Doing a two week solo trip in December, what do you think?

huskerfanatic7

Mouseketeer
I just closed on my resale contract a little over a week ago and this is what i was able to scratch together so far. Im so excited!

Nov 27-30 Boardwalk Villas Studio- Boardwalk view
Nov 30-Dec 3 Animal Kingdom Villas Studio- Savanna View
Dec 3-Dec 5 Universal Cabana Bay
Dec 5-8 Copper Creek Villas 1BR
Dec 8-Dec 10 Copper Creek Villas- Studio
Dec 10-Dec12 Beach Club Villas- Studio

Last edited:
wow 2 weeks. i'm not sure i could do that long alone. have fun!

wow 2 weeks. i'm not sure i could do that long alone. have fun!

I did it the first time in 2019 and was very nervous but ended up having a blast and it flew by. I ended up talking to a few people on my trip or facetimed my friends or family if i needed some interaction. Being alone ended up not being as big of a deal as i thought going into it.

I do two weeks nearly every trip. I find the Christmas trips worse because I associate it so much with family time (doesn't mean I don't have fun but I do tend to check in with people more. Trips at other times of the year I have no problems going to so long.

Sounds like a lovely plan!!! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!

Fun! Jealous! I hope you picked a family suite at Cabana Bay! I think that SŚR stay at the end is going to feel like a bland location at the end compared to all your prior nights.

Fun! Jealous! I hope you picked a family suite at Cabana Bay! I think that SŚR stay at the end is going to feel like a bland location at the end compared to all your prior nights.

Thanks. Yes I got a family suite at Cabana Bay. It actually cost less than a standard room. I grabbed two nights at Copper Creek Studio for the 8-10th so now i have only two nights at Saratoga Springs. I will try to replace the other Saratoga nights if i can.

Sounds great!

I love the idea of four different resorts during a two week stay. I've done two 14 day stays. One was all at one resort, the second was a 7/7 split stay. I've been thinking of a trip right after Thanksgiving; maybe I'll try something like what you're doing...

Your trip sounds great, especially the trip to Universal part. We love Universal and always visit while at disney.
Now, I think we will go to Universal, and make a day or 2 trip to disney.

Your trip sounds great, especially the trip to Universal part. We love Universal and always visit while at disney.
Now, I think we will go to Universal, and make a day or 2 trip to disney.

I love Universal too. I'm doing the Orlando Informer Meetup on Dec 3,4 as well. Ive stayed at Cabana Bay before and loved the lazy river. I just wished they had boats to the parks then it would be top tier

That’s a lot of room changing but sounds awesome. I think Saratoga is a good way to end your trip. I didn't think I’d like it when I did the DVC tour but it’s a very relaxing feel you get from the hectic parks.

That’s a lot of room changing but sounds awesome. I think Saratoga is a good way to end your trip. I didn't think I’d like it when I did the DVC tour but it’s a very relaxing feel you get from the hectic parks.

I haven't stayed at Saratoga before but i hear goods things after they recently got done with the refurb. I definitely wouldn't be doing so much changing if i brought my family. It's much easier switching resorts solo so i don't mind it at all

I haven't stayed at Saratoga before but i hear goods things after they recently got done with the refurb. I definitely wouldn't be doing so much changing if i brought my family. It's much easier switching resorts solo so i don't mind it at all

SSR gets a lot of bad reviews, but it is one of my favorite places to stay. I love that I can walk/boat over to DS. That just opens up so many more dining options. I also like the rooms and am happy that they are getting a refurb. The pools are nice also and the cast members have all been great.

Just an update on my itinerary after stalking availability daily for the past 5 months

Nov 27-30 Beach Club Studio
Nov 30-Dec 5 Polynesian Studio
Dec 5-Dec 12 Beach Club Studio
We frequently do split stays, but 3 nights is our minimum. We've done one and two night stays and I feel like I'm always packing and unpacking.
I'm glad to see you were able to get some longer night stays! This list looks awesome (and I'm a tad jealous!)!!!!
A couple of other tips: since you have to take a bus to AK regardless of where you stay, we always do AK on our move days. Also, we usually try to do DS on our days when we are staying at EP resorts, as it's a shorter bus trip. We try to minimize use of the buses as much as possible. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter