Dog Days of Summer - August 2022 Exercise Challenge

:rainbow:Hooray for color changes today!!
Congrats to Raya, Elizabeth Smith, sophy1996, and the TEAM!!

20 treadmill minutes for me (235/600) and team totals stand at 1,406/5,595 and 25%

Today's dog is the rather untraditional-looking Sultan, from Beauty & the Beast:
1660224546779.png
from the Disney Wiki -
Sultan is a dog who lives at the Beast's Castle in Disney's 1991 animated feature film Beauty and the Beast, who was turned into a footstool by the Enchantress.
Personality:
Sultan is a cheerful, excitable, and playful dog.

Physical appearance:
Under the curse, Sultan was a living pudgy red and yellow footstool with brown wooden legs.
As a dog, he’s described as chubby with light brown fur with darker brown ears and spots.

Trivia:
Sultan wasn't the first 'footstool dog' created by Disney. A similar character appeared in the 1936 Mickey Mouse short Thru the Mirror, which explored a similar concept of animated furniture that Beauty and the Beast had.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Sultan_(Beauty_and_the_Beast)

15 minutes for me (250/600) and team totals are 1,446 minutes and 26%.

Today's Disney dog is Percy:
1660334173422.png (from Pocahontas)

"Percy is initially the spoiled dog of Ratcliffe. However, most of his care appears to come from Wiggins, Ratcliffe's servant. Percy is shown to have a number of luxuries, including his own tub and a carousel with dog biscuits. Later on, he leaves Ratcliffe and becomes friends with Pocahontas, Meeko, and Flit with whom he had a formerly antagonistic relationship."

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Percy_(Pocahontas)

Mid-vacation check-in. I've got 40 new minutes, for 290/600.

Sophy1996 and Oneanne have reached Pongo Purple!! :figment::figment:

from the Disney Wiki:

Pongo is the male protagonist of the 1961 Disney animated feature film, One Hundred and One Dalmatians. He is the pet of Roger Radcliffe, the mate of Perdita, the biological father of 15 Dalmatian puppies as well as the adoptive father of 84 more Dalmatian puppies.

Much like his owner, Roger, Pongo is laid-back, playful, and a tad goofy. Aside from this, he is extremely loyal...Roger affectionately refers to Pongo as "Pongo, ol' boy" and the two were even shown to share their own dance, which they engaged in whenever something celebratory occurred.

At the resort's Disney's All-Star Movies Resort, an oversized statue of Pongo can be seen at the 101 Dalmatians section of the hotel.

Team totals are 1,766 minutes and 32%. Keep on plugging away everyone! :cheer2:

+30 from last night. I did the math and, because I can only walk a max of 30 minutes a day, I can't miss a single day of exercise if I wanna meet my goal. 😵‍💫

350/800

Edit to add another 30 minutes from today of walking laps at the Walmart.
380/800
Oh thanks for pushing me to do the math - I need 30 minutes a day. That's doable, right? We can do it together.

Back from NY, so updates should be a little more regular again.

40 minutes for me since my last post (330/600) so I am at Pongo Purple, and congrats to Raya, who has his Slinky Dog Orange!! :tigger:

Sticking with the 101 Dalmatians movie, today's entry is the dogs (and cat) of the Twilight Bark, including ~

Danny the Great Dane and Scottie the Terrier from Hampstead:
1660934387901.png

Prissy the Afghan Hound, somewhere in London:
1660934558856.png

Several dogs in a pet shop window:
1660934931617.png

Coco the Poodle, passing the pet shop with her owner:
1660934969414.png

Towser, the Redbone Coonhound at Withermarsh:
1660935390355.png

and of course, the Colonel and Sgt. Tibbs, who receive the final message at the farm:

Congrats, Elizabeth Smith, on reaching Pongo Purple!! :figment:

I have 15 minutes for last night (slowly getting back into the treadmill routine) and the team is at 2,170 minutes and 39%. :cheer2:

1661015805682.png 1661015834212.png 1661015854286.png

Today's pups are "the" pups from 101 Dalmations. Here is some trivia from the Disney Wiki:
  • In the original novel, four of the original fifteen puppies are named - Lucky, Patch, Roly-Poly, and Cadpig. (I've never heard of that one!) In the Disney adaptations, Roly-Poly's name is shortened to Rolly, and in addition to Lucky and Patch, we hear Penny, Freckles, and Pepper named in the animated version. The live-action version names Fidget, Jewel, Dipstick, Two-Tone, Whizzer, Little Dipper, Domino, and Oddball.
  • At various points in the first movie, the puppies' barks and whimpers were recycled sound effects from Lady, when she was a puppy, and Savage Sam from Old Yeller.
  • The puppies appear on House of Mouse, and also in a sequel called "101 Dalmatians II: Patch's London Adventure". The movie revolves around Patch, who ends up being separated from his family. During the film, he meets their greatest canine hero and idol (after their mother and father), Thunderbolt, the star of their favorite television series.
  • One Dalmatian puppy can be seen in the window of the Fire Department at Mickey's Toontown at Disneyland.
source

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter