Dolphin special room request email response??

allicat1214

CajunDisneyMom
Hello!

We check into the Dolphin on Sunday!!!!! I submitted a special room request via swandolphin.com on Tuesday morning. I didn't want to submit it too early. I had read that the room assignments are made just a few days in advance.

I haven't received a response back and it's been 72 hours (their website says they try to respond within 72 hours.) Should I be worried??

I'm a SPG Gold member and I mentioned that on the room request. My ressies say:

2 DOUBLE BEDS
DELUXE NON-SMOKING RM RESORT VIEW WITH BALCONY FREE HIGHSPEED INTERNET ACCESSARMOIRE/TV/STOCKED MINIBAR, VIEW OF THE RESORT AREA AND CRESCENT LAKE. THE ROOM CONTAINS IRON & IRONING BOARD, COFFEE MAKER, HAIR DRYER, WALL SAFE.

I became a Gold member after I made the ressies. I'd love an upgrade, but the main issue is non-smoking because of allergies. Should I call to politely confirm? If so should I ask for reservations or concierge? The special room request page says it goes to the concierge.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for the great tips once again! I'll take pictures and post and give a full report when I return.

It's our first trip to the Dolphin, we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, and we just can't wait! Can you tell??!!!??

Don't be worried. You can request at check-in, also. I have never been not given a non-smoking room. I have also received wonderful comp upgrades and one came by my asking at check-in (I am spg Gold, too).

Have a wonderful trip.

Happy Anniversary! :wave2:

Originally posted by allicat1214
Hello!

We check into the Dolphin on Sunday!!!!! I submitted a special room request via swandolphin.com on Tuesday morning. I didn't want to submit it too early. I had read that the room assignments are made just a few days in advance.

I haven't received a response back and it's been 72 hours (their website says they try to respond within 72 hours.) Should I be worried??

I'm a SPG Gold member and I mentioned that on the room request. My ressies say:

2 DOUBLE BEDS
DELUXE NON-SMOKING RM RESORT VIEW WITH BALCONY FREE HIGHSPEED INTERNET ACCESSARMOIRE/TV/STOCKED MINIBAR, VIEW OF THE RESORT AREA AND CRESCENT LAKE. THE ROOM CONTAINS IRON & IRONING BOARD, COFFEE MAKER, HAIR DRYER, WALL SAFE.

I became a Gold member after I made the ressies. I'd love an upgrade, but the main issue is non-smoking because of allergies. Should I call to politely confirm? If so should I ask for reservations or concierge? The special room request page says it goes to the concierge.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for the great tips once again! I'll take pictures and post and give a full report when I return.

It's our first trip to the Dolphin, we're celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary, and we just can't wait! Can you tell??!!!??

what kind of upgrade are you hoping for? We love the resort view, with the balcony....haven't had a bad view yet :)

I would politely mention at check-in about your anniversary, you never know what might happen!

Have a safe trip!

I'm not sure really what's available that up from resort view with balcony. I know there are suites and club level, but am not sure that we would even qualify.

I've just read on these boards that with gold you may get an upgrade...and people rave about them! Again, just the balcony and view will be great. My main concern is the non-smoking due to allergies!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Allison

Originally posted by allicat1214
I'm not sure really what's available that up from resort view with balcony. I know there are suites and club level, but am not sure that we would even qualify.

I've just read on these boards that with gold you may get an upgrade...and people rave about them! Again, just the balcony and view will be great. My main concern is the non-smoking due to allergies!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Allison

Upgrades for SPG gold are given based on availability. Since you have a resort view with balcony reserved already, I would try for CL access while keeping your original room. There seems to be some uncertainty as to whether or not that's allowed any more, but it is worth a shot.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I am also inexperienced with making these requests, but I've been following these boards for a while.

Is it true that it's best not to ask for too many features in a special request? I remember reading that it can backfire. -- That if there's a couple of preferences, you have a greater chance of getting what you request and if it's so specific and such an exact upgrade is not available, there are problems getting any of the features requested.

Is that the experience of those currently following this thread who have had experience making special room requests?

I'd love to hear and perhaps some other folks are interested in learning more.

allicat, good luck in getting your preferences. I will look forward to hearing how it goes.

KIS

I'm trying the Dolphin for the first time in May, so I can't speak to how they meet requests.

But at wdw in general, I've always felt that I have luck in getting my requests because I am very general (non-smoking, wood view or bayou depending on where I am :p ).

I think people set themselves up to be disappointed when they make things so specific that there is no way all of the requests can be met. When i see people write about how their whole vacation was 'ruined' because they didn't get a particular room or view, I feel they have no one to blame but themselves.

Part of the fun of wdw, is letting the magic wash over you:wizard: . I've never been disappointed with any room at wdw, because I am there.

When I was at WL in October, I politely asked the CM if there were a chance of getting a King Bed room. I hadn't requested it and it wouldn't have made or broke my vacation if I didn't get it.

She worked for a few minutes and got me my room, When I saw it was on the first floor, I had to bite my tongue, because I hate first floor rooms. But, I didn't say anything because she had been so nice to work to get me what I asked for.

When I got to the room I was so happy I hadn't said anything. The room was perfect, in a great location and an upgrade to courtyard view.

The magic worked again:goodvibes:

I have not asked for anything specific for my Swan and Dolphin stays. I just humbly write an e mail asking for a comp upgrade if at all possible. On my July 2003 Swan stay, upon check-in, I did ask for a balcony room if possible since the CM was reading my standard room ressie and never mentioned my e mail request. I thought what have I got to lose? Just ask about the balcony - all she could say was no. We got the balcony room and it was jr. suite!:D

You can join at spg.com. See if this link works for you:
http://www.starwood.com/preferredguest/account/newroc_join1.html

There's no charge for joining.

Also, if you have a AAA membership, you can get preferred plus status. If you have that, let me know and I'll track down that link for you. If you have a Starwood American Express, you can get gold status. And, as I understand it, if you have a Platinum American Express card, you can get a Platinum level Starwood card. The benefits of each level are at this link (click on the left side of the page to check the benefits for each level):
http://www.starwood.com/preferredguest/benefits/index.html

Thanks, Piglette, for helping alliecats. I was not able to DIS for a couple of days - so I am catching up. Any further questions, I'd be glad to help.

Thanks to you both! WHAT did I do without this site? Planning is 98% of the fun of a trip (this blow's my DH's mind!) and this site is making it even more fun. I am addicted! I appreciate everyone being so helpful.:happy1:

I think in my case, what I want us to have most is a fireworks views. So, I'll ask for that and see what else comes with it or whether or not we get that view, for that matter.

I appreciate this discussion.

I had a feeling that being too specific is annoying and not saying anything wouldn't work, of course.

KIS

KIS

I have a question...speaking of the fireworks view--I don't really care if I have the view from my room, but I was wondering if there's a good place to watch outside around the Dolphin somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter