Does TRU honor TRU.com prices?

bizeemom4

DIS Veteran
I want a K'nex toy that is 50% off online but only 40% off in the store. It's NOT eligible for free shipping and the cost to ship it cancels the extra discount.

I printed the webpage showing the actual online price. Can I take that to the store and get the online price?

Something interesting I learned from talking with a TRU store manager. TRU and TRU online are not the same company. TRU online is actually owned by Amazon. They buy stock from TRU and resell it. That's why prices are often different online from the store, and why you can't return an item purchased online from TRU to a TRU store. She said Amazon makes most of its money from shipping charges, but many items are shipped free if you meet cetain requirements :confused3 . That also explains why many items show as "unavailable" online while the stores have plenty in stock.

vhoffman said:
Something interesting I learned from talking with a TRU store manager. TRU and TRU online are not the same company. TRU online is actually owned by Amazon. They buy stock from TRU and resell it. That's why prices are often different online from the store, and why you can't return an item purchased online from TRU to a TRU store. She said Amazon makes most of its money from shipping charges, but many items are shipped free if you meet cetain requirements :confused3 . That also explains why many items show as "unavailable" online while the stores have plenty in stock.

INteresting. I was able to return three items from TRU online to my local TRU store with no problems. The only restriction that I was told in the TRU store was that they had to sell it in the store. If the TRU online item was specific to online, I had to return it via Amazon. Since it wasn't, I was able to return one defective item and exchange one item very easily. I did receive TRU store credit for the defective item though.

Thanks for the responses. Here's an update. I was curious since what I wanted was 50% off online but only 40% pff at TRU. I went back to TRU & the toy that I wanted had a green sticker which gave me an additional 50% off the sale price. I ended up saving 69% and paid $31 for the $100 toy! So it turned out better than going with the online price. :cool1:

I was told that sometimes TRU will accept a return from Amazon if its something they can sell and carry in their store. Its up to the manager. But as a rule if you buy it online you must ship it back--check TRU online return policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter