Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were actually given a different gv room at check in. The CM asked if we woud mind having a king bed room so we could check in straight away (About 1:30pm). We went up to the room an we weren't happy, it was really small and when we went to look out on the balcony we could see the car park but with a few trees in front, it was really noisy too. I decided to go back to the desk and ask if we could wait and have a different room. The CM wasn't overly friendly and I was left to feel like I was just being fussy, but I guess I was! When he was on the phone, the person must have suggested a wv room and he said to them no they're staying gv, then offered us this one. He said he didn't know how quiet it would be but I said as long as I'm not looking at a car park and hearing buses repeatedly come and go I don't mind. I tried to explain I've never asked to move to a different room at any hotel before but he wasn't interested. Either way I love our room now, we don't actually have any paperwork for this room but from what he said I was lead to believe it is a gv room.

Thanks for the additional info! Sorry about the hassle you experienced.

Claire Bear, that is too bad you had some unfriendly service at the desk. All if our interactions with CMs there were great

Glad you got a room that was more to your liking

Thanks everyone for the kind words. DD is finally feeling better - not 100% herself yet but finally able to leave the room last night and join us for dinner :). Have to give a shout out to the CL staff...they have been wonderful and extremely accommodating to our family even going as far as offering us a cot so we could separate our DD's with the attempt of trying to keep our youngest from catching what the other had. Also can't say enough about housekeeping...they've been great dealing with some unpleasant tasks.

On another note, our room is the 2nd room from the lounge...really nice view for a standard VW and while we thought it was going to be noisy since it's so close to the lounge, we've found it to be the exact opposite. One thing we noticed last night for the first time during evening's apps was that there was a CM standing outside the lounge asking to see everyone's room key before they were allowed to enter the lounge - a first since we've checked in and a first we've ever seen. Even when I walked out of my room & he saw me do so, he
asked for my card...another CM who knew us told him it was ok for me to go in. Found it odd, but then heard from another guest that they heard it was b/c a few guests not staying CL were caught using the lounge...not sure how true this is but I can see it happening very easily.

mommyrosa2:Great news about your DD!!! I hope the rest of your vacation is filled with fun :banana:

Glad DD is doing better

How can a non CL even get to the lounge area? Isn't there a keyed area/door/ gate?

I've seen a few random posts mention that the YC Concierge Lounge might be refurbished/updated... Any truth to this or a possible timetable?

So, we leave in 5 days. :cool1:

We call MIL last night because she is going to watch the kids for us in the resort room while DH and I go enjoy Epcot by ourselves one night for a few hours. She lives near WDW with my SIL. During this phone call, she mentions wanting to bring my niece over on a different day to go swimming with the kids.

I advise that is not going to be possible 1) because SAB is KTTW entry and my niece won't have one....neither will my MIL or my SIL and 2) I have zero idea about when exactly we will go swimming. This is usually a last minute decision...like we are at a park for the day and decide to go back to the resort for a bit to take a break.

I believe my MIL thinks I am just being difficult and/or trying to avoid them or something. Not true. In fact, I made a dinner reservation at Rainforest at Downtown so we could meet there in the afternoon one day and then have dinner.

Anyone know how far in advance you need to book the Sandcastle Club for the kids? Is same day available? I'm concerned MIL may hold my refusal to admit them all to SAB against me and bail on babysitting even though its Disney's decision to limit SAB to BC/YC guests, not mine. I'm just following the rules.

Glad DD is doing better

How can a non CL even get to the lounge area? Isn't there a keyed area/door/ gate?

I've often thought you could get on the elevator with CL guest and get off and help yourself. And with CL rooms being on different floors the CM's wouldn't know without asking for a key. I'm definitely OK with it.

So, we leave in 5 days. :cool1:

We call MIL last night because she is going to watch the kids for us in the resort room while DH and I go enjoy Epcot by ourselves one night for a few hours. She lives near WDW with my SIL. During this phone call, she mentions wanting to bring my niece over on a different day to go swimming with the kids.

I advise that is not going to be possible 1) because SAB is KTTW entry and my niece won't have one....neither will my MIL or my SIL and 2) I have zero idea about when exactly we will go swimming. This is usually a last minute decision...like we are at a park for the day and decide to go back to the resort for a bit to take a break.

Can't give MIL advice because I have screwed that up before. :confused3 But your crew could go to the quiet pools for a swim. There are three of them. No cards check there.

On the way to the airport now. Flight lands at. Mco at 9:45. Woohoo

:cool1::cool1:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. DD is finally feeling better - not 100% herself yet but finally able to leave the room last night and join us for dinner :). Have to give a shout out to the CL staff...they have been wonderful and extremely accommodating to our family even going as far as offering us a cot so we could separate our DD's with the attempt of trying to keep our youngest from catching what the other had. Also can't say enough about housekeeping...they've been great dealing with some unpleasant tasks.

On another note, our room is the 2nd room from the lounge...really nice view for a standard VW and while we thought it was going to be noisy since it's so close to the lounge, we've found it to be the exact opposite. One thing we noticed last night for the first time during evening's apps was that there was a CM standing outside the lounge asking to see everyone's room key before they were allowed to enter the lounge - a first since we've checked in and a first we've ever seen. Even when I walked out of my room & he saw me do so, he
asked for my card...another CM who knew us told him it was ok for me to go in. Found it odd, but then heard from another guest that they heard it was b/c a few guests not staying CL were caught using the lounge...not sure how true this is but I can see it happening very easily.

So glad DD is feeling better! Hope the rest of you stay well!:thumbsup2

I've seen a few random posts mention that the YC Concierge Lounge might be refurbished/updated... Any truth to this or a possible timetable?

Not sure. The Beach Club CL will be renovated and enlarged "soon". Work possibly starting in early 2014. Club Lounge will be moved to the Presidential Suite while that work is taking place. Then the BC rooms will undergo a refurb, starting on the 5th floor and working down floor by floor.

THEN work will start on the YC. So we are not exactly sure how long all this work will take or when they will get to the YC, but it will be awhile. Many months. Probably have a better idea once the work has started at BC.

Glad DD is doing better

The way it is set up now, it's not that difficult. While you do need to scan your key in the elevator, there is nothing stopping a person from getting off the elevator with you and walking right into the lounge or if a guest already staying CL brings a friend up then I could see it happening. I have to say too that on Monday evening I was coming back to the room to check on my daughter and a very young couple got on the elevator with me. They hit the button for the 3rd floor and I scanned my card. As we were going up i heard the man ask her if she wanted to "go up" and get another snack. When I turned my head to look at them, the girl shushed him & nodded her head no. They got off on the 3rd floor and I continued up. I found it odd but was so honestly preoccupied with my daughter that I didn't think about it again until they were checking cards last night.

I've often thought you could get on the elevator with CL guest and get off and help yourself. And with CL rooms being on different floors the CM's wouldn't know without asking for a key. I'm definitely OK with it.

Can't give MIL advice because I have screwed that up before. :confused3 But your crew could go to the quiet pools for a swim. There are three of them. No cards check there.

Aha! Excellent suggestion....didn't even think of this as a possibility.

Does anyone who is there now know if the lids from the old refillable mugs will fit the new RFID mugs? I might consider bringing one of the old lids if that was the case.

Does anyone who is there now know if the lids from the old refillable mugs will fit the new RFID mugs? I might consider bringing one of the old lids if that was the case.

The new mugs and lids look like the old ones in shape so I would say it should

Here are a couple of pics of the view from our CL SV room. I know Pics of SV view are hard to come by so I hope somebody finds these helpful. We can see wishes above the trees in the first pic. Any questions, just ask.

2b379343e8a7097210650cdd77e5c63a_zpsdcc8c5d7.jpg

5c40cc89b5ec60215e24829550762bdd_zps6eca87fb.jpg

2 DAYS! I just finished packing today. Thank you to everyone for the useful information on this thread. I enjoyed being part of the group!

Hey all!

We arrived today at noon and were magically upgraded to a beautiful, lagoon view Club Level room. We certainly must have an angel looking over our shoulder! Spent the day at SAB. Walking down now for dinner at Cape May and then heading to Epcot for the rest of the evening!

Just a wonderful gift and a beautiful day!!

Kay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!