Does it take a while to get your room deposit refund?

LovePug

DIS Veteran
I had placed a deposit on a room only and then changed resorts. I placed ANOTHER deposit on a different resort, but my refund of the first deposit hasn't been credited back to my account, yet. Should I wait a couple days?

If you changed Disney resorts without cancelling the first usually the first deposit is applied to your new resort. If the new resort is less than your old then the "extra" is credited to your balance. However if you cancelled and then re-booked then your credit card should be credited. If you did the second the credit should appear within a business day or two, then you might want to check into it further.

If you changed Disney resorts without cancelling the first usually the first deposit is applied to your new resort. If the new resort is less than your old then the "extra" is credited to your balance. However if you cancelled and then re-booked then your credit card should be credited. If you did the second the credit should appear within a business day or two, then you might want to check into it further.

Thank-you. I did cancel and then booked another resort on Friday, so it will likely show up in my account Monday or Tuesday. Thanks, again.

I think Disney actually covers their behinds by saying up to 2 billing cycles since they have no control once they initiate the return. Once Disney sends the request for the refund to the bank, it is all on the bank for how long it can take. Usually they come pretty quick, but things can hold them up.

Give it a week or so

Disney is really good with refunds though. We change plans a lot and they have always refunded it quickly. I have had to call lots of other hotels to get refunds applied.

Our TA quoted us 7-10 business days for a deposit refund so if it hasn’t been that long you might have to wait another few days. Hope it comes through quickly!

When I cancelled the first reservation so I could rebook using the Enchanted room offer it only took two-three days to credit my Disney Visa.

I cancelled a room only reservation on Saturday, February 24, and the refund appeared on my online credit card account on Friday, March 2 as a refund on Tuesday, February 27. So I assume the refund was issued by WDW on 2/27 and applied by my CC bank on 3/2.

Sometimes. Usually depends on the bank receiving the refund, not the bank doing the refunding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter