Don't Miss...

TexDisney

Earning My Ears
This March, DH and I will be going to DL for my 23rd birthday. I have been a Disney fanatic my entire life, but this will be my very first trip to ANY Disney park!!! (so excited!!!) :cloud9:

We are really trying to make this the "perfect" trip - staying at GC, planning on the dessert buffet for Fantasmic, several character meals, etc. princess:

However, I would really like some advice from those of you who have "been there done that" - What are the things that you absolutely would NOT miss at DL? From the little to big - what are your favorites???

:thanks:

-Lauren :tigger:

Breakfast with Minnie and Friends (at the Plaza). The characters spend time with you at your table and "talk" - pose for pictures etc. The Fairy Godmother spent a lot of time talking about what it was like to be the Fairy Godmother - a very nice time. I did it on my birthday and it was just my husband and me - he loved it too.

I also did the birthday party in the plaza (only adult celebrating birthday) - but the photo with Minnie and Mickey was worth it all. A cute little thing for your afternoon break - not really a "don't miss." Pat E. Cake does the little party - everyone decorates their own mickey head cake - and Minnie and Mickey attend.

You will have soooo much fun!

I would absolutely not miss eating at least one meal at Goofy's Kitchen, located at the Disneyland Hotel. We just ate there for the first time a few weeks ago, during our week long stay. I had made reservations for one breakfast there. During our meal, we decided we needed to go back! We ate breakfast/brunch there two more times. It is a little pricey, but if you eat there at brunch time, you're saving paying for another meal. The food is FANTASTIC! It is buffet, so many choices you wouldn't believe it!

Other things not to miss:
-Aladdin show at California Adventure
-Churros!
-Can't remember the name, but mexican restaurant at Downtown Disney. Very good and reasonable prices.
-Fireworks, viewed from in front of the castle. You can't see all of the lasers and other special effects unless you view from the frontside of the castle. I watched from the side of the castle and missed most of it. The last night there I watched from the courtyard with all the benches in front of the castle....PERFECT spot!
-The Electrical Parade
-Fantasmic

Gosh, it's so hard to pick just a few things! I'm a huge Disneyland fan, and think all attractions/shows/food/etc. are musts! LOL

Have fun!
-Ginny

You said you were doing Fantasmic! so thats good. I go to Disneyland multiple times a year and see it every time.
I would also say take at least an afternoon to really explore Downtown Disney. There are alot of great shops, restaurants and etc.
Also, take a walk over to the Disneyland Hotel. They have beautiful ponds, and scenic little walkways. Its a nice, quiet place to retreat from the crowds.
I am assuming you will be hitting up most of the rides, but make sure you do not miss Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, & all of Fantasyland. Can't beat those classic disney rides.
:goodvibes Have a fantastic time!!!

Forgot something!
Go over to the Snow White wishing well on the right side of Sleeping Beauty castle. Its very pretty & the wishing well sings.
I absolutely LOVE it! :wizard:

Get yourself a Dole Whip (or more if you like) :)

I've read on these boards that a lot of people like the Mint Julep drink, but I just had one for the first time a couple of days ago, and I couldn't even drink half of it. Even if I don't like something, I usually make myself finish it so I feel like I didn't just totally throw my money away. But I could not stand the Mint Julep.

Soarin over California at California Adventure is a great ride, although it seems a little short.

Finally, when waiting in line for the rides, check out the decorations of your surroundings, particularly Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones. The tombstones in the line for Haunted Mansion are funny. Not laugh out loud funny, but amusing. And inside Indiana Jones, there's a sign that says "look out for falling pillars" or something, and there are actually sticks and boards holding up pillars that have already begun to fall.

My Don't Miss List:

Spending a few coins at the Penny Arcade (pressed pennies, silent movies, fortune telling, etc)
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (sadly, this is almost always nearly empty, but I love it)
Dole Whip
Giant Rice Krispie Treats
Pictures with Mickey at his house
Riding the train all the way around the park
Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe (they are hilarious!)
Peter Pan's Flight (actually, I love all the Fantasyland rides and try to ride them all each trip)
Finding all the gags in Toon Town

-Space Mountain
-Splash Mountain
-it's a small world
-all the details, don’t let yourself get so overwhelmed that you miss the Hidden Mickeys.
-The 'center' of Disneyland. Ok Ill tell you where it is, go through the castle when you almost at the Fantasyland entrance look down, under the light should be a golden survey marker. This is the 'center' of Disneyland, where all the magic comes from. It was the center of the entire property, but with the expansion now it is more of a spiritual center, where all the magic comes from. I got this from a Disney Tour guide, not some random book or webpage.

-The 'front' of the castle. The real front of the castle is what people think to be the back. The 'front' as you see it as you enter the park is really the back, one day when the Imagineers were trying to figure out which way it looked better in their scale model, Walt walked in and told them he didn’t know what they did but it looks great and they shouldn’t change a thing.

-Walt’s apartment, while you cant tour it if you look above the fire house you will see a light this is Walt’s light, he always kept it on when he was in the park to let people know, now it is kept on because his spirit is always with DL

-The Tiki Room, the Tiki room started all of the Audio-Animatronics’ stuff in the parks, a must see for a Disney history buff.

-The Animation building at CA, it has original concept art for Disney movies on display, and a class you take to teach you how to draw a Disney Character. But the coolness doesn’t stop there, look around, Magic is everywhere at Disneyland, everywhere.

While not anything romantic, the Indiana Jones ride is a must-do. Jungle cruise at night is a must-do too!!!!

Don't miss Fantasmic! I know you said you were going to see it from the balconey. While it's probably the best viw, you haven't experienced Fantasmic unless you felt the water on your face, so you'll need to experience it once from the water border. For "backstage" views of Fantasmic: terrace of Hungry Bear restaurant.

Do a full tour with the Railroad.

Try to be at DCA at night, when the lights are on. It's so pretty then!

The grounds of the DLH: beautiful ponds and fish, nice fountains, and there is some wine bar downstairs? (not too sure about that one)

The piano player at the refreshment corner/ Casey's (the hot dog place on Main Street): after the park closure, when the rides are closed, but Main Street is still open, take a chair and enjoy him playing the piano. It's always big fun, since there are a lot of locals and the interaction with the piano player is... unique!

Mickey pancakes at the RiverBelle Terrace. At park opening, take the train to NOS, go to River Belle terrace and have some Mickey pancakes. Then, take a table outside and eat your pancakes while you enjoy the beauty of the place while there are no people there, and while the Mark Twain does its morning run. You will understand why Walt brunched there on Sunday!

Visit the Disney gallery. Ask the CMs for some explanations. It was supposed to be Walt's appartment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter