Dolphin-rollaway bed question, and...

HappyandDoc

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I am getting conflicting reports on rollaway bed pricing. The boards have stated guests having them free of charge for children. The FAQ and 2 S/D reservationists stated $25 for everyone including children, cribs are complimentary. So anybody know what's the real story? $25 a night can add up for a lengthly stay!
Also, we love POR atmosphere, relaxation, and convenience (i.e not too big, nice food court, etc.). I can get a good teachers rate at the Dolphin, but will we be disappointed? Is it more hustle-bustle and lively atmosphere? How long does it take to get to the pool or the transportation? Thanks for your thoughts, in advance!!

From what I"ve gathered, 25.00 is the official policy, but, that fee is sometimes waived.

Why not call the hotel and explain your circumstances and see what they say? I would certainly mention that you have heard that some guests are not being charged the extra fee if the roll-away is for their children. Can't hurt and might save you some $$$

I can't tell you what their current policy is, but I can tell you what they told me when I made my reservations. We stayed there two different times, and twice they told me they wouldn't charge me for the rollaway, because it was for a child and not an adult.

Tubbi's is okay but it is a little more expensive than a regular food court. I personally like the one at POR better, but I haven't stayed at POR since '98, so that might have changed. But there are a lot of dining options nearby with the BW, Y&BC and Epcot.

The transportation is better, IMO, at the Swan/Dolphin than POR. They have boats to Epcot and MGM, although they are slow but enjoyable. You can also walk to either park, though MGM is a bit farther and would be faster if you took the boat. The boat dock is right between the 2 hotels and you share them with Y/BC and BW resorts. For all other parks you take a bus and that is located in front of the building kind of off to the right side if you are facing the front. It is not too far of a walk depending on where your room is...maybe 5 minutes at most.

The pool is not that far either. It is closer to the Dolphin than the Swan, though not by much.

Personally if you can get a good rate, I would go with the Dolphin. It is a much better resort with more amenities and the location is the best in WDW. I didn't think it was more hustle and bustle atmosphere, though maybe it is if there is a convention going on and they close the pool. They did have one when we were there last June and they did have part of the pool area closed one evening. But other than that, I didn't really notice it. There is a lot more activity going on at the BW, which is just a short stroll away. So you are close enough for all the excitement of the BW and far enough away for the peace and quiet. JMHO.

If I were you, I would call the Swan/Dolphin 800 number and ask them about the rollaway. I can understand that $25 more per night is a lot especially if you are staying for a week or longer.

We are staying at POR in June, because we don't qualify for the teacher's discount like we did last year (my daughter is the teacher and she isn't going this year), but I sure wish I could get the Dolphin instead of POR.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter