Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a jot list of comments from our last stay (and answers to some previous questions), we're home now, so sad. I am sure I forgot some stuff I thought I'd like to mention here. It is a long list, but maybe it can answer some other questions and I am sure a few of you will be more excited than before! Where's that cup of wine to go?

- This was one of the few trips that we really didn't want to leave, ever. You know the trips you take that when it is over, you knew it was and were ready to go home. Not a chance this time. Sitting here still wishing I walk out of the door to the hallway of the resort, or open my eyes in the morning to the ceiling fan in the room. Just a great vacation.

- CM's were all great. Loved talking with Sarah since from same area or so. All of them were helpful and always welcoming.

- We were originally checked into the room right next to the lounge. This room was mentioned before. It is a bit bigger than the room we switched to. It has a day bed and a tiny balcony. The other had a big balcony and no daybed. The balcony & location were well worth giving up the lumpy daybed! The location of the first room is ok if you like being in the center of everything, and having everyone look in your room every time you open the door. The balcony faces the lounge, so no privacy there at all. On top of that, every morning, we saw luggage, baby carriages and so forth piled in front of the room. Many guests must not care or notice that could be another guest's room. Combining that to the lounge would be great.

- The morning of checkout we realized the fridge turned off on us. It had things in it. The freezer or rotating knob inside was set to "off". We think it may have been an old fridge, because it had a different setup on the door than the fridge in our first room.

- We asked for waters, or a cup of wine to go a lot. They didn't have plastic bottles one day, and they only gave what you asked for - which is perfectly fine.

- SAB pool is beyond awesome! We loved just sitting there floating along, daughter on slide, son played volleyball. The seats were mostly taken all of time, but we hardly saw the people go to them. You can really get some speed on slide if you try. Not too much shade though if you just want to sit outside and not be in the sun.

- Had anniversary dinner at Yachtsman. Wow, that tasted awesome. As we told the staff, the steaks were better than Canada. They loved it. I didn't mention how Canada's sides are better though.

- Being able to walk to Epcot, eat lunch anywhere and return when we wanted was great.

- We usually drink Riesling occasionally, but pinot seemed to be new evening requirement.

- We seemed to spend as much on average a day as we usually do on a Disney trip, even though we were on CL. Now we did have dinner and Yachtsman & desserts at Narcossess in one evening, so that may skew results a bit. In addition to more food intake, there was a significant increase in alcohol intake as well. We never really drink as much as we did this last trip. A drink here or there, during the trip seemed to have a few drinks a day, since they were there and free, harder to resist. Not saying we drank till we passed out, but instead of 2-4 drinks a week, it was like 2-4 a day.

- The boat to MGM/Hollywood studios was nice. We planned on only getting lunch at Sci Fi (great anniv pic there sharing cosmic oreo), but spent more time there and enjoyed it.

- Was lucky enough to meet Teena & her family as they were leaving and quickly wish her and her hub a happy anniversary. Met up with her later in the visit and chatted. Nice chat, hope I didn't embarrass your coworker too much, she really turned red!

- Went to Jellyrolls one night. It was fun. Later in the night they started playing more recent songs and we started to feel a bit old, but we closed the place down. Wow, 2 AM is quiet there! Nothing like college years any more! Saw lots of bunnies around though (too bad all tiny actual bunnies for the guys reading).

- It was cool being able to let kids do the marshmallow fire and then go to Epcot and pool and do everything by themselves for the first time. We went to Jellyrolls and they did their thing, just texting us when they changed where they were.

- The robes in club level were not soft, but were a nice addon.

- We can see the need for refurb, many minor things that could use sprucing up, like door knob backing not staying on the handle, and other minor stuff here or there. I've seen a ton worse, so no real biggie. Some of the buttons on the elevators didn't work as simply as you'd expect. Like I said, nothing major, just you can see the need is there. I could even see them waiting another year or two, the stuff was so minor I saw.

- Club level was nice, but not sure worth extra for us. If we had the extra cash to give away, or got another awesome deal, then maybe it is. For us, the club level value was not really there. It was great, and we liked it, just not sure if worth the cash. We were happy with the CMs that were there, but stories of past efforts and current not so much lack of effort, but sense of exhaustion from some CM is there. I really don't want to put them down, they were great. But someone mentioned how they said their kids needed something at bedtime, and every day the fridge had them, or stuff like that. We didn't see it, and any opportunity we gave was not taken. Again, they were great, just that extra mile was not taken. Maybe we had too high of expectations. It was far from being "The Bradbury", and although they were all nice and did their jobs well, no CM was Michael J. Fox. ("For Love or Money" movie reference)

- Be Our Guest was awesome. Food and atmosphere. We ate dinner in the music box room. They had a bunch of open tables in that room. It was nice and peaceful. I heard they only used 2 rooms during dinner. They had all 3 open. Maybe that is why there are now times available for ADR.

- We had towel animals on 2 days. The swans making a heart on one day was cool and made for a nice anniversary picture, even if a few days earlier. We moved them to the desk to view while there, too bad the next day they were gone! We would have liked to have them the entire stay. Sadly, on our actual anniversary day (we did tell CM's which day it was) there were actually no animals or anything. Again, not a biggie, but no extra mile as mentioned before.

- I am not sure who mentioned it, but asking for wine in a to go cup = great idea, makes the magic kingdom that much more magical!

- It was HOT! We knew it would be hot, and deal with the heat usually being South of there, but it was REALLY HOT. It only rained one day, the other days just baked! The pool was perfect for dealing with that.

- The bounce-back offers excluded any dates we remotely had a chance of returning. So no use for us, o well. There were TONS of dates excluded, seemed like every weekend.

- There were no groom ears! I mean none ANYWHERE! We asked in all the parks, shops, everything. They were all out! Tons of bride ears. We just wanted a picture for the anniversary. How can you run out of something like that in the entire facility? It was a bit perplexing.

- Club lounge had no labels on food, CM said the menu was changing soon. One "mealtime" was almost empty for offerings, had one small tray of stuff was brought out every so often and so many guests, everyone took one item and it was gone instantly. Very slim pickin's that day.

- Looking at the photopass photos, we got 2 sets of pictures from some other families. It looks like all of ours were there at least.

- Glad I read about the fake elevator. The first day we got there a couple commented how they've been there all week and that elevator never opened. I showed them why and it was funny.

- The elevators are fast! After tower of terror, you almost get ready to grab on!

- I don't think we are poor, nor very well off, pretty much standard middle class. At times we felt pretty out of place, like in Yachtsman and the whole club level experience.

- Pretty sure that the Beach Club's pool and location has knocked Wilderness Lodge out of our favorite place we've stayed at now.

Waaaaa its almost 5pm and no lounge to get a drink and sit back at the pool, back to food shopping, getting ready for open house and school to start up. :sad1:

Thanks for the detailed review. Had a lunch reservation for BOG but then IPOD just contacted us with a dinner reservation so noe I have to decide which one to keep. Looking forward to it either way.

- Being able to walk to Epcot, eat lunch anywhere and return when we wanted was great.

Thanks for the review. I love reading reviews like this. :goodvibes

We love being able to walk into Epcot for a quick meal or to catch Illuminations, then get back to the resort in minutes. The location is great.

- Went to Jellyrolls one night. It was fun. Later in the night they started playing more recent songs and we started to feel a bit old, but we closed the place down. Wow, 2 AM is quiet there! Nothing like college years any more! Saw lots of bunnies around though (too bad all tiny actual bunnies for the guys reading).

We've never gone into Jelly Rolls. We'll have to try it some day.

- It was cool being able to let kids do the marshmallow fire and then go to Epcot and pool and do everything by themselves for the first time. We went to Jellyrolls and they did their thing, just texting us when they changed where they were.
We had our first stay at the BC when our oldest was 16 and the youngest 11 years old. It was great to be able to let them go off and do their thing while we did ours. Most of the time everyone wanted to stay together. But after dinner they often stayed out later than DH and I, which was fine with us. They liked being at rope drop as much as we did, so no one stayed out much past 11pm anyway. :)

Pretty sure that the Beach Club's pool and location has knocked Wilderness Lodge out of our favorite place we've stayed at now.
After many stays at the Epcot resorts, mostly BC and BCV, we stayed at the WL for the first time in Feb. We loved the resort but missed the BC, too. We are going back to both of them, WL in Dec and BC at the end of April - best of both worlds. :goodvibes

Just logged into DME and I can make FP+ selections!!!! We are 31 days out and booked at BC......now to get cracking :cool1::cool1:

Regarding the campfire

We did it one evening for a little bit

The fire was wimpy and smoky. There was no singing

We did watch some rabbits eating discarded marshmallows tho

My DD6 has a crush on Cal who works the slides

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, the thread moves so fast its hard to search for a specific post.
We are staying CL and I was wondering if drinks (non-alcoholic) will be available all day or only during certain times, like breakfast, snack time, etc.
I am considering buying the refillable mug (as a souvenir) and if I can't get drinks any time during the day in the lounge I'll probably go ahead and do it.
Which brings me to my next question, does BC have the new rapid refill mugs yet? Thanks!

When we stayed CL drinks were available all day in the fridge, cans of pop, and they have ice tea, lemonade and water in a table in urns. Magic coffee machine was available all day.

When we stayed CL drinks were available all day in the fridge, cans of pop, and they have ice tea, lemonade and water in a table in urns. Magic coffee machine was available all day.

Thank you, I kind of figured that would be the case. It makes it a hard choice on whether to spend the money on a mug. I'd use it at home all the time, but the new ones seem really pricey! Oh, maybe I could just buy the "1 day" option even though I'll be there for more. (Not that I would use it for more than 1 day, I just want the mug itself).

Signing off everyone!! Leaving tomorrow morning and hope to spend the night in Savannah, then up and off to BC Friday morning!!! Thanks for all the info and tips!

Okay I know this has been covered before, but I've searched and can't find everything. I have ordered from Garden Grocer before, but was thinking of just ordering a case of water this time? Staples has free shipping, but how do they ship? Will I have to pay a fee to pick it up or is it USPS?

Anyone know the best way to get a case of water to the YC? And how much before should I order it. I'm at 9 days out now so I suppose anytime would be fine.

I would like to order a case of water to be shipped as well but am hesitant because of the fee that might be charged to pick it up. A friend of mine was at WDW recently and she used Turner Drugs--she just got a case of water from them and some soda too. They charge $7.50 to deliver to any WDW resort. Hope this helps!

DisneyEsther...perhaps we'll meet in the lounge later?? (I have 3 DDs a 13YO and a 10YO and a 6YO) TY For the SAB closing time...I know what we're gonna do later today!!!

Lookie at my ticker!!!!Just about 8 hours till wheels up!!!

Hope you are enjoying your first day at the YC. Sorry about the weather. It was thundering all afternoon. We were at the parks all day today. Maybe we will meet up before we leave on Sat. If you here a screaming 2yr old girl and then see a mother chasing after her in the lobby, that would be me. I also have a DS12, but I don't have to chase him around, he just stands their with his fater watching me :lmao:

Thanks for sharing!!
Almost that time! Have lots of fun :)

Hello from the Yacht Club! We have been here since Sunday & everything is just great. The resort is as lovely as ever.

We tried the Sunken Treasure on our first night here. The bartender remarked that a lot of people have been ordering them lately lol even though they have been off the menu for some time now!! It was a very refreshing drink & we enjoyed it.

It's presently thundering & trying to storm. We haven't had any rain all week though so I can't complain.

Magic Band testing is going well too. They are super convenient to use & all the FP+ that we booked online before we left home have worked like a charm.

Plans are to go to Studios tonight. Hopefully the weather will clear out by then.
We are loving the bands too. You are right about baking this week. Atleast we had some rain, but really the whole afternoon :confused3 I still haven't gotten my Sunken Treasure yet :sad2: Will have to find a quick getaway from the kids and have some quiet time :thumbsup2 hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Just logged into DME and I can make FP+ selections!!!! We are 31 days out and booked at BC......now to get cracking :cool1::cool1:
This is so exciting and saves alot of time at the parks. We have loved it so far :)

Signing off everyone!! Leaving tomorrow morning and hope to spend the night in Savannah, then up and off to BC Friday morning!!! Thanks for all the info and tips!
We are originally from NJ, but moved to Savannah GA 10 yrs ago. If you are staying downtown and love sushi, make sure you go to Sushi Zen. It is a small place, but the they have the best Sushi Chef. Enjoy your WDW vacation :)

I can't say enough about the CM's here. They are just wonderful! Now for some sleep and then Bizzard Beach!

Thanks for reporting this. I have been loosely following a FP+/MB thread and here is one post from someone who is trying to track info.

CONFIRMED FastPass+ RESORTS FOR SEPTEMBER
*based on DISer reports of access to FP+ on MDE website or MDE app - MagicBands are NOT YET confirmed for all resorts below

Updated as of Aug 15th at 12:19am

Value
Pop Century
Art of Animation

Moderate
Port Orleans Riverside

Deluxe
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club
Contemporary
Polynesian
Yacht Club

DVC
Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House

Just going to note that this is 9 resorts now and only 4 tested in Aug....I am still very hopeful that Sept will be a full scale test

MISSING RESORTS

Value
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
All Star Music

Moderates
Port Orleans French Quarter
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs

Deluxe
Grand Floridian
Boardwalk Inn
Wilderness Lodge

DVC
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Bay Lake Tower
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas

It looks like some people have been able to book FP+ for their September trips to BC (YC too? Not sure, so could some Sept YC guests check please)(BCV doesn't appear to be included)

Most have not been able to customize MB at this point.

I am not really sure on the process, but I believe that this involves logging into to your My Disney Experience account, and updating info if it is not there. There should be a tab that appears allowing you to make FP+ ressies.

If you are a

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, the thread moves so fast its hard to search for a specific post.
We are staying CL and I was wondering if drinks (non-alcoholic) will be available all day or only during certain times, like breakfast, snack time, etc.
I am considering buying the refillable mug (as a souvenir) and if I can't get drinks any time during the day in the lounge I'll probably go ahead and do it.
Which brings me to my next question, does BC have the new rapid refill mugs yet? Thanks!

The Rapid Refill machines are all set up in the Beach Club Marketplace (not sure about at the other refill locations like Hurricane Hanna's), so I suspect we will see the program rolling out soon, maybe in a couple-few weeks. I read on another site that Disney is trying to go live by the end of August.

Here is some info I got from poking around the 'net, along with pictures of the mugs that are at the resorts testing the new program. Note: The mugs have the same design with the characters poolside, but there are now some additional lid colors available:

Note: This picture is NOT from the BC resort!!!

Disney Rapid Refill Mugs

Some of the specific details:

Rapid Fill allows guests to purchase a specific number of days of refills. RFID chips are embedded in the mugs and will only allow usage for the actual purchased number of days. At the end of the period you purchased, the mug will automatically deactivate.
The Rapid Fill mugs can be used at any resort hotel quick service fountain, regardless of where it was originally purchased. Although, we are not sure how practical a benefit that will be to most guests.
Unlike the existing refillable mug program where pricing is fixed for a length of stay, the new Rapid Fill will use a tiered pricing structure. Pricing are as follows:
" $8.99 for 1 day
" $11.99 for 2 days
" $14.99 for 3 days
" $17.99 for length of stay
(Side note: days are counted as a calendar day, and not a 24 hour period!)
As with the current refillable mug program, it will be included in some Disney Dining Plan benefits. Past mugs will not be able to be reused, and a new mug will need to be purchased for each resort stay.

I am going to post the above info to the FAQ post (13) on Page 1, and try to update if there is any additional info. This thread is probably not the best place to speculate how well (or not) this program is going to work, there are other threads on the board that are better suited for that.

I would however, appreciate a report of when this does indeed go live at the resort. Thanks!

natebenma said:
Thanks for reporting this. I have been loosely following a FP+/MB thread and here is one post from someone who is trying to track info.

It looks like some people have been able to book FP+ for their September trips to BC (YC too? Not sure, so could some Sept YC guests check please)(BCV doesn't appear to be included)

Most have not been able to customize MB at this point.

I am not really sure on the process, but I believe that this involves logging into to your My Disney Experience account, and updating info if it is not there. There should be a tab that appears allowing you to make FP+ ressies.

If you are a

We have a MYW pkg - so the only tix we have linked to our DME acct are out MNSSHP tix. I've been checking each day for FP+ and finally last night i could do it. I am still unable to do MagicBands so hoping that changes in the next few days!!

Clients of mine are staying at the BC in September and they were able to pick their FP+ selections. No word on magic bands yet.

It sounds like lots of people are either there right now or arriving in th next day or two -- have a great time everyone! :cool1:

Dee.... our October dates changed slightly. We are now going from 10/20-10/24, still BC but now in GV room.

Got it!!! I'll make the change. Have a fantastic trip

:goodvibes

Yes, you may add me to the Guest list. Thanks for asking.

August 20 to 25th YC.

Will do!

:thumbsup2

Hi! I have alot of reading to do! lol
We just booked our first trip to BC. We have been there several times to eat and visit a little but never to stay. We are booked Dec. 22-Jan 1st at Beach Club in a Garden view room. DD is doing the college program so will be there to spend Christmas with her and then to move her back home.
We are thrilled to try out our first Deluxe resort. When we were at Disney last week we stayed at POP, POR and CSR. So this is going to be an awesome experience.

Now I am off to read up on this thread! :yay:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1.

:woohoo:

You may have noticed we are a VERY active and chatty group. Lots of info to check out on Page 1 and 2 of this thread, but if you have any specific questions, please let us know.

Its been a while since I have visited this thread...

Hi YC & BC fans :wave2:

We have finally taken the plunge and booked a split stay..YC/GF ...:woohoo: Now I need to head on back to the beginning pages and catch up on all that is new..or that I have forgotten...LOL.. :blush: ... Dee I know there is whole lot of great info there! :goodvibes

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for December. If you have specific dates you would like me to add, let me know.

:cool1:

Here's a jot list of comments from our last stay (and answers to some previous questions), we're home now, so sad. I am sure I forgot some stuff I thought I'd like to mention here. It is a long list, but maybe it can answer some other questions and I am sure a few of you will be more excited than before! Where's that cup of wine to go?

Forgot to ask your permission to add a link to this review on Page 2, where I link to pictures, videos and trip report.

:flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!