Does lego.com ever have discounts?

bella_and_the_beast

Earning My Ears
I've only ever bought legos from amazon, but I'm looking to buy the Seinfeld set for a Christmas present right now. They're doing double VIP points this week, which I'd probably try to use at Disney Springs if that's possible. I'm still a bit unclear of what kind of rewards you can get. I'd end up getting 1040 points for this set, but I'm wondering if this set might be discounted on Black Friday, and if it's worth waiting to see. It looks like the free shipping threshold is $35 (but I'm not sure if that changes or if that's what it always is).

Lego very rarely does any sales but what does tend to happen more is sets sell out. And often when sets sell out, they do not restock them. I would advise if there is a set you want, don't wait a super long time to get it, especially with the holidays coming up. I buy a LOT of Legos for my 7 year old and it kills me how many sell out and then I see them on Amazon from resellers super marked up.

You can use your rewards for money off sets or for Legoland tickets. They have a reward page that shows what rewards you can earn.

Lego very rarely does any sales but what does tend to happen more is sets sell out. And often when sets sell out, they do not restock them. I would advise if there is a set you want, don't wait a super long time to get it, especially with the holidays coming up. I buy a LOT of Legos for my 7 year old and it kills me how many sell out and then I see them on Amazon from resellers super marked up.

You can use your rewards for money off sets or for Legoland tickets. They have a reward page that shows what rewards you can earn.

Yikes, okay I'll go ahead and buy it. Thanks for the feedback!

The good news is that the Seinfeld set is new, so it will probably have a 2 year run or so before it retires. The trick right now is that the shipping mess has everything screwed up, so who knows when it will restock if/when it sells out. Get it now if you need it for this holiday. It won't retire this year, but it might go OOS for a while.

When Lego does sales on BF, it's typically older sets that are on the verge of retirement, so it's highly unlikely that Seinfeld would be on sale this year. (And the way things are going, they don't really need to do any sales at all because they can't keep product in stock.)

I believe you can use your rewards at Disney Springs, but you can also use them online at Lego.com for money off a future buy.

I try to save my VIP points and then use them towards future purchases.
generally the thresholds are 500 points = $5 2000 points =$20 and it goes up from there

The good news is that the Seinfeld set is new, so it will probably have a 2 year run or so before it retires. The trick right now is that the shipping mess has everything screwed up, so who knows when it will restock if/when it sells out. Get it now if you need it for this holiday. It won't retire this year, but it might go OOS for a while.

When Lego does sales on BF, it's typically older sets that are on the verge of retirement, so it's highly unlikely that Seinfeld would be on sale this year. (And the way things are going, they don't really need to do any sales at all because they can't keep product in stock.)

I believe you can use your rewards at Disney Springs, but you can also use them online at Lego.com for money off a future buy.

That helps, thanks. I'm going to just go ahead an purchase it. I'd rather get it than save a few bucks and have it go out of stock on me.

Buy it now. It's the category of set that won't ever go on sale. Amazon or Target (5% Redcard discount is standard) are our go to for "discounted" lego because Lego.com won't ever discount them. They will offer bonus points or gifts with purchase though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter