Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I would love suggestions for our check in day. We will be staying BC CL. We will fly in by 11am but probably won't be to the BC until 1pm I am thinking. I have made no plans that day. Would love to hear how you would spend check in day. We have park tickets for that day as well.

Dinner suggestions welcome too.

Thanks.

We typically arrive around 12:30 ish. Our last trip we headed over to ESPN Zone for some lunch (being a Saturday in September there's usually some College Football to take in) :thumbsup2 After that we usually stroll over to Epcot with no real game plan - just take in the sights for a bit and then back to the resort / pool for a relaxed evening (although the kids would be happy to go straight to pool after eating)!!

Holy Cow ... It sure is quiet here. I miss my two blond girls already!!! Jeanne called at 1 AM to say they finally landed and Lily was off to see her father. Apparently on the plane Jeanne asked Lily if she was excited to see Dada and she said "No Dada, I want Pop-Pop and Mickey". Made Bob feel like a big deal to be up there with Mickey. She also calls Pop-Pop the "Kissing Monster".

Looking forward to meeting up with all the guests that are there now and coming in soon on Sunday and Monday before I head off to Vegas to help set up Jeanne's classroom on Tuesday.

Lol. The kissing monster ! How cute

We always start with lunch at Beaches and Cream.

After that it depends whether our room is ready or not. If it is we change and head on down to SAB - well DH and the kids do, I unpack first.

If it's not ready to walk of EPCOT and just stroll around WS.

HTH

We always go to MK on our first day. Depending on where the FP+ situation is at that time, we may change the plan and take care of some important attractions *ahem* TSM. I'm planning our arrival to be around the same thing as yours and if our room wasn't ready was thinking about take a walk over to Boardwalk for a snack or over to Epcot for DH favorite QS (Mexico).

This is what we just did. We had lunch at Hurricane Hannah's when we got in (although it was CRAZY busy and the sky opened up on us before we finished lunch). We had swimsuits in our carry on (as well as small liquid sunscreen in a quart ziplock!) and would have changed at the health club, but our room was ready by the time we finished lunch. We settled in our room, went to the pool (storm was over), and hung out there for the rest of the afternoon. Then we got cleaned up and went to Epcot. We ate CS at Japan, and wandered around the closest countries before calling it a night (but one more visit to the hot tub at the quiet pool before bed, to work out the travel aches and pains! :) )

We typically arrive around 12:30 ish. Our last trip we headed over to ESPN Zone for some lunch (being a Saturday in September there's usually some College Football to take in) :thumbsup2 After that we usually stroll over to Epcot with no real game plan - just take in the sights for a bit and then back to the resort / pool for a relaxed evening (although the kids would be happy to go straight to pool after eating)!!

Thanks for all the ideas! I love the idea of having lunch somewhere close like at the Boardwalk or Beaches and Cream. I think I am not going to be able to even go anywhere until the kids have had at least 3 hours at the SAB.:rotfl2:
I like the idea of QS dinner in Epcot maybe after we have some drinks and apps in CL. :)

If it's available to you, you will see options for them in the dropdown Menu. Same place you get to your reservations, dining, etc...If they are not visible then it's not available to you yet.

Thanks. We check in on the 30th and I've since heard it might only be up to 28th so far...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for all the ideas! I love the idea of having lunch somewhere close like at the Boardwalk or Beaches and Cream. I think I am not going to be able to even go anywhere until the kids have had at least 3 hours at the SAB.:rotfl2:
I like the idea of QS dinner in Epcot maybe after we have some drinks and apps in CL. :)

We usually do B& C on arrival day for lunch, but this past July we decided on Boardwalk Bakery for Lobster rolls. They were sooooo good!!! We sat in the shade just outside the Bakery and enjoyed a sweet treat with them.

Hi everyone! I would love suggestions for our check in day. We will be staying BC CL. We will fly in by 11am but probably won't be to the BC until 1pm I am thinking. I have made no plans that day. Would love to hear how you would spend check in day. We have park tickets for that day as well.

Dinner suggestions welcome too.

Thanks.

Once the kids get a peek at that pool it's going to be hard to tell them "no, we have to go elsewhere". I'd pack the swim suits in a carry on and I'd go to Storm Along Bay. If your room is not ready I would change into the suits at the fitness club. You can store your clothes in a locker and if you have carry-ons bell services will be happy to store them for you and let you access them as needed.

After some time at the pool your room will be ready. You and Dad can get settled in the room while the kids explore the hotel. Then I'd go to dinner somewhere in this Epcot/Boardwalk/resort area. Dinner can be a counter service if you don't want to do the big sit down, time consuming dinner, or a table service if you need to decompress. Definitely get an ADR if you are thinking table service. Then Illuminations and off to bed.

You and the kids are going to be tired from traveling and all the excitement is going to take it's toll. There is a lot to be said for leaving your arrival day as a resort day. It gives you a chance to get settled, get the lay of the resort and get relaxed for a busy WDW vacation. If you start out running at top speed right from the get go it's just going to run you down. By utilizing this plan you will have accomplished a lot on your first day without running yourselves ragged. Resist the urge to start running around like maniacs and hopefully it will get your vacation off to a great start.

Good luck!

~NM

Thanks. We check in on the 30th and I've since heard it might only be up to 28th so far...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The August test runs until around the 28th or something I think, as a check in date. Then there is apparently a September test as well, but it's just starting to leak out on which resorts and such, just keep checking it incase they pop up.

Thanks for the warm welcome back Dee :goodvibes We are excited to be fnally trying out the YC....

My good friend Cinderumbrella has highly recommended it..on the occasions that I have debated on switching resorts..or doing a SS I have inquired about availability at the BC..as we are interested in trying that too..but it never seems to be available with the discounts/dates that we are looking into...:confused3

Went thru the first few pages...lots of good info ..just as I thought! :thumbsup2 but I do have a question...

Does the YC lounge close totally between food offering times??? :eek: We are used to being able to get coffee and cold drinks at the GF all day long...

Teena Catching up a bit...happy to see that all is well :goodvibes ..and that Princess Lily having lots of Disney fun visits with you...I am looking foward to getting to say Hi again when we visit this winter! :flower3:

Once the kids get a peek at that pool it's going to be hard to tell them "no, we have to go elsewhere". I'd pack the swim suits in a carry on and I'd go to Storm Along Bay. If your room is not ready I would change into the suits at the fitness club. You can store your clothes in a locker and if you have carry-ons bell services will be happy to store them for you and let you access them as needed.

After some time at the pool your room will be ready. You and Dad can get settled in the room while the kids explore the hotel. Then I'd go to dinner somewhere in this Epcot/Boardwalk/resort area. Dinner can be a counter service if you don't want to do the big sit down, time consuming dinner, or a table service if you need to decompress. Definitely get an ADR if you are thinking table service. Then Illuminations and off to bed.

You and the kids are going to be tired from traveling and all the excitement is going to take it's toll. There is a lot to be said for leaving your arrival day as a resort day. It gives you a chance to get settled, get the lay of the resort and get relaxed for a busy WDW vacation. If you start out running at top speed right from the get go it's just going to run you down. By utilizing this plan you will have accomplished a lot on your first day without running yourselves ragged. Resist the urge to start running around like maniacs and hopefully it will get your vacation off to a great start.

Good luck!

~NM

This is my plan...check in and get lunch somewhere with no wait and then head to the pool for a bit. If the room is ready I will get that situated while DH takes the boys down to the pool and then join them. Then we are heading to Epcot for dinner (booked dinner in Mexico, but might scrap it depending on how we feel) and wandering around. Made a few FP+ just incase too. Want to catch Illuminations and then go to bed. Past trips we've had lunch and headed straight to MK then back to the hotel to swim and it went really well. But we got in a bit earlier and we were staying at WL and CR so it was super convenient. I was just saying to DH it will be strange not going to MK first thing, we won't even see MK till the next evening!!! But we both agreed it was fine, we're going with our usual convenience and leisurely pace plan. So pool and Epcot it is.

Went thru the first few pages...lots of good info ..just as I thought! :thumbsup2 but I do have a question...

Does the YC lounge close totally between food offering times??? :eek: We are used to being able to get coffee and cold drinks at the GF all day long...
QUOTE]

Our most recent YC CL stay was November -- this was how it worked then:

For the inbetween times (when they are switching over) it is closed. But you can just ask a CM and they will get you whatever you need from backstage.

Overnight, they leave it open so that you have beverage access.

We usually grab a few sodas or a couple of beers for the room fridge just in case.

Ok so I finally figured out how to work the whole MDE Fast Pass + thing! I'm not sure if I like this or not... Anyway I have it all set up for my September 18-23 trip! I added DH UCT ticket so he's all set up too :thumbsup2 Now to wait and see if MagicBands come my way! Hopefully the ME vouchers will arrive soon... for now we just wait :beach:

Nothing is showing up yet for my October/November trip... but when I click on the calendar within itinerary it only gives dates through 10/14... maybe soon that trip will be able to be set up!

Good luck to all setting up now!

~N

Sunshine Seasons has a nice food court with a good selection of food for a QS dinner. We have also done the Mexican counter service place. It is a nice place to eat and look out over the lake. Some people like the food at Morocco. There is the American Pavilion with standard burger and fries type food. And some people love the fish and chips at the booth outside Rose and Crown. And then there are the fantastic looking sandwiches, soups and desserts at France's bakery. There are a lot of choices in Epcot. :) I'm sure I am missing lots of them. We almost always eat our lunch at Epcot on arrival day, since it seems like our room is seldom ready when we arrive, usually around 1:30pm. :goodvibes

Holy Cow ... It sure is quiet here. I miss my two blond girls already!!! Jeanne called at 1 AM to say they finally landed and Lily was off to see her father. Apparently on the plane Jeanne asked Lily if she was excited to see Dada and she said "No Dada, I want Pop-Pop and Mickey". Made Bob feel like a big deal to be up there with Mickey. She also calls Pop-Pop the "Kissing Monster".

Looking forward to meeting up with all the guests that are there now and coming in soon on Sunday and Monday before I head off to Vegas to help set up Jeanne's classroom on Tuesday.

Glad to hear they made it home safe & sound and you know what the say Teena, "out of the mouths of babes"....too cute and too funny! Three more sleeps and we'll be "home"...can't wait to see you.

This is my plan...check in and get lunch somewhere with no wait and then head to the pool for a bit. If the room is ready I will get that situated while DH takes the boys down to the pool and then join them. Then we are heading to Epcot for dinner (booked dinner in Mexico, but might scrap it depending on how we feel) and wandering around. Made a few FP+ just incase too. Want to catch Illuminations and then go to bed. Past trips we've had lunch and headed straight to MK then back to the hotel to swim and it went really well. But we got in a bit earlier and we were staying at WL and CR so it was super convenient. I was just saying to DH it will be strange not going to MK first thing, we won't even see MK till the next evening!!! But we both agreed it was fine, we're going with our usual convenience and leisurely pace plan. So pool and Epcot it is.

I had also booked Mexico for dinner for our first night and I already scrapped it. At first I thought the kids would like it, but after thinking (aka obsessing) over the menu for a while, I decided to play it safe and I switched us to Via Napoli instead. I also think its going to be weird not to see MK until the day after we arrive....its always been the first thing we run to, but this year we are switching it up. If you can call waiting a whole 18 additional hours switching it up!

Just got here at the Beach Club! Our room is wonderful. We got some nice pixie dust and got upgraded to club level and we r in room 3691. Great start.

We are staying YC 9/17 - 22 and booked FP+ last night. Like many though not able to order Magic bands yet. Wish could schedule Illuminations, now that would be something I would really like!

Ok so I finally figured out how to work the whole MDE Fast Pass + thing! I'm not sure if I like this or not... Anyway I have it all set up for my September 18-23 trip! I added DH UCT ticket so he's all set up too :thumbsup2 Now to wait and see if MagicBands come my way! Hopefully the ME vouchers will arrive soon... for now we just wait :beach:

Nothing is showing up yet for my October/November trip... but when I click on the calendar within itinerary it only gives dates through 10/14... maybe soon that trip will be able to be set up!

Good luck to all setting up now!

~N

Nannette, HOW DID YOU ENTER YOUR DHs UCT tickets???? MDE won't let me enter mine. I have a few hours of today left to be able to make FP+ reservations... I called Tech support and they said I had to be present to get my UCT linked to my reservation...

Nannette, HOW DID YOU ENTER YOUR DHs UCT tickets???? MDE won't let me enter mine. I have a few hours of today left to be able to make FP+ reservations... I called Tech support and they said I had to be present to get my UCT linked to my reservation...

I just linked our UCT tix yesterday. It took my DH's but won't accept mine. :confused3 Practically had to get a magnifying glass out to read the code on the tix though so maybe I entered mine wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter