Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to reply a few times on both my iPad and phone and it always eats my post! Trying this to see if it works before I type out anything longer...

Okay, I'm totally stressed and need some help! I was just catching up - been traveling for work quite a bit. Anyway, I'm just starting to wrap my head around this FP+ and MB stuff, so I go into my MDE account and when I select MB - it says this is my last day to customize...we arrive on 9/20 and I don't even have an email. So do I go ahead and do it? Please help! :confused3

I also have questions about FP+, but I'm trying to go through the posts and see if I can get those answered without repeating things that have already been asked.

Thanks in advance everyone...this Disney for Newbies business is HARD! :rotfl2:

Yes. Once the time period to customize is up they then load them and they ship very quickly. I never got any emails until they shipped which was early this morning and I received the bands by 10am this morning!

~N

Hello everyone. Been at SeaWorld hotel for 4 nights but just checked in at YC. Our magic bands weren't shipped to the resort like the email I received said, so we've got grey bands but I'm just glad we've got them. Our view is of the quiet pool which is nice. We went to go get our mugs from the market place and we got the RFID mugs, the lady said the RFID technology will start on Sunday (Apologies if this has already been reported). Photobucket isn't playing ball but I'll post some photos when it's working going to Epcot now :)

Some pics of our room, 5th floor, facing mostly trees and the bus stop, decent view of spaceship earth. Very, very far from the lounge. About as far as you can get.

41072E54-6328-4983-9821-015D4BCE0CC5-3851-0000010E8286DA2C.jpg

6905374B-30EE-48D3-BD9E-7B50AC7B4DE0-3851-0000010E4E5A10A2.jpg

our view this morning headed to the boat to HS

73EAD13F-D1A6-4F24-914F-4F0B431471FB-3851-0000010DDF4B4594.jpg

55E7A924-EE13-4C9D-AD98-C77763AB70A2-3851-0000010D95FA38F7.jpg

D61C4812-82C5-4E86-B964-5428E818A630-3851-0000010E25CE0212.jpg

This resort is just lovely. Our room is adorable and very clean, although it seems a bit smaller than the rooms at GF and Poly. It could just be that the kids are bigger! Everything is in working order. The CL staff are amazing. I have to say that they are leaps and bounds beyond the Poly CL staff and <gasp> even better than most (but not all) of the GF RPC staff. They are very personable, courteous, and helpful.

The food in the CL lounge is good. Not amazing or fabulous but good. Well, now that I think about it, the chips and dip actually could be described as amazing! The lounge is just too small. I must say that I actually find it to be insulting to the staying CL and have nowhere to sit or have to schlep back to my room (have I mentioned that my room is almost the farthest possible from the lounge??) with my food. The wine glasses are also teeny tiny. Maybe all of the resorts have switched over to them- I will see on Thursday when we get to the GF. With that said, the staff are wonderful and they are replenishing often. They are also politely asking guests to cover up their bathing suits and to wear shoes, which I appreciate. Oh, and they have even corrected kids for not using the tongs to take food, which I also appreciate.

The ambience of the hotel really is wonderful and the grounds are beautiful. We were completely floored by how close to walk to Epcot was. I kept reading that it was a five minute walk but WOW. It is awesome. We are really enjoying our time here and we would definitely plan to return someday. I believe that I read on here that they are expanding the CL lounge and if they do, I would definitely book CL again, as well. The only thing that would make me possibly not choose BC for a trip would just be that I am really, really a MK person. I am almost embarrassed to admit this, but Epcot is my least favorite park, followed by HS. It's not that I dislike either park, I just love MK so much with AK being a second favorite. So, unfortunately for me, the location of BC is not ideal. I realize for most people it is a huge plus and I totally respect that!

Oh, and one more thing! I got to meet Teena the other day! No wonder she is so well-liked... She is awesome! She has such a great personality and it was truly a pleasure to talk to her. I felt really weird going over and introducing myself because I didn't want to bother her, but I am so glad I did! You can really tell she loves meeting new people.

Hello everyone. Been at SeaWorld hotel for 4 nights but just checked in at YC. Our magic bands weren't shipped to the resort like the email I received said, so we've got grey bands but I'm just glad we've got them. Our view is of the quiet pool which is nice. We went to go get our mugs from the market place and we got the RFID mugs, the lady said the RFID technology will start on Sunday (Apologies if this has already been reported). Photobucket isn't playing ball but I'll post some photos when it's working going to Epcot now :)

May I ask? What kind of view did you have booked? I'm trying to figure out if "Lagoon/Pool View" really could be a view of the quiet pool.

Thanks!

This resort is just lovely. Our room is adorable and very clean, although it seems a bit smaller than the rooms at GF and Poly.

From the pictures, your room does look smaller then most other rooms at BC/YC. Usually on the other side of the bed near the balcony is a chair and ottoman with a floor lamp. So, I could see why you think the room is smaller then the others you've stayed at.

For those who have stayed CL at the YC (or BC), what is the coffee situation like? I have heard they have a Nescafe machine--can you make lattes and such? Also, are there to go cups for the coffee? Thanks so much!

Keep trying, the option for me to customize my band just showed up for me today. So far, there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this option becomes available. My option said "Personalize MagicBands". :cool2:

And bingo, the option to customize just appeared, just like ⚡magic⚡. Thanks!

TeenaS said:
I'm packing and off to the airport at 3 PM. Long day of traveling. Jeanne is in meetings all day so can't pick me up until the evening. Keeping my fingers crossed no late afternoon storms mess up my flight. Tomorrow starts the "nightmare" of getting that classroom ready. I'll take before and after pics and send to Dee.

I'll try and get on Jeanne's computer nightly to answer any questions I might be able to but no promises. Between the 3 hour time difference, all the physical work and playing with the Princess, I'm usually asleep before Lily every night.

Have fun everybody and I'll see you back in the lobby on 9/1!!!

The Magic Band Trial starts for the BC and BCV on 9/3 and lasts until 10/31 (as of now). Exciting times!

Have fun with your daughter and Lily. It was nice seeing you and talking to you again. Safe travels.

Oh my! I've been stuck in business meetings out of state for the last two days and haven't been able to read the boards, not even last night.

I feel like I've missed everything! No way I'll get caught up with all the trips, falls, sickness, etc. I'll just make one big HOPE EVERYONE IS FEELING BETTER!!!!!!

Love all the positive reviews of the YC too!

Teena: hope you enjoy your "working" vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter