Don’t get the Topolinos hype

It makes it easier than perusing the novel they hand you at the Cheesecake factory. They do a few things and do them well.

That is absolutely hysterical as I and my family laugh at the ridiculous "phonebook" menu". Been going for many years as the food is excellent but that menu......

I had the worst food ever at Topilinos. The eggs were disgusting. The characters great, the rest did not live up to the hype.

Italian Food is extremely subjective and it also depends on the region in Italy a place is catering too. Mama Melrose was the place to be at one time to me that place was horrible But the Brick oven Pizza was not bad for what it was the rest was a joke but I am sure many will disagree. In the end service and or atmosphere can make food taste so much better than it is.... Take those away and you have a not so good experience. Bottom line if you do not like the items on the menu at Topilinos there are plenty of other great Italian restaurants on Disney property from BW area to DS that will serve Different items prepared in a Different way from Different parts of Italy. Personally Topilinos is not my type of Italian Cooking. My Grandfather way back in the day owner 2 Restaurants in NYC one was mentioned in a famous book however some here would of loved it and others would say the food sucks. For the most part if an Italian Restaurant meal does not have at least one course with good Gravy (sauce :crazy2:) its not for me.

I may be biased because I got engaged there... but it is my favorite restaurant on property (tied with Flying Fish). I used to like California Grill before Covid and the chef change- they ruined that goat cheese ravioli when the new chef came on board- but that prix fixe menu is a big nope for me.

I have only had the sole for dinner at Topolino's (three times). It's so good I just cannot bring myself to order anything else. And although I don't normally like duck- the duck confit gnocchi was outstanding. My husband has had 3 different dinner entrees and didn't like one of them- can't remember which.

The brunch is the best value on property and i thought that everything we tried was pretty darn good.
What did you get at brunch? The price tag looks expensive, but if it's worth it I'll might give it a try.

What did you get at brunch? The price tag looks expensive, but if it's worth it I'll might give it a try.
We ordered almost everything on the menu. It’s unlimited entrees, so we asked for smaller portions of nearly everything. Seriously, the best value! I remember I had the waffles and the quiche. My husband has the steak, the salmon, and the avocado toast. And you get a pastry basket.

We ordered almost everything on the menu. It’s unlimited entrees, so we asked for smaller portions of nearly everything. Seriously, the best value! I remember I had the waffles and the quiche. My husband has the steak, the salmon, and the avocado toast. And you get a pastry basket.
Oh OK, I assumed you chose one plus the pastry basket.

Oh OK, I assumed you chose one plus the pastry basket.
This is very much a YMMV situation. Some people have no trouble getting extra entrees to try, others have been told one entree per person. I’ve experienced both. Reminds me of how some people on these boards say there is no problem for an adult to order kids meals at WDW a la carte TS restaurants and others are told no, and both groups swear they are right. Experiences vary.

It is definitely not advertised as AYCTE so just be prepared they can and sometimes do say no.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Some people have no trouble getting extra entrees to try, others have been told one entree per person. I’ve experienced both. Reminds me of how some people on these boards say there is no problem for an adult to order kids meals at WDW a la carte TS restaurants and others are told no, and both groups swear they are right. Experiences vary.

It is definitely not advertised as AYCTE so just be prepared they can and sometimes do say no.
Ok. Just looking at the menu, the only entrée that looks possibly worth the cost is the steak. But if I could get that plus half of something else, that would be a nice filling brunch.

Wow that's crazy- after we ordered our first main entrée our server even asked us if we would like to try anything else. That's when we added all kinds of stuff. Of all the people I've known to have brunch there they have all ordered multiple items per person.

I echo what those have said that the hype is from the breakfast. We are breakfast people, and it was the best one we had the whole trip. The pastry basket was a wonderful addition. It was also the only meal we had that we thought was worth (for Disney) the price.

We’ve been 3 times, and always order extras. They even suggest it. They told me to order the fruit plate for the table when I asked about the sides, and a half order of the waffles to go with the quiche. We didn’t care for the potatoes at all, so that worked perfectly

I have only been for breakfast but its been excellent each time. The Pastry basket is great, the waffles and steak are excellent!!

Atmosphere is very cool but the menu is limited and the food, well, bland. At least it was the 2 times I tried it. It’s officially off my list now. Cali grill blows the doors off this place. What am I missing?
We thought dinner was way overrated, but did enjoy the Ricotta Antipasto. We won’t be returning anytime soon.

We ate at Tipolino’s once, soon after it opened and have boycotted it since. We both ordered the Pomodoro pasta. Now I’ve had Pomodoro in Rome, Sienna, Naples, Florence and Venice and I’ve never seen anything like what we got. What we were served was bucatini pasta with some roasted tomatoes SWIMMING in 1/4 to 1/2 inch of Olive oil. It was unedible. We complained to the waiter who said that it was “traditionally prepared that way” When we disputed that based upon our experiences in Italy he just huffed off. No desire to go back.

We enjoyed our dinner, but had different reactions to our dinner choices. I ordered the dover sole and loved it. DH ordered the bouillabaisse and thought it was terrible and not like a bouillabaisse at all (which he has enjoyed in many different restaurants, especially in France). We both enjoyed the ricotta appetizer. Atmosphere and service were great. Would go back, but won’t order the bouillabaisse.

We loved it for breakfast. The only criticism I have is we had never done a character meal before and the characters were always at the table. We didn’t have 2 minutes before the next character was there. Repeatedly … the whole time.

I had a bad meal there in April and the waiter was terrible. I ordered the filet-medium and it was clearly well done, looked like they even tried to hide the fact the way they plated it. It took a while to flag down the waiter to send it back. It came back out as medium well without the extra sauces on the plate. I ate it anyway. The waiter was pretty much absent any time we needed something. Some things we had to ask for multiple times-like condiments, refills on sodas that should be automatic. Then we were charged for 2 kids desserts that came free with the meal. Nothing done to account for the fact that I was eating my recooked meal after my family had already finished eating. The waiter was probably busy at one point but at the end of the night it was us and only one other table and he was still MIA. It was over a 2 hour experience without any appetizers and with one cocktail each which we placed with our food order. We ate there a year ago and food and service were 100x better. I wish Cali Grill wasn’t pre-fixe. We ate there last year and got apps, entrees, and desserts so don’t mind purchasing a full meal there, but the new menu does not fit with some of our food restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter