Dolphin Fountain?

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
I'm staying at the Dolphin for the first time. Thinking about eating here before taking off for Enight- me, hubby and my 2 princesses (7&9). How is it?

The food is good but the menu is very limited. Basically burgers and hotdogs. A few other things, i always get the pattymelt, cheeseburger on toast.

We ate there last trip because we didn't feel like walking to Beaches and Cream - and I did regret it. It wasn't as good as Beaches and Cream and it cost more than Beaches and Cream. I'll walk next time.

The menu has 50's items - burgers , shakes and the
best BLT. Menu is below ...

The kids meals come in a paper 57 Chevy car
with chips and ice cream for dessert.
My DD wanted pizza, so we got her pizza from Tubbies
next door and brought it to our Fountain table.
The servers did not mind. It's all the same resort.

The Fountain staff also does a 50's dance about once every
30 - 40 minutes. My DH asked if he could video tape them.
The dance was performed 15 mins early - just for my DH :)

The Fountain has wonderful desserts.

Here's the menu from www.wdwig.com/menu/meun_df.htm
The Golden Oldies
Platters Served with Chips and Pickle
Tender Lovin' Crispy Chicken - lettuce, tomato and onion $6.95

Build Your Own All American Grilled Cheese - Melted American cheese, your choice of ham, bacon or tomato; choice of white or wheat bread $6.95

Betty's BLT - The age-old classic -- Crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato; choice of white or whole wheat bread; add American, Cheddar or Swiss Cheese $6.25

Kick'N Chick'N Caesar Salad - topped with grilled, sliced chicken breast and served in a warm bread bowl $8.95

Zuko's Tuna Salad - tuna salad on a toasted English muffin, crisp lettuce, tomato and onion $6.95

Nothin But a Chili Cheese Dog - piled high with chili and melted cheese $5.50

The New York Dog - filled to the top with mustard and sauerkraut $5.50

The Classic Chicago Dog - Chicago peppers, relish, mustard, tomatoes, onions and celery salt $5.75

Build Your Own James Dean Burger - 8 ounce burger with lettuce, tomato, onions. Choice of American, Swiss or Cheddar cheese; hot chili, bacon, or sauteed mushrooms $7.95

Swivel Hips Patty Melt - 8 ounce burger smothered with American cheese, grilled onions, and sliced tomatoes, served on white bread $7.95

Beach Boy Burgers - four mini burgers with diced onions, ketchup and mustard on the side $7.95

Twistin Veggie Burger - 8 ounce vegetable pattie served with lettuce, sliced onion and tomato, your choice of American, Swiss or Cheddar Cheese $7.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Flip Side
Larry, Moe and Curly Fries - $2.50; add melted cheese and chili $3.50
Too Cool Breaded Onion Rings - $3.00
Tortilla Chips and Salsa - $2.25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ice Cream Shop
Cones - Cake, Sugar, Waffle and Sprinkle Cone- one or two scoops $2.25 - $3.50

Banana Fo-Fana Split - The classic with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream topped with pineapple, hot fudge and strawberry sauce, whipped cream, peanuts and a cherry $5.95

Strawberry Shortcake - A scoop of vanilla and strawberry ice cream, strawberry topping and whipped cream, all piled on top of our homemade shortcake $5.50

Boppin' Brownie - A homemade fudge brownie, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and walnuts $6.00

Dolphin Splash - Pick 7 flavors and we'll splash em with all the sauces and toppings $11.50

Sundae, Sundae - Your choice of two scoops of ice cream, 2 sauces and two toppings $5.25

Shakes N Malts and Ice Cream Sodas - Your choice of flavors $4.25

Billy D. Lite - Fat free vanilla yogurt blended with skim milk, strawberry sauce and a fresh banana $4.25

Rockin' Soda Float - Two scoops of vanilla ice cream topped with your choice of coke, cream soda or root beer $4.25

The Comet's Cooler - Homemade orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream, blended with our secret ingredient to make this very cool $4.25

Sweets and Treats
Homemade Pie - $3.25; a la mode add $1.00
Giant Cookies, Fudge Brownies - your choice $2.50

Beverages
Bud/Bud Lite/Miller Lite - $3.75
Heineken - $4.00
Soda, Tea, Milk, Pink Lemonade $2.00
Root Beer, Cream Soda, Diet Root Beer $2.50
Evian, Perrier - $2.75
Espresso, Cappuccino, Decaf Cappuccino, Cafe espresso, Cafe Au Lait - $3.25
Orange, Cranberry, Apple Juice $2.00

Jodi1980 (BTW-great year!) I've never been to either restaurant, though I've read rave reviews on Beaches & Cream. Do you know if B & C is very crowded at early dinner time?

I've read that it is but we've only eaten there maybe 4 times and it was always fine. I believe we would eat early lunch or late dinner. Only once did we have a choice of a small table but we choose the counter instead so we could watch they cook and make the ice cream desserts. One night we saw 4-5 kitchen sinks being made! Since we are staying at the Dolphin in Dec and will be so close, I plan on stopping there once or twice. We also had pizza once from Spoodles take-out window and ate on the Boardwalk -that was fun!

I've had the BLT twice & both times it was really good. The bakery selections are very good. My wife loves cookies & she says the oatmeal/raisin cookies there are the best she's ever had--and they are huge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter