Does the Poly have internet access?

lisareneeo

DIS Veteran
Just curious if I can bring my laptop and if so where can I use it? In the room? or do I have to go out in a common area?
Thanks for the info>

Yes, they do. Cost is $9.95 per 24 hour period though and I believe it's still wired.

Yes, PP is correct. It is NOT wireless, and costs $9.95 for 24 hours. There are cables in the room if I remember correctly...

Yes, there are cables in yout room and for 9.95 you get access to the internet without a problem.:goodvibes

There is definitely an Ethernet cable for use in the room. It is in a little bag in one of the closets. Keep in mind that you do use the cable, you have to leave it in the room upon check-out or you will be charged for it.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

For clarification:

ALL WDW resort rooms are now equipped with wired high-speed internet. Cost is $9.99 per 24-hour period, and you do not have to go anywhere or do anything to turn it on, just connect your laptop, open your web browser, and the sign-up page will automatically come up. At the end of your 24-hour period, the sign-up page will come up again and you can pay for another 24-hour period, or not.

I typically enable it one or maybe two days during a weeklong stay.

Cables are provided (though like everything else in a hotel room, once in a while they walk off with the previous Guest).

Wireless internet access is provided in the public areas at some (not all) WDW resorts, mostly those with convention facilities. Again, it ain't free - cost is $4.99 for the first hour or $9.99 for 24 hours.

1) As mentioned, internet at Poly is high-speed in the room.
2) However, take along a mobile router ( as low as $49).
3) Then you can go wireless almost anywhere in the resort
. . . room
. . . lobby
. . . restaurants
. . . pool
. . . beach (if router has good enough reach)
4) Just make sure you set the router security before you leave home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter