I made the girls wait to buy anything they wanted that I knew was sold there. Obviously, a Mickey would be one of these things.

So, after organizing things a bit we set out. Meandering. I stopped to look at this glass store which I had spied the night before and not gone into. Donald graciously kept the kids outside so I could browse without the heart attacks.

CIMG3477.jpg

Then I decided we need ice cream. I went into the Haagan-Daas and got a milkshake, a slushie, and a Diet Coke. The milk shake was a cookies and cream and it was quite delicious. But I felt this place was wildly overpriced for what we got, considering what is available at Downtown Disney.

The good thing about this is Boo and Jack-Jack were in the same stroller and up until this point Boo had been harassing poor Jack-Jack to death. But now she had a drink to hold. He, however, had been put in a bad mood and could not be pulled out of it. We just kept pushing.

I just asked Donald where Suzy was and why we had Jack-Jack to begin with and he said, “We didn’t have Jack-Jack.” Sorry sweetie, but we did. Not only do I remember it & remember going into Haagan-Daas to stop the crankiness but I have photos to prove it.

See how she is harassing him?
CIMG3479.jpg

Well, forget it. I won’t try to piece together what happened, I’ll let Suzy tell you what was happening with the rest of her family. I’ll tell you what happened with mine.

We had the babies & ice cream. And Ariel & Mulan. And we were ready to shop.

As we pulled out of the West Side to Pleasure Island Donald said, “I do not feel the need to ever go to DisneyQuest again.”

Now, this was my first and only time in the place so I don’t agree with him but here is my summary for those interested: It is a giant arcade which you pay entrance for and then don’t pay for any games inside. The games I played, I liked. It was in no way more annoying than any other arcades I’ve been in. I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual reality games I played and didn’t feel like I waited a crazy amount of time to play them. I also didn’t find the kids here irritating. They weren’t amazingly accommodating either. But I’ve never met an accommodating 10-18 year old boy. Charming is as close as they come and I’m here to tell ya, he can be lost in his own world while playing a game the same as all other boys.

I, personally, would like to do this again and get to do a bit more and not be hampered by the baby. This is NOT a place for babies. They hold you back, plain and simple. You can’t take in strollers (for good reason), it is loud, and there is nothing for them to do.

Donald’s take is he hates waiting in line to play video games.

So, we were walking. You know, at some point Donald went to get himself a drink on this little walk too.

Here is the crowd level. Not too bad:
CIMG3480.jpg

I’m sorry, but Downtown Disney has so much to see and I had a lot of kids and the details of what happened when here is a bit muddled. It’s not the same as “first we rode Dumbo and then Winnie and then Snow White, etc.” It’s just randomly looking at random things.

OK, I think I remember. I think Suzy took McQueen to build his own light saber. So we went to Once Upon a Toy also. I handed off Jack-Jack at some point and sat on the floor talking on the phone and watching Boo play with these pens.

CIMG3484.jpg

I took a photo because it was hilarious. She can be very possessive. The reason she is possessive is because things need to stay in the proper order. It was very important that these pens be properly ordered.

Well, people kept coming over to buy pens and she was extremely frustrated by them. They would not put the pens back in the appropriate place. And some people went so far as to take pens AWAY and buy them! Her pens. They took them away! There was crying. There was grabbing. There was confusion. Not on Boo’s face, but on the other customers trying to buy pens.

And there was me. Sitting a bit away from the scene laughing at it all and doing nothing to stop it. I love stuff like this and I feel like it isn’t my job to stop it or alter it in anyway. Boo is her own person. And she wasn’t really bothering anyone. She was just organizing pens that the evil people were stealing. It wasn’t until she decided that the customers couldn’t be trusted and the pens all needed to be moved that I stepped in.

After that I moved her to where Jack-Jack was reorganizing toys.

CIMG3485.jpg

I’m not sure what everyone else was doing as I was simply trying to keep the chaos controllable. Can you do that? Control chaos? Well, I can’t. But I was at least giving it my best shot. So, I think you know now why I really have absolutely no idea what was really happening with anyone else.

At some point we went to the pin store. You know the glorified kiosk with a million pins. Ariel was bound and determined to find a Buttons pin from Bolt. We scoured that store and finally asked a CM who said they don’t have a Buttons only pin available. So then we just looked for a cat only pin of any cat. But no. No cats only pins available. So then she decided to just pick a pin out. So this was like the fifth time I’d circled the store. She had one she wanted that she had seen but couldn’t remember where. So we circled 3 more times. Stupid pin store. We did buy two very cool pins when all was said and done.

Too many photos, next post:

At this point, we were hungry and our plan was to try out T-Rex. We knew we would need to get there early. So we planned to meet Milo & the other boys at 4:45 p.m. at T-Rex.

DSCN2960.jpg

There was a giant line and they were having some kind of issues so we got put off to the side and they sat people in front of us.

CIMG3493.jpg

Rain was coming so we had come in just in time. I ran out to the stroller and did this to it with a $1.00 shower curtain and some chip clips.

CIMG3496-1.jpg

And then Mulan and I went to the restroom. SUPER nice restroom. So nice, we had to take photos of course.

He-Rex & ours was She-Rex:
CIMG3487.jpg

CIMG3486.jpg

Right outside the potty:
CIMG3488.jpg

And you had to walk through the coolest room to get to the potties:
CIMG3489.jpg

It changed colors every few minutes. So beautiful:
CIMG3497.jpg

Honestly, we only waited 15 minutes. And we were mostly busy the whole time with the bathroom and the stroller and with me snapping photos like a mania. It only seemed longer because a bunch of people whose parties were the same size as us got seated in front of us. It was odd. And we had split into families so we were only a table of five. And we didn’t even get a cool table, we were next to the kitchen and in the Sequoia room. Oh well. It didn’t ruin our time or mood but I’m still confused by it even in retrospect.

Every once in awhile there is a meteor shower in here. Boo LOVED the meteor showers. She just couldn’t stop pointing.

CIMG3498.jpg

CIMG3500.jpg

CIMG3494.jpg

And Suzy came over and let me have a taste of her Mango Mojito. Yummy!
They were sitting near here:
CIMG3491.jpg

CIMG3492.jpg

The food was good here. My only tiny complaint is I ordered a panini which I thought was a warm sandwich. Aren’t they put in a panini machine & the cheese is all melty? That is what I wanted. This was a cold sandwich. And we never saw our server until I simply had to taste it. It was good. Really good. But it would have been better warm. And the waffle fries were the BOMB! Mmm, I could have one of those right now.

CIMG3502.jpg

And here is Donald’s meal. This was tasty too but he mainly took it home with him and ate it later as it was just giant. I had a slice and it was good. And the cheese was all melty. I really do love myself some melty cheese.

CIMG3501.jpg

The girls LOVED their meals. Mulan ate all of hers.

CIMG3503.jpg

And I could have eaten all of Ariel's baked beans if only she hadn't scarfed them down so quickly. They were good.

CIMG3504.jpg

Bellies full and no more rain in sight, and certainly no tornados, we headed to the Lego store with the understanding there would be no purchasing. Last year we spent $80 here and the girls would literally fight us over leaving the room to go to the parks because they wanted to play with their new Legos. And Donald was a conspirator. I would get so frustrated. Hello, the Legos are coming home with us & Disney will be staying here in Orlando. Anyone wanna go ride Everest? So this year, the Legos were OFF LIMITS!

But we can still look, right? And play?

CIMG3482.jpg

Boo just climbed this thing over & over

CIMG3506.jpg

CIMG3508.jpg

And then to the store where we could buy stuff. Wonderful World of Disney. My first thing was to find out for myself if Boo sincerely wanted a Mickey Mouse. Sure enough she took down every single stuffed character she could reach & even some she couldn’t that she charmed me into grabbing for her. She’d give them a little squeeze. Walk around a bit and give them a little test. And then reject them. One after another. Pluto, then Minnie, then Stitch. Now Stitch gave her pause for thought and she went back to him several times. But finally, she settled on Mickey. And once she had him, that was it. She didn’t look back or ponder the other ones. Mickey it was. She is sitting right now playing with my hair & holding that Mickey. Boo is a baby who knows her mind.

CIMG3510.jpg

From that point I wanted to check out the store for possible purchases for me. I tried some stuff out but it always seems like clutter to me. I try to imagine the Mickey bowl or Mickey coasters in my house and I simply can’t. As much as I love him, my home cannot house the Mouse encrusted plates or cups or other Mouse things.

CIMG3511.jpg

Ariel only had eyes for Marie. Marie from the Aristocats. A soft and wonderfully fluffy Marie which she is currently sleeping with.

Mulan bought some fairies, a snowglobe, and some Mickey hair ties which ended up being a really great purchase. The snowglobe made me sad. I had found an amazing 75% off Cinderella globe on disneyshopping.com which made it super cheap. And it was sitting at home waiting for Mulan to come home from Disney. I had this dream of us looking at all the snowglobes and seeing the $100 ones & the $50 ones and me explaining they were just too expensive and talking her into a $10.00 one and then on arrival, voila! There would be super expensive snowglobe of her dreams sitting in her room.

Unfortunately for me, she found a $12.00 one that was the snowglobe of her dreams. It had a Mickey and paintbrushes and it just encompassed everything that Disney means to her. And it was $12.00. Curses. I found myself fighting the urge to push her towards the expensive ones. But that was silly because I couldn’t buy them for her. Why push her towards something & then say no? The dream was simply gone. And although she very much enjoyed her Cinderella snowglobe, it really wasn’t the big, amazing reveal I was hoping for.

Oh well. Now she has a snowglobe collection of 3.

By this point we were tired and started back to the van. Which was really far away from where we were. And a few minutes in, I knew we were in trouble. Because Donald was cranky. Why? I asked. Because he had to pee. Yes, he gets cranky when we has to pee. Now, I know what you are thinking, there is a simple solution to this crankiness issue. Pee. But for some reason, in the name of efficiency, he opted not to pee. And the entire walk just kept getting crankier. So when we saw the van I INSISTED that he not get in until he had peed. So he dashed past the movie theater & found a potty while I wrestled the kids & bags & stroller into the van. You know, I think at this point it may have been raining again. I recall being really irritated by the rain.

And I also was feeling hungry. I really was hoping to get some apple pie. So we went to the Winn-Dixie, which we found according to our GPS. But when we followed the directions there was no Winn-Dixie. Finally we figured out the Marketplace was a grocery store. I popped in & the pies didn’t look good. So I “settled” on a cheesecake sampler, a thing of bananas, and some Diet Coke. Miraculously, it was all near each other as there was a Coke display near the fruit. I then checked out & asked the cashier if this used to be a Winn-Dixie. She said The Marketplace was owned Winn-Dixie. Puzzle solved.

I was in and out of that grocery store in 5 minutes flat.

And in 5 more minutes, we were home. Boo had fallen asleep so I was FREE!!! Enjoyed my cheesecake & didn’t share one bite with a tiny tot. I watched football, folded laundry and enjoyed sweet relaxation.

Sweet, sweet relaxation.

Sounds like a lovely day. When I was at WDW in July, we went to a grand total of 4 stores while at DTD, all of them right next to the entrance of the Marketplace by the busses. So I got to ponder the different things available to you in DTD with this installment.
Jack-Jack looks quite content organizing all of the Cars toys. And so does Boo with her pens. ;)
We had the same problem trying to find Winn-Dixie this summer as well. We drove past it about 20 times looking for it but all we saw was MARKETPLACE. Now when we look about it, we remember its by the giant dinosaur goofy golf.
Can't wait for your next installment.

Perla....enjoying your trip report.
I read you are from Ohio.What area ?
I too live in Ohio.....Middletown,right outside of Cincinnati and Dayton.

Sounds like a lovely day. When I was at WDW in July, we went to a grand total of 4 stores while at DTD, all of them right next to the entrance of the Marketplace by the busses. So I got to ponder the different things available to you in DTD with this installment.
Jack-Jack looks quite content organizing all of the Cars toys. And so does Boo with her pens. ;)
We had the same problem trying to find Winn-Dixie this summer as well. We drove past it about 20 times looking for it but all we saw was MARKETPLACE. Now when we look about it, we remember its by the giant dinosaur goofy golf.
Can't wait for your next installment.

GPS are confusing that way, aren't they? We tried to find a Barnes & Noble earlier this year and I guess they own B. Dalton. That was really irritating. Who wants a B. Dalton when you really want a Barnes & Noble?

Perla....enjoying your trip report.
I read you are from Ohio.What area ?
I too live in Ohio.....Middletown,right outside of Cincinnati and Dayton.

We are on the other side of Ohio, but I know where Middletown is. Have you flown out of Dayton before? It's further to go to Dayton than it is Columbus for us by about 45 minutes. But I really enjoyed the Dayton airport and if it has cheaper flights, I won't hesitate to use it again. They treated us soooo nicely. It's just a lovely airport.

GPS are confusing that way, aren't they? We tried to find a Barnes & Noble earlier this year and I guess they own B. Dalton. That was really irritating. Who wants a B. Dalton when you really want a Barnes & Noble?
:rotfl:
We used printable directions from mapquest and they led us only halfway there, which was sad because it was half a mile from our "hotel" so really it led us to the front gate of the "hotel". :)
Ok. So where I'm from, I don't believe we have B. Dalton's. What are they exactly? :confused3

B. Daltons is a mall book store that is very tiny. Maybe 1/4 of the size of a Border's or Barnes Noble. It's very disappointing. It may even have been smaller than that.

And yes, Mapquest can also be frustrating. I guess there is no perfect directions system.

We are on the other side of Ohio, but I know where Middletown is. Have you flown out of Dayton before? It's further to go to Dayton than it is Columbus for us by about 45 minutes. But I really enjoyed the Dayton airport and if it has cheaper flights, I won't hesitate to use it again. They treated us soooo nicely. It's just a lovely airport.

We like to fly out of Dayton it is closer to us but it seems as if Cincinnati airport offer straight flights to where we are going and I hate lay overs.. We fly Delta. We have flown out of Columbus several times but it is really out of our way.

Goodness, Perla, you've been busy writing this holiday weekend. :)
Got home and chitchatted about Boo and her shampoo experience (Suzy can tell ya) and our night. .

While Perla and Donald went on their date night, Milo and I were quite a tag team with all the kids. We had an assembly line with dinner promptly at 5:30. Kitchen cleaned immediately after. Milo swam and played UNO with the big kids. They all had a great time. I mostly watched the babies after dinner which I enjoyed. We read books and watched the kids in the pool.

The only mishap was after the kids came in from swimming. The house had a stairway that had both kids' bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. We tried to keep the stairs gated off so the babies couldn't climb up. Well, I had taken the gate down for all of 3 minutes so the kids could go up, throw their wet suits in the tub, and get dressed in their pjs. I went up another 10 minutes later to make sure this had been succesfully accomplished. I checked on the girls who were dressed and watching their T.V. I checked on the boys who were dressed and watching their T.V. And as I turned to leave the boys' room I caught a glimpse of Jack-Jack's sippy cup on the floor. Slowly, it registered with me......How did that cup get up here? So I took a peek into the bathroom and there was Boo sitting on the bath mat with a brand new, full kids' Loreal Berry shampoo bottle upside down half empty and in the process of completely empty all over her and the rug.:rotfl: Whoops! How did she sneek up here? Oh well, when Perla and Donald came home Boo was VERY clean and smelled delicious and peacfully asleep in their bed.:cutie:

I did not enjoy these two places but it is not really a fair assessment. I went to a water park with a baby with an ear infection on a chilly, cloudy, windy morning. Needless to say I allowed him to wade for a couple minutes, he fell in, cried, got wrapped in a towel, and fell asleep on me. Then it proceeded to rain off and on while I was holding said wrapped up, sleeping baby. The rest of my family however loved this park. We would definately go again.

I also would not recommend taking a baby to DisneyQuest. There is just no reason to do it. It is noisy, dark with the glow of video games, and there really isn't a great flow to the place. No place to just let the baby down and wander. So I basically the whole time we were there held Jack-Jack and stood around. Not much fun. The other boys enjoyed it but only Buzz I think would put it on his "Let's go back" list. We left Milo, Buzz, and Charming there while we went shopping. We were going to meet at T-Rex at 4:45pm which worked out perfectly.

Well, forget it. I won’t try to piece together what happened, I’ll let Suzy tell you what was happening with the rest of her family. I’ll tell you what happened with mine.

We had the babies & ice cream. And Ariel & Mulan. And we were ready to shop.

:
The reason you had both babies on the way to DTD was McQueen and I walked out to the car to get the Combi stroller. I wasn't sure if there was stroller parking at DisneyQuest out of the rain so I had left it in the van. But we had to have it for shopping and walking around DTD. We met up at Once Upon a Toy at the Build Your Own Lightsaber which McQueen did.

I loved, loved, loved T-Rex cafe. I thought it was beautifully themed (better the Rainforest) The other great thing was Jack-Jack slept through dinner. And the Mango Mojito was awesome. One of the server's teased me because I at one point was walking with a sleeping baby in one arm and a drink in the other.:laughing: My dinner was O.K. I ordered roasted chicken with potatoes and baked beans. But I ordered it because I knew I could share pieces of it with the kids, which worked, but if I went back I would order something different. The chicken was on the dry side.

All in all this was a nice day. The walk back from Goofy's candy store to our van parked on the west side by Disney Quest was killer but even the kids made without too much whining.

Ready for Day 5

The reason you had both babies on the way to DTD was McQueen and I walked out to the car to get the Combi stroller.

OK. This explains it. I was so baffled because I kept remember the Combi stroller in the stores but I knew for a fact we only had the two big double strollers when we left DQ. For the life of me I could not get the time line right in my head and the photos were just not sorting it out properly.

And yes, I was a busy little bee in the writing department. Unfortunately my power cord to my computer got severed this weekend so my computer is out of commission. I ordered a new one but it is currently in China waiting to ship out to me. So I'm not sure when I'll be posting a new day.

Donald might be nice and let me use his for hours at a time while at his family but he also might need it for his own Disney needs as he has been working in his own busy bee way on consolidating video and photos, etc to work on our own video. Last night his computer was tied up the entire evening rendering all the tidbits of videos and putting them on a DVD. We now have 2 DVDs full just of video! Milo was a videoing fool and we really have a lot. Plus 1300 photos. That is a lot to work through as we try to make an movie we make less than 30 minutes.

Hmm, 4 hours of video and 1300 photos into 30 minutes.

Ya'll may be waiting till next week for the next episode.

In the mean time I wanted to say that I would order something else at T-Rex too but I definitely would like to go back. I've been dreaming of Disney already even though we all have other trips to take that we are excited about. I just keep thinking about this or that and which tickets will I buy and what time of year I'd like to go. I'm pathetic.

My thought right now is I would love to go and get free dining with another family and stay on site but have the kids share a room and have Donald & I in our own room (probably with Boo). And maybe not have park hoppers. And drive down. So that would keep costs down. Without a baby & with all the electronics it's not so bad to do 14 hours. And maybe we could stop for 2 days in Charleston, S.C. and then go on to WDW and spend just 7 days. But do a park every day we're there.

Or... instead of stopping at Charleston maybe we could stay onsite at Universal for 2 nights and let the kids do the big rides there for 2 days with the FOTL passes and that would be our big splurge and then on to WDW.

But then, I did love having the house...

Good thing I have awhile to plan all this. The prospects are endless! :laughing: :laughing:

After everyone was back and all packed up we grabbed a funnel cake to share on our way out. Everyone grabbed a few pieces and it took the edge off our hunger.

This was an interesting side benefit for our kids to travel with two families. You know how when you're on vacation you give into your kid's requests more than at home? Like stopping for ice cream and funnel cakes? Well, when two families travel together, the kids get to double dip. Buzz had asked me for a funnel cake a few minutes before Donald got one and I had said, "no" (I'm not really a funnel cake person) But then when the other family said, "yes" it turned into a "yes" for everyone. When the boys got milkshakes at Sci-Fi diner, the girls got to get one too even though I saw on Perla's face that might not have been her first choice. In retrospect, I think it was pretty cool. No harm done, and the kid's got lots of treats. Ice cream and funnel cakes for everyone!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter