Dollar store finds...

I was in Dollar Tree this week, getting a few little trinkets to trade with the Jawas, and for the first time checked out the dollar freezer section and bought a few things! I still haven't eaten any of them, but I am now hopeful. Thanks ya'll.

I've just started getting a few things from the freezer there, their Chicken Egg rolls are really good. The ravioli is was okay but I probably won't buy that again. The Nathan's hot dogs are good especially to bring for lunch and pop in the microwave. They also have had in the past Jimmy Dean sausage links those are good.

Big lover of dollar tree!
Always browse - stock changes often.

My store has Thomas Mini bling bags, some little doll blind bag (that I've seen at walmart for $3+) and my friends have found MLP blind bags as well. If your kids ANYTHING like mine, they lose their minds over them! So finding them at a fraction of the cost is so so amazing. I plan on buying glow sticks, those square towels, etc for our cruise from there. Kid doesn't care where it comes from, just that it has his favorite characters on it. Coloring books are worth buying there as well - get crayons elsewhere, cause theirs suck, but the books themselves are good.

I'm not a fan of walmart - worked for them for 6 months, and yeah. If I can avoid it, I do. I only ever go wandering in there to a.) kill free time or b.) know they're doing inventory - aka clearancing stuff out. I got those little bags of Star Wars legos for $0.50 for my FE group from there.

Also, this time last year, I guess they got a buy out? anyways, they had the 25+ pill bottles of Excedrin for $1. There was $1/1 coupons, so I stocked up. We go through so much, it was definitely worth the couple of pennies in tax I paid. (they don't expire until 7/17)

Ponchos, rain hats, throw away shower caps, cheap water bottles that can be tossed after a trip, toothpaste and toothbrushes (for trips too), room freshners, cards, paper, and gardening items are just a few of the items I pick up. Yes, Walmart is also good, but I don't live by one and I am not making a trip there just for toothpaste, so the smaller tube is just fine and I think we can all agree that both have their perks.

Just went yesterday. They had cute melamine dishware--perfect for the backyard. We have a pool, so I don't want glass (or breakable dishes) out there. The kids were thrilled to have special dishes for outside entertaining! They had a decent selection of summer/pool party/luau type stuff, including serving ware and decorations.

I also got spice drops, which my DD13 needed for a science class project, and cheap nail polish. Also a couple fuzzy pens--I thought my kids might be a little old for these, but they were both thrilled.

I typically avoid food, and body stuff like lotions, etc. I have very sensitive skin, and a rash is NOT worth being cheap over!

My girls happened upon these freeze dried strawberries and they eat them like candy! I looked for them elsewhere and the only place I have seen them in my city was Walmart and at 3.99! The bag wasn't much bigger either, even by half! I love getting them because my girls are notorious for junk food and I feel like this is a healthy alternative

Every time I go to our local Dollar Tree, I must swing by the medicine aisle and crack up at the boxes of pregnancy tests conveniently placed next to the marijuana drug test. o_O

When we were TTC we quickly learned to stock up on the dollar tree tests. Once that showed positive we'd spend the $20 on the digital read.
This. Or the $0.88 tests from Walmart.

When you're TTC, ain't nobody got the $$ for those $20 tests At least, if you're like me and tested every few days. Cause impatient.

This. Or the $0.88 tests from Walmart.

When you're TTC, ain't nobody got the $$ for those $20 tests At least, if you're like me and tested every few days. Cause impatient.

Or, you're like me, and you're "not trying, but not, not trying". We have a 6-year gap between #2 and #3--$20 tests would have put me in the poor house! As it was, "the one" was an old test, that I had lying around, it may have been past its date. I remember squinting at the test, trying to see if there was a second line, then waking up DH at the crack of dawn, to see if he could see a second line. There was! But, that's how it goes with cheap (and old) tests.

Back on topic, I'm traveling next month, so Dollar Tree is a great source for stuff like manicure kits, hand sanitizer, and other travel needs. I'm going to Italy with my 2 DDs, so if I need to jettison supplies to make room for wine, the Dollar Tree stuff can go, no guilt. I bought a 6-load bottle of Gain, which we'll use to wash things in the sink--maybe at a laundromat, too, if we find one. Then I'll leave the bottle behind.

Every time I go to our local Dollar Tree, I must swing by the medicine aisle and crack up at the boxes of pregnancy tests conveniently placed next to the marijuana drug test. o_O

My sister-in-law who is an OBGYN told me she recommends the DollarTree tests to her patients. They are fine.

Here's a small post by another OBGYN referring to a study that found them 100% accurate (link to the actual study is out of date though):
http://www.drlindaburkegalloway.com...ht-to-know-about-dollar-store-pregnancy-test/

But I admit I share your amusement at the fact that they are next to the marijuana test. I guess save a trip and buy both at the same time??? LOL

Last edited:
Or, you're like me, and you're "not trying, but not, not trying". We have a 6-year gap between #2 and #3--$20 tests would have put me in the poor house! As it was, "the one" was an old test, that I had lying around, it may have been past its date. I remember squinting at the test, trying to see if there was a second line, then waking up DH at the crack of dawn, to see if he could see a second line. There was! But, that's how it goes with cheap (and old) tests.

Back on topic, I'm traveling next month, so Dollar Tree is a great source for stuff like manicure kits, hand sanitizer, and other travel needs. I'm going to Italy with my 2 DDs, so if I need to jettison supplies to make room for wine, the Dollar Tree stuff can go, no guilt. I bought a 6-load bottle of Gain, which we'll use to wash things in the sink--maybe at a laundromat, too, if we find one. Then I'll leave the bottle behind.

Just a thought, would the little pods be an easier/lighter pack for your trip? Enjoy your trip, Italy is my "dream" trip...one of these days:)

Just a thought, would the little pods be an easier/lighter pack for your trip? Enjoy your trip, Italy is my "dream" trip...one of these days:)

I thought of the pods, but my thinking was, if we wash out stuff in the sink, they wouldn't work so well. We're going for 12 days, so I figure 1 bottle of $1 Gain could save us several outfits apiece. And tossing it at the end will free up some luggage space for wine, so it's a win-win! BTW, we're doing Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Assisi, Sorrento, and Pompeii. The trip is a college graduation present for my older DD, we plan to eat our weights in pasta and gelato.

I thought of the pods, but my thinking was, if we wash out stuff in the sink, they wouldn't work so well. We're going for 12 days, so I figure 1 bottle of $1 Gain could save us several outfits apiece. And tossing it at the end will free up some luggage space for wine, so it's a win-win! BTW, we're doing Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, Assisi, Sorrento, and Pompeii. The trip is a college graduation present for my older DD, we plan to eat our weights in pasta and gelato.

I use a little shampoo to wash things out in my sink when I'm travelling; works just fine. Probably more expensive than the Gain, but takes up less room.

Yeah, if it was just me, washing out socks and undies, I would go the shampoo route. But, with two girls with me, I figured it was a good investment. Besides, we're covered if we end up hitting a laundromat.

Yeah, if it was just me, washing out socks and undies, I would go the shampoo route. But, with two girls with me, I figured it was a good investment. Besides, we're covered if we end up hitting a laundromat.

There is the whole teens not understanding that a drop or two of shampoo is sufficient to wash undies in a sink thing that I didn't think about. . .I might know this from personal experience (both when I was a teen travelling and from travelling with teens). :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter