Does iMessage work with iPhone 14?

cvjw

DIS Veteran
Anyone have luck with iMessage working on an iPhone 14 - without buying the internet package? We sailed a few weeks ago and my iPhone 12 sent and received iMessages all week. My husband’s iPhone 14 didn’t send or receive one all week. We did not buy the internet package.

We were discussing this at dinner and our server said others had told him the same - no iMessages on their 14’s.

Very odd that one worked but the other did not. Are you both on the same version of iOS?

Very odd that one worked but the other did not. Are you both on the same version of iOS?
Yes. And all our settings were the same. His iPhone 11 worked with iMessage on the last cruise. The new 14 would not work. Just wondering if it is all 14’s.

Yes. And all our settings were the same. His iPhone 11 worked with iMessage on the last cruise. The new 14 would not work. Just wondering if it is all 14’s.
Interesting, I would like to know this too. When on the Wish it was nice to use that feature I had an apple 7 though.

Just got the 14 a few weeks ago and we are on the Magic in January. Might have to take my old phone with me…lol

Just got the 14 a few weeks ago and we are on the Magic in January. Might have to take my old phone with me…lol
Might make me keep my iPhone 12 - I was thinking of upgrading!

We had 5 identical phones with identical software. 3 of them worked and 2 didn't. Could never figure out why.

Anyone have luck with iMessage working on an iPhone 14 - without buying the internet package? We sailed a few weeks ago and my iPhone 12 sent and received iMessages all week. My husband’s iPhone 14 didn’t send or receive one all week. We did not buy the internet package.

We were discussing this at dinner and our server said others had told him the same - no iMessages on their 14’s.

Did the rest of the navigator app work for him?

Just off the Fantasy - a 7 night cruise. iMessage worked on my iPhone SE - ios 15 something. Worked great until the afternoon of the 6th (at sea) day. Then it seems I was kicked off the 'free' level of Wifi. When I looked under Settings - Wifi - DCL Guest - it said No Internet Connection in orange. I tried turning it on and off, Wifi on and off, Airplane mode on and off, etc . . . If there was an IT person, I would have asked but Guest Services was full of people who had just gotten their statements. I brought a 2nd iPhone with no SIM card and it worked for the rest of the trip. I could see the Navigator App items and my statement but I couldn't make any reservation to see Guest Services.

I have a 12 Pro. I’ve done 6 cruises since the restart and it’s worked on all of them except the second half of my most recent Wonder b2b. No idea why.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there was a data cap of some sort that I reached on Day #6? I did have people try to send me photos that I didn't even try to open. The only thing I didn't try is to delete the app because without ANY wifi, I wouldn't be able to get it back and then not have access to menus, etc. And it did work on my 2nd phone. Oh, i forgot I had this: I had "Local Network" turned on (it just already was) but I didn't clear the cache. Didn't have all my passwords with me and wasn't sure what I would 'lose' if I cleared everything out. But maybe this will help someone else.

DCL Guest Wifi.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter