dollar value of one TS credit

livinintexas

Mouseketeer
Somewhere I read on the DIS the actual dollar value one TS credit but I forgot what the amount was. Does anyone know what that is or if what I read was even a true amount?

That depends entirely on where and what you eat. It fluctuates wildly depending on the restaurant and what you order. A burger at Sci-fi is not going to cost as much as the Crab at Captain's Grill. You get an entrée, beverage and dessert at any DDP restaurant.

Somewhere I read on the DIS the actual dollar value one TS credit but I forgot what the amount was. Does anyone know what that is or if what I read was even a true amount?

The adult DDP cost for the rest of 2013 and 2014 is $58.66.

So, if you assume a $4 snack and $17 QS ($10 entrée, $3 drink, $4 dessert), that leaves $37.66 for your TS. This is a rough "value" and does not figure in the tax rate of 6.5%, so when you go looking at menus you'll need to add in the tax to get your totals.

The adult DDP cost for the rest of 2013 and 2014 is $58.66.

So, if you assume a $4 snack and $17 QS ($10 entrée, $3 drink, $4 dessert), that leaves $37.66 for your TS. This is a rough "value" and does not figure in the tax rate of 6.5%, so when you go looking at menus you'll need to add in the tax to get your totals.

So, the tax is included in the dining plan, and if you go OOP you should figure that in your calculations, correct?

Plus you probably would have to subtract the value of your mug over the amount of days too.

Plus you probably would have to subtract the value of your mug over the amount of days too.

Yeah, I tend to forget about the mug, but I shouldn't. The value here is a little more difficult. For us, it's just a "free" souvenir if we get the DDP, and we don't use them very often after we get home; they just sit on the shelf. We rarely eat at the resort food court, so we don't get to use it much while at Disney. Other people do use them and now that the mugs have a per day or length of stay cost, it makes it more difficult to assign them value when discussing the value of DDP.

Perhaps someone else could help us here with the math??

It really can get tricky. For us, it's always been FD or OOP. But,I started reading some of the posts,and since I love planning anyway, am just double checking on the math.

Thanks for the information! We are getting FD for the length of our stay from December 20-30, so it is a huge savings for us since a room only or AP discount would only be on our first 3 nights. I was just curious to see how we would have come out if we were paying.

I am paying OOP for some using TiW. We will pay OOP for:

Rose and Crown, HDDR, and LC

I decided to add Ohana breakfast and was trying to figure out if I should pay out of pocket for that or R&C. It came out really close in price, so I decided to use the FDP for Ohana since we would not have eaten there without the plan (but I've wanted to for a long time).

We are doing a lot of character meals since I'd never pay those prices since we have teenagers but since this will be our last long Disney trip as a family it is a good grand finale!

We do have the 2 day tickets from the package which we will use for a couple days on a beach vacation.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the information! We are getting FD for the length of our stay from December 20-30, so it is a huge savings for us since a room only or AP discount would only be on our first 3 nights. I was just curious to see how we would have come out if we were paying.

I am paying OOP for some using TiW. We will pay OOP for:

Rose and Crown, HDDR, and LC

I decided to add Ohana breakfast and was trying to figure out if I should pay out of pocket for that or R&C. It came out really close in price, so I decided to use the FDP for Ohana since we would not have eaten there without the plan (but I've wanted to for a long time).

We are doing a lot of character meals since I'd never pay those prices since we have teenagers but since this will be our last long Disney trip as a family it is a good grand finale!

We do have the 2 day tickets from the package which we will use for a couple days on a beach vacation.

Thanks again!

are you sure about the "room discount"? usually, if you check in at the time of the room discount, it continues through the entire stay, as long as not changing resorts, thus ending one ressie and starting another?

are you sure about the "room discount"? usually, if you check in at the time of the room discount, it continues through the entire stay, as long as not changing resorts, thus ending one ressie and starting another?

Room discounts are only good for the days listed. They don't carry through. Dining discounts like FD or SPD do carry through.

When I booked FD, I asked about a room only discount and as stated above, it is only for the specific dates. Even figuring on the low side ($40 per day per person for our family of 4), free dining would save us $160 per day which is more than a room only discount would be.

I'm pretty excited and think I am getting max. value out of the offer.

We are eating at:
Chef Mickey's
Rose & Crown - paying OOP w/ TiW
1900 Park Fare
Yak & Yeti (not a TiW)
Chefs de France (CPDP)- Christmas Eve (no TiW discount) 2TS credits
Tusker House breakfast- Christmas morning (no TiW discount)
Narcoossee's Christmas dinner- no TiW- 2TS credits
Akerhus dinner
Planet Hollywood- OOP- TiW and $15 package certificate
Ohana breakfast
HDDR- prepaid already
Le Cellier - OOP w TiW- husband's birthday dinner

We also have photopass+ so lots of character meal pictures. It should be a great grand finale WDW trip. We have gone yearly to WDW or DL since 2001.

sharonabe summed up the "value" of a TS credit using pretty much the same numbers I do. I generally assume that to make a 1 TS venue efficient, you're pre-tax bill needs to be about $35. Assuming about $7 per dessert and $3 for a drink, your entree needs to be about $25.

For the Signatures, it gets a little more pricey. The pre-tax bill needs to be about $70. Desserts run about $12 and drinks are about $3, so the entree needs to be about $55. Narcoossee's is one place where you have options.

I don't factor in the cost of the mug into my estimates (varies to much depending on length of stay).

I had thought about switching Rose & Crown for a more expensive place and pay OOP for the Ohana breakfast but I have a 7:35 ADR at Rose & Crown and am hoping to watch Illuminations from the patio.

We used the TiW card enough to break even last December and July we used it a couple of times to actual save but getting FD means we won't use it as much as planned. It was still a good deal though (even after the price increase) and we may use it for drinks and appetizers for some of our dining plan meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter